Tron inspired canard type build - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 05:16 PM
Where do you think the CG will be? That will make or break your maden!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 06:13 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedvike
Where do you think the CG will be? That will make or break your maden!
Based on my precise calculated 'guess' it should be 3/4 to 1 inch in front of the LE of the main wing using the chuck glider CG as reference. Going start at 1/2 inch and adjust as needed based on the test flight....flights, if I get lucky enough to have more than one.
Jan 13, 2018, 05:47 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Well good news is it was a good enough day to maiden this plane....yep, bad news now, throttled up and tossed it, it went about 4-5 feet almost straight with a what appeared to be a little nose heavy fall to the ground before I gave the elevons some up elevator and it dove "pitched?" into the ground. Took some weight off the front and it went even faster into tera firma. Looks like Ninja was right, I may need to either make some working elevators in the canard or make the canard alot smaller.

Quick Reply