Florida Spring F3RES Apr 14-15 2018 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 12, 2018, 12:33 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
I can make it Sunday if someone looses a teammate. Got the MadRES tuned up.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2018, 04:11 PM
ʇsol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr83
I can make it Sunday if someone looses a teammate. Got the MadRES tuned up.
You're going to have competition. My Gentle Lady is all trimmed and ready to go!
Latest blog entry: Sagitta 600 build 2018
Apr 12, 2018, 08:06 PM
R2R
R2R
I should be there Sunday too.
Apr 13, 2018, 10:00 AM
ʇsol
I'm in for Saturday but watching the weather closely on Sunday. They're calling for strong to severe storms with possible tornadoes - but it sounds like maybe it's going to hold off until early evening, and maybe stay west. Fingers crossed.
Apr 14, 2018, 07:53 PM
ʇsol
Lots of fun on Saturday. Weather started off cloudy but terrific - 68 with very light breezes. Cleared out and got warm and breezy by the afternoon. Experienced some dramatic tail flutter on my C-Lite (a known issue), seemed ok but decided to switch to the Gentle Lady until I could give everything a good once over.

Some pictures from Saturday attached below
Apr 14, 2018, 08:30 PM
The first day of the first F3RES contest hosted by the Orlando Buzzards was completed today and what a day it was. The weather conditions proved challenging for these small light planes. Again with Raed Ellazzawi at the controlls of this contest some of the early bugs were worked out.(what would we all do without this man) Im sure we will improve with experience on running F3RES events. John Kennedy and the Augustine crew came down and showed us they mean business , awesome. Doug Chainberlain showed us where Brayden gets his talent from , so many great things happened today i cant remember them all but i do remember laughing a lot. See you all in the morning.
Apr 15, 2018, 06:37 PM
The high winds might have kept a few folks from attending, though it is always good practice to fly in windy conditions, we set up 4 histarts and 6 landing tapes, 3 teams of 3 team members each, two guys had to leave early, so Jody Miller stepped in to help. Had a few line tangles other than that the contest ran smooth. Five rounds were flown Saturday between about 10:30 and 2pm, it was a lot windier Sunday so we didn't fly any. Set up Mickey's Big Timer to 3 minute prep time, 9 minute window and 30 sec landing period, we agreed that next time 5 min prep time would be better to give pilots more time to get ready, also making this a one day contest with an earlier start time, unless we get bigger sign up numbers. We also added small parachutes to get the line to come back closer to the launch area so we didn't have to walk so much.
I am very happy we finally got to do this, I really like the team aspect in flying and contest prep , next contest will be in St Augustine, around the middle of July.
Raed
Apr 16, 2018, 02:47 PM
Very challenging and very fun! Windy conditions; light little two meter airplanes; and not practicing in the windy conditions certainly creates some entertaining situations. Although this format does not require the physical prowess of F3B, it still burns a lot of energy and is fast paced compared to our thermal duration / open winch (I believe I was the one begging for five instead of three minute prep' times). We did generate an immediate rivalry between the Orlando Buzzards and the St. Augustine RC Flyers teams that I hope will carry on into some more contest this year and with some more participation. We have enough pilots with appropriate airplanes in the SARCF to build two good three man teams and one or two in reserve pilots. So lets talk up the next F3Res in St Augustine tentatively July 14th. I will talk with club at next meeting about sponsoring a one or two day contest.
Thanks again Raed and Steve for your efforts to make this first one a success. Got to CA my plane to tighten it back up and practice some in the wind! Thanks again for another fun Saturday! Who knew these little planes would zoom like that off these light bungies; WOW!

Quick Reply