Aug 06, 2019, 09:54 AM

Capi battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by censrd
Hi Mate, So I'm curious how you went fitting the TBS battery in your capi, did you have to modify the bay at all? My battery seems to be too long, but it doesn't make sense that the battery designed for this bird won't fit into it???
Further to this, does anyone else here use the TBS battery in their Capi? Its a bit frustrating, as the bay size i have measured is about 162mm in length, TBS states max size should be 165mm, but the TBS capi battery measures closer to 174mm. Is this something others have found or am I the lucky one out of the bunch??
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2019, 10:14 AM
My flight with the Caprina 2
The new TruedX 2.4ghz, and i did directly a flight from 20KM (8 min 57 sec)
Aug 30, 2019, 02:08 PM
I have a Caipi 2 on the way, and I'm wondering if a 2216 1200kv would be enough motor? I have a couple sitting around and would like to put them to use. I use one in a mini-talon weighing 1600g, and this wing appears to be lighter, so I would think it should be fine. Thoughts?
Sep 09, 2019, 02:16 AM
So this is the maiden flight and it crashed, so being that this was my maiden I'm hoping someone can help suggest what I did wrong. The plane was balanced, in manual/passthrough mode. INAV 2.1 on the FuriousFPV F-35.

TBS CAIPIRINHA-INAV - Launch Failure (0 min 50 sec)
Sep 09, 2019, 06:31 AM
FPV 23Km
[QUOTE=censrd;42700501]So this is the maiden flight and it crashed, so being that this was my maiden I'm hoping someone can help suggest what I did wrong. The plane was balanced, in manual/passthrough mode. INAV 2.1 on the FuriousFPV F-35.

Make sure that CG is in the SPOT
Guive some up trim for launch
Use this ruller to make sure that neutral is in the right place on the ailerons (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3705017)
Sep 09, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
So this is the maiden flight and it crashed, so being that this was my maiden I'm hoping someone can help suggest what I did wrong. The plane was balanced, in manual/passthrough mode. INAV 2.1 on the FuriousFPV F-35.

https://youtu.be/X2Ts8f3aOR0
Don't use your crossfire antenna in vertical. It was morir toque that made your wing to bank left. Launch in stab mode with 30% uptrim and 80-90% throttle.
Sep 09, 2019, 06:36 AM
... personally I would NEVER launch/Maiden a wing in STAB ... not the first time! ... you never know if the board alignment is ok, your servo-setup is mixed or whatever caveats are in store!

But ... yeah... your should throttle up a lot more.
Sep 09, 2019, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=lbarreiro;42701139]
Quote:

Make sure that CG is in the SPOT
Guive some up trim for launch
Use this ruller to make sure that neutral is in the right place on the ailerons (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3705017)
I actually had the wing resting on a rounded/domed pole in the carpark for at least 10minutes before take off, so it couldnt have been that far off balance.
So just to make sure I'm following correctly, I should use the trim to pitch the aircraft upwards on take off and then return to neutral once flying? If so should i just program that into a switch? I had printed out the TBS ruler and stuck it to cardboard and i used it to set both sides to neutral. However i couldn't quite get the ailerons to move to the two end notchs but could reach the first 1 either side of neutral and a smidgen further. EG if the 5 different notches were labled from top to bottom, 3 being neutral, I could move to notches 2 and 4 but not 1 and 5.
Sep 09, 2019, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper1
Don't use your crossfire antenna in vertical. It was morir toque that made your wing to bank left. Launch in stab mode with 30% uptrim and 80-90% throttle.
Happy to be corrected if wrong, and not sure if this changes anything but i'm running the TBS nano diversity RX on that wing so i have one immortal T antenna surfaced cut into the wing away from any carbon, and the 2nd antenna situated through the wing so its poking out above and below the wing. IF this isn't correct how would i set it up better? Also can you clarify what you meant by saying it was "more??? torque" so too much throttle??? Also watching the Inav build videos they seem to suggest NOT using any STAB on your maiden till you have it dialed in. But i'm assuming you have had no issues using it??? Thanks
Sep 09, 2019, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Happy to be corrected if wrong, and not sure if this changes anything but i'm running the TBS nano diversity RX on that wing so i have one immortal T antenna surfaced cut into the wing away from any carbon, and the 2nd antenna situated through the wing so its poking out above and below the wing. IF this isn't correct how would i set it up better? Also can you clarify what you meant by saying it was "more??? torque" so too much throttle??? Also watching the Inav build videos they seem to suggest NOT using any STAB on your maiden till you have it dialed in. But i'm assuming you have had no issues using it??? Thanks
It doesn't matter. Immortal T signal will bounce from the ground and give you better distance. My tests resulted in 11km with vertical antenna placement and 20+ with horizontal.

"more torque" I misspelled "motor toque " I had no issues as long as I use the uptrim I mentioned on a switch. Just be sure it corrects the right way. I also increased the servo throws from what they suggest on TBS Lounge by installing a non cut servo horn and using the last hole. It gives more travel to the surfaces and makes it able to do larger corrections.
Sep 10, 2019, 05:17 AM
FPV 23Km
[QUOTE=censrd;42703829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarreiro
I actually had the wing resting on a rounded/domed pole in the carpark for at least 10minutes before take off, so it couldnt have been that far off balance.
So just to make sure I'm following correctly, I should use the trim to pitch the aircraft upwards on take off and then return to neutral once flying? If so should i just program that into a switch? I had printed out the TBS ruler and stuck it to cardboard and i used it to set both sides to neutral. However i couldn't quite get the ailerons to move to the two end notchs but could reach the first 1 either side of neutral and a smidgen further. EG if the 5 different notches were labled from top to bottom, 3 being neutral, I could move to notches 2 and 4 but not 1 and 5.
The notch 1 and 5 is the total travel of the ailerons - ie.: Ailerons+elevator. Are you certain that when you apply full elevator and left (or right) you can't reach to the top(s) notches?

I forgot to tell in the first post you must apply more throttle as mentioned (80% to 90%) on takeoff
Sep 10, 2019, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper1
It doesn't matter. Immortal T signal will bounce from the ground and give you better distance. My tests resulted in 11km with vertical antenna placement and 20+ with horizontal.

"more torque" I misspelled "motor toque " I had no issues as long as I use the uptrim I mentioned on a switch. Just be sure it corrects the right way. I also increased the servo throws from what they suggest on TBS Lounge by installing a non cut servo horn and using the last hole. It gives more travel to the surfaces and makes it able to do larger corrections.
Yeah after watching a couple videos on servos and hinge points i had a feeling that the horns being cut down to the closet hole would limit my throws, which they did, as i mention in another comment i could only reach the first marker either side of neutral , but then also hearing trappy mention that the plane only needed small amount of deflection i (wrongly) assumed i was good. So it looks like i'll be cutting out some access channels to the servos and replace those horns to give me more throw. Thanks
Sep 10, 2019, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=lbarreiro;42708483]
Quote:

The notch 1 and 5 is the total travel of the ailerons - ie.: Ailerons+elevator. Are you certain that when you apply full elevator and left (or right) you can't reach to the top(s) notches?

I forgot to tell in the first post you must apply more throttle as mentioned (80% to 90%) on takeoff
Yep certain thats as far as they allow the surface to move, but I put it down to the servo arms being cut down and only using the hole closet to the servo, will try replacing the horns to give me more travel and next launch more throttle. Not sure if you use INAV or not, but does it sound right that in stab mode on the ground i wouldn't see much movement from the servos? only once flying and after servotune will it move them more???
Sep 15, 2019, 03:30 AM
Thinking about getting this wing, have the opportunity to purchase a pnp kit used that hasn't been assembled for a decent discount.

I am planning on using the new DJI digital fpv system and am considering a few different wings.
One of the main things i want is to be able to cruise around for ≥ 20 min at ≥80kph (50mph), is this something this wing can achieve. PNP is with cobra CP2814 1050kv and stock prop
Have pretty little experience with wings, my z84 is pretty beat up and its time for something else.
Sep 15, 2019, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboy1998
Thinking about getting this wing, have the opportunity to purchase a pnp kit used that hasn't been assembled for a decent discount.

I am planning on using the new DJI digital fpv system and am considering a few different wings.
One of the main things i want is to be able to cruise around for ≥ 20 min at ≥80kph (50mph), is this something this wing can achieve. PNP is with cobra CP2814 1050kv and stock prop
Have pretty little experience with wings, my z84 is pretty beat up and its time for something else.

It really depends. Its an AWESOME wing, but its going to be heavy, so it won't survive crashes and failed takeoffes super well. Not terrible, not great.
You will definitely be able to cruise for more than 20 minutes, and the weight makes it an awesome cruise. If you've made it by with a Z84, I think you'll do just fine with the Caipi2. I personally would snatch it up in a heartbeat if I got it for a discount. You will love all the room it has for your gear. I crashed mine on a terrible launch, so I'm letting the glue dry. Can't wait to get it back up in the air.

Quick Reply