Parkzone F4F Wildcat 1.0m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Parkzone F4F Wildcat 1.0m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select

It's nice to see HorizonHobby bringing back a classic. The F4F Wildcat is an awesome looking and flying warbird and now its been updated with the latest technology.

Splash

F4F Wildcat under $150

It's nice to see HorizonHobby bringing back a classic. The F4F Wildcat is an awesome looking and flying warbird and now its been updated with the latest technology. This model is a BNF Basic and comes with an AS3X Receiver that features optional SAFE Select Technology. That means it will be stable, easy to fly and have the ability to save itself at the flick of a switch.

The scale details are nice for this price range and other features include easy fast assembly, a brushless power system and durable EPO foam construction. The power system included consists of a 480 size 960kv brushless motor connected to a 30A ESC. It includes four 9g micro servos that control the ailerons, rudder and elevator. At $149, this plane is a great value for pilots looking for a fun scale place that can fly in smaller fields.

Check out the Parkzone F4F Wildcat 1.0m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select at Horizon Hobby

Jan 05, 2018, 12:58 PM
rcnova
Note: photo and manual state an 18 Amp ESC (not a 30 Amp ESC)
Jan 05, 2018, 01:16 PM
So I guess it’s “really”back now? Someone at Horizon spilled the beans awhaile back and then it disappeared. Maybe a few other will come back as well, SE-5 maybe?.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Jan 05, 2018, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova - K
Note: photo and manual state an 18 Amp ESC (not a 30 Amp ESC)
That was an early error.

I can confirm it does come with the 30 AMP ESC.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Jan 05, 2018, 02:55 PM
It looks like a glossy finish this time...not sure this is an improvement.

This is a sweet flyer though. I’m looking forward to fresh copy in my hangar.
Jan 05, 2018, 03:06 PM
Parkstormer!
Really wish I could pick up the new version, but I've lost most of my access to my old "grass" flying field, and have to fly off pavement now instead. Many, many good memories of wearing out a Wildcat and a Gunfighter . . . Good value for the money, too.
Jan 05, 2018, 04:37 PM
thank u horizon fir bring back park wildcat it will look great with my parkzone p51
Jan 05, 2018, 06:17 PM
Beautiful plane but I wish Horizon Hobby would spend a little bit more time with bringing some ARF's back to production. The market is just getting flooded with all the foam airplanes which are great for beginners but still not the same quality, durability, looks or flight characteristics of a balsa ARF. Paint tends to fleck easy, white always turns yellow and nicks very easily from hanger rash. The economy is doing better and I've noticed a lot of people wanting the smaller park flyer ARF's and all the E-flite ARF's keep disappearing. I'm so thankful that I bought the Extra 260 480 before they discontinued it recently. Might buy a couple more Slick 480 planes before they decide to pull the plug on that one. Wish that I would've came back into the hobby about 10 years sooner so I would've had the opportunity to get a ton of the discontinued models Horizon and E-flite had to offer.
Last edited by Wierda; Jan 05, 2018 at 06:55 PM.
Jan 06, 2018, 10:44 AM
Really glad to see this plane back!

I am still flying my original PZ Wildcat, and it is far and away my favorite plane to just go fly. Just toss it in the air and have fun.

There are better looking planes, faster planes, more agile planes, more detailed planes, etc., but just like the full size F4F, this little park flyer is a great balance of all aspects and just fun to fly!
Jan 06, 2018, 12:11 PM
Arrowhead
Warning! Flying this plane may result in “Wildcat Fever”, an affliction with no known cure. Symptoms include hoarding Wildcats, Wildcat related literature and considering anything else “just an airplane”.

Jan 07, 2018, 11:22 PM
Too bad they don't have a snap in gear option like the umx version for those of us that don't have soft cushy grass to land on. Belly landing in the fields I fly at would destroy the bottom very quickly.
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Jan 08, 2018, 01:36 AM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
Does this have some belly protection like the old Snortin' Bull P-47 did?

This will be my first HH purchase since their ill fated 650mm Zero. Good gob guys, and finally a realistic price. Nice, very nice...
Jan 08, 2018, 02:44 AM
Old's Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRI
Does this have some belly protection like the old Snortin' Bull P-47 did?
Better actually than the Snortin' Bull. Best belly landing foam warbird ever made. You won't be disappointed.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:16 PM
Grumpa Tom
Looks like the paint scheme is fairly accurate. Maybe just a lil' bit darker shade of blue?
Jan 08, 2018, 02:34 PM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnooly
Better actually than the Snortin' Bull. Best belly landing foam warbird ever made. You won't be disappointed.
Sounds great, thanks for that info!

Quick Reply