Jan 28, 2018, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y

I am also waiting on the pnp kit. I have the electronics tested and ready for when it arrives. In the meantime I have been watching other people builds closely.
I am a little concerned about the winglets. It seems to me that they are made from lightweight material and are fixed to the wing with only two small wood screws. These winglets will have to take the brunt of every landing this plane sees.
It would seem to me the included winglets would be better used as templates for cutting new ones out of ply or fiberboard. Some proper threaded anchors can be set into the wing before bolting the winglets on.
Any one have thoughts on this?
Is that board an AIO? like OSD, current sensor, Vtx and FC? What freq is the video run on? Looks super simple.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2018, 07:59 PM

TBS CAIPIRINHA 2 ***Owner's Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichealT
Is that board an AIO? like OSD, current sensor, Vtx and FC? What freq is the video run on? Looks super simple.

This IS really simple. No FC at all! I am using all the TBS products here: FPVision, Wing Layer, GPS and Crossfire micro rx. Therefore it is only manual control but with all the gps fun goodies! It has buzzer, Osd, current/voltage meter, airspeed and altitude etc. I get gps data on my Taranis for if I lose the plane I can locate it.
Jan 28, 2018, 08:18 PM
Wow that TBS stuff is nice. I'm thinking a TBS build this summer is on the table.
Jan 29, 2018, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
I'm planning to use F4 with iNav to have also stabilization and RTH
Jan 29, 2018, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y
This IS really simple. No FC at all! I am using all the TBS products here: FPVision, Wing Layer, GPS and Crossfire micro rx. Therefore it is only manual control but with all the gps fun goodies! It has buzzer, Osd, current/voltage meter, airspeed and altitude etc. I get gps data on my Taranis for if I lose the plane I can locate it.
I like it, I'm waiting on mother nature to let up so i can get my maiden out of the way then I'm going to proceed with more TBS awesomeness (ie) FPVision, Winglayer and GPS as you have here.
Jan 30, 2018, 01:26 PM
Will be interesting to see how much it wobbles right to left as the Caipirinha "1" did. =) I should get rid of the wings I got and get this... anyway.
Feb 02, 2018, 08:17 AM
Hi
Any measure the empty weight of the kit? I like to a more lighter plane? Smaller battery and motor.
Feb 02, 2018, 08:47 AM
Hi WB. Here is a quick replacement. I hope you have a 3D printer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2770857
Feb 02, 2018, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst
I'm planning to use F4 with iNav to have also stabilization and RTH
Im thinking the same:

Omnibus F4
GPS
INAV
DJI Ocusync Air unit for HD video and Control
Feb 02, 2018, 10:58 AM
Here's a video of my maiden of the Caipi2 with et uVector and a bungee launch. Can't believe how easy this makes it. No more stress from throwing it. Not easy on a heavy wing.

Tbs caipirinha 2 maiden (0 min 56 sec)
Feb 03, 2018, 07:40 AM
Can anybody confirm 90min flight time as advertised?
Feb 04, 2018, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst

That looks awsome
Feb 04, 2018, 12:41 PM
Man Mother Nature doesn’t want this maiden to happen, so I’ve taken this time to install some leds install battery and flight cam.
Feb 10, 2018, 10:50 AM

TBS CAIPIRINHA 2 ***Owner's Thread***

I just received mine in the mail and I already tore into the build.
So far I have painted all the wooden parts with a watered down wood glue mixture. This process really adds a lot on strength to it. I scoured the outside portions with knife beforehand to roughen it up. Next a spent a couple hours trying my hand at laminating. I sprayed the foam with Super77 spray glue first before ironing on the 3mil laminate.

I think it was the spray glue that gives it the milky grey sheen in the light.

Then I used Gorilla glue and water to glue the wings to the wooden parts.
Last edited by WhalleyB0Y; Feb 10, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
Feb 10, 2018, 02:57 PM
More progress...
Using TBS Fpvision, winglayer, gps module and crossfire micro rx.

I had to remove the factory pins and put on the 90* ones for it to fit under the hatch.

I like to keep my gear modular so I have soldered on connectors from the pdb and the esc.

The gps module fits in the furthest pocket on the left side. Stock cable has plenty of length to reach to the right side. My rx will sit on the upper left pocket, gps lower left pocket.

Quick Reply