Jan 08, 2018, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
New Product

TBS CAIPIRINHA 2 ***Owner's Thread***

I guess that this would be a very popular FPV wing and many owners would share here their experience, I hope to be one soon

TBS CAIPIRINHA 2 (KIT)
TBS CAIPIRINHA 2 (PNP)

The most efficient and smooth long range cruiser the world of FPV has ever seen!

We're incredibly excited to announce the TBS CAIPIRINHA II - the wing that puts your piloting, pronunciation and spelling skills to the test! It's a gentle long range cruiser that turns into a fierce mountain diver with just a slight push on your pitch stick.

The Caipirinha II is based on the Wipeout by HappyFlyers from Switzerland! A polycarbonate battery bay, push-to-open equipment bays, a PDB with up to 3 battery inputs, wiring channels that stretch across the entire wing, a huge 6mm-plywood-lined center section are just some of the innovations that make this plane stand out from the rest. An ultra-sleek and aerodynamic finish ensure that no energy goes to waste, and a very good glide slope makes thermaling or long distance slopeing highly enjoyable.

The PNP kit from TBS is equipped with high quality, digital metal gear servos, a CP2814-1150kV Cobra motor, 50A HobbyWing ESC and high quality Aeronaut CAM Carbon folding propellers. Vertical climbs, rocket-like punch outs, or highly efficient cruising are all within the design parameters of this setup!

We can confidently say it's going to be the only long range cruiser you will ever need, and the only flying wing in its weight class with such a performance envelope.

FEATURES
Small, lightweight, fly anywhere design
Ultimate in flight stability and endurance
Virtually indestructible EPP/Plywood construction
Pre-cut camera, servo, battery, R/C receiver and video transmitter slots
2x push-to-open equipment bays for R/C and FPV electronics
Pre-cut, sanded and covered ultra-lightweight elevons & pushrods
KIT CONTAINS:
CAPIRINHA 2 with all hardware accessories
2x Digital MG Servo 6kgf/cm, 5-6V
CP2814-1050kV Cobra Motor
50A HobbyWing Skywalker Wing ESC
Aeronaut 10x6 folding prop with prop assembly (CNC aluminum)
Everything prepared as far as possible. Final assembly time around 2 hours.
SPECIFICATIONS
36.5in / 93cm wingspan!
50oz / 1400g AUW (including GoPro Session5 and battery)
90min flying time
45mi / 75km endurance
Battery (4S):
Capacity: 4500mAh 4S - 6600mAh 4S, 20C or more
SUGGESTED Dimension: 48 x 36 x 150 mm, 525g
MAX Dimension: 60 x 44 x 165 mm, 550g

RECOMMENDED FPV AND RADIO EQUIPMENT
FPV camera: TBS ZeroZero II or TBS69
Video transmission:
5.8GHz: TBS FPVision or TBS UNIFY PRO V3 with TBS CORE PRO
2.4GHz: TBS CORE PRO with Unify 500mW / 800mW VTx
Crossfire Micro Rx or Diversity Rx

TBS Caipirinha 2 [Team BlackSheep] (4 min 1 sec)
Last edited by guyst; Jan 08, 2018 at 10:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2018, 11:33 AM
So wonder what they used for a battery in the video, I see the recommended size. Didn't see any mention if the reverse cutouts came with it either unless I missed it, not planning on running a GoPro. Still think I'm going to have to get one, been eyeballing the caipirinha 1 for years now.
Jan 08, 2018, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
I plan to use 4S 5200mah battery, which should provide me more than an hour flight.
It looks as the pre-cut are there , although I don't have a GoPro session, so I will see what camera and where to put it
Jan 08, 2018, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
TBS - Caipirinha 2 -- First Testflight (3 min 4 sec)
Jan 08, 2018, 06:29 PM
Yikes they want $74 to ship!? wth
Jan 12, 2018, 06:10 PM
Thread OP
Team BlackSheep (TBS) Caipirinha 2 - Maiden flight (2 min 4 sec)
Jan 13, 2018, 12:13 PM
Thread OP
This was just published on a Facebook group:

Since first batch-wave of caipis shipped around the planet and no one shares any footage people starting bad rumors about this nice bird.
Just to revoke the speculations of „not fly‘able“ and the other BS what pisses me off makes me sharing my not really interesting but confirming footage this bird does great!
Today not spectacular but breezy and foggy conditions the bird performed very well.
As you can see and calculate wind has been around 55kph/30mi and gusts up to 80/50 it enjoyes being airborne and performs in every situation.

For the subbers :
I do fly every single day but raindays.. stay tuned for my updates

Fact:
It’s very hard to setup the CoG and get it airborne smooth

TBS Caipi 2 foggy flight (6 min 4 sec)
Jan 13, 2018, 09:35 PM
Wings are hard to launch. Heavy wings are 10 times harder to launch.

My first wing was a ritewing z3 with a 4s 5200 so I feel all these people's pain.

This wing looks really nice. If I wanted a bigger wing I'd definitely get this.
Jan 21, 2018, 01:10 PM
93cm wingspan with 1.4kg seems too much wing loading, guess not easy to handle at low speed, and launching too
Jan 21, 2018, 06:11 PM
Preordered from getfpv still waiting. Anyone have an idea when they will be here?
Jan 21, 2018, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_flyoo4
Preordered from getfpv still waiting. Anyone have an idea when they will be here?
Tbs was shipping last week to everywhere, I'd imagine this week sometime.
Jan 27, 2018, 02:06 AM
Woot Woot mine came in what a fun ,fast and exciting build
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...S-Caipirinha-2
Jan 28, 2018, 04:56 AM
I finished building mine and took it for a maiden the next day but with no fpv gear yet
first and second attepmpt to launch did not go well because me, but once it is in the air it flys really well, nice and stable.

TBS Caipronha 2 maiden (9 min 32 sec)
Jan 28, 2018, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
Hope to get mine soon!
Jan 28, 2018, 05:37 PM

I am also waiting on the pnp kit. I have the electronics tested and ready for when it arrives. In the meantime I have been watching other people builds closely.
I am a little concerned about the winglets. It seems to me that they are made from lightweight material and are fixed to the wing with only two small wood screws. These winglets will have to take the brunt of every landing this plane sees.
It would seem to me the included winglets would be better used as templates for cutting new ones out of ply or fiberboard. Some proper threaded anchors can be set into the wing before bolting the winglets on.
Any one have thoughts on this?

Quick Reply