What's Your Winter Project? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

What's Your Winter Project?

Tell us about your winter project(s) and be sure to post some photos of your progress or finished model. I look forward to seeing what you guys are working on!

Splash

Building Season Is Here!

Now that old man Winter has hit full force on much of the country, rc enthusiasts have started to retreat indoors to dream of spring and warm sunny weekends. That doesn't mean the fun has to stop though, we all know that half the fun of RC is building right? Well maybe some of the younger guys who never built anything won't know that yet, but even the drone racers love building their drones.

The satisfaction you get from staring at a finished model airplane on your table that you built can't be put into words. There's pride, accomplishment and a nervous excitement about what's to come. Winter is a perfect time to start a new project and take your time to get it right. It's too cold out to fly, so why not enjoy the process. Many of us pick a winter project or two or ten and likely you've already started. I decided not to start a project this year due to packing and getting ready to move into a new house within a couple of months. I miss it, so let me and others live vicariously through you. Tell us about your winter project(s) and be sure to post some photos of your progress or finished model. I look forward to seeing what you guys are working on!

Jan 08, 2018, 10:39 AM
My winter project is a canard, with a kf wing, it is scratch built out of foam , right now the wing is done and the tail but the problem is a twist in the fuse, the other winter project is the sterling wizard, it's been on the bench for a while , a very difficult build lots of little pieces and sub assemblies, but dor the most part it is framed up and now just needs capping and the wood decking for the turtle deck, don't know about the covering yet the whole thing is solid except the wings might dope it and paint it
Jan 08, 2018, 11:00 AM
Arrowhead
Winter projects? First, finally (finally!) finish off the 1/5 scale Wildcat I’ve been “finishing” since April. Then it’s back to work on the Dave Andersen/RCM Boulton-Paul Defiant. Throw in a few repairs to other planes, and that should keep me out of trouble!
Jan 08, 2018, 11:13 AM
Parkcityflier
Finishing off a three year project of a Dornier DO-24K flying boat. Now, starting its fourth year and in its final form as the second prototype build, it's time to get it done. A Proctor Fokker DVII is waiting in the wings to get its turn.

Jim
Jan 08, 2018, 12:14 PM
Master of the 1 point landing
36 inch A6M5 Zero free flight conversion to 4 channel RC. Almost ready for glass cloth and polyurethane.

Then it's on to a 30 inch Sopwith Pup.
Jan 08, 2018, 12:15 PM
1/4 sg38 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8-with-gondola

im also working on a scale boat and my workshop all at the same time.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:08 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Finishing off a box for my FPV Gremlin. Just gotta pick up a few bits, like a screwdriver that can fit and figure out a place inside to store extra props and screws.
Jan 08, 2018, 02:35 PM
killickb
What winter ?
Jan 08, 2018, 02:41 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
What winter ?

You had yours last week!
Jan 08, 2018, 02:54 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
I finished a Gnome powered glider now working to finish a Mark Rittinger Pharoah.
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Jan 08, 2018, 03:57 PM
Clancy
I am staring my first Tritle build
Jan 08, 2018, 03:58 PM
RCG Admin
What's this gnome power you speak of? Is that better than electric motors? : )
Jan 08, 2018, 03:59 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
What's Your Winter Project?

I know what it should be, it should be properly servicing my current models, but will probably end up as before, a quick look-over, wipe off any cobwebs etc, prior to loading them into my car, and hope.

Snag is, I'm having one of those, 'shall I just sell every thing ?' times.

When I consider the past years weather, and the number of times I actually managed to get out flying, .........
Time for a change ?, not for yet another build ?

Ray.

(it could be an age thing, and the realization that there actually could be more to life).
Jan 08, 2018, 04:11 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
What's this gnome power you speak of? Is that better than electric motors? : )
...Sorry, the glider is a 2M Gnome glider powered by a Cobra 2814/16 with a 10x8 folding prop......
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Jan 08, 2018, 05:09 PM
RCG Admin
Sorry, I was just playing around.

Quick Reply