Furibee Stormer 220 - RaceDrone w/2308 - 35A BLheliS - Omnibus F4 PLUS - 600TVL CCD - RC Groups
Jan 05, 2018, 06:17 AM
youtube.com searchfor danqfpv
Mini-Review

Furibee Stormer 220 - RaceDrone w/2308 - 35A BLheliS - Omnibus F4 PLUS - 600TVL CCD

FuriBee Stormer 220mm FPV Racing Drone
F4 FC with OSD and VTX 3-6S 2308 2200KV Brushless Motor Blheli-S 35A ESC

PnP: https://www.gearbest.com/brushless-f...?lkid=12515998
FRsky: https://www.gearbest.com/brushless-f...&lkid=12516000

Spare Parts:
Frame: https://goo.gl/jWi4uz
ESC: https://goo.gl/7SARbQ
FC: https://goo.gl/ULbAHV
ARMS: https://goo.gl/cPgiC4
MOTORS: https://goo.gl/a2zLNR
CAMERA: https://goo.gl/1unZHi

So many recent releases, I guess the market is so big that they are able to do this. The Stormer220 is the most current addition to Furibee’s racerdrone market, here are the impressive specs:

Specifications:
-Frame: 3K CF, 4mm, 220mm, 95g
-FC: Omnibus F4 PLUS
-ESC: 4 IN 1 BLHELI-S 35A 3-6S, Firmeware 16.6, Dshot, Oneshot, Multishot, PWM
-Video transmitter: 5.8G 48CH 25MW / 100MW / 200MW
-Motors: 2308 2200KV, 3-6S, 1856g of thrust!
-Camera: HS1177, CCD, 600TVL, 2.5mm Lens
-RX: Frsky XM Plus Receiver or PnP

Included Contents:
Drone, GoPro Mount, Pagoda antenna, 2 x Battery Straps, 8 x Propeller, Prop nuts

Videos:

Furibee Stormer 220 Racedrone - Unbox - Measurements - Review - Flight tests (13 min 22 sec)

Stormer arrives in a nice box, looks so fancy

Front view: - The camera is a FuriBee HS1177, with a 2.5mm 600TVL lens. Wide angle view at 130 degrees. Very good picture quality: vibrant colors, high detail, but the brightness is set a little high.

Camera angles

Max uptilt

For me there is plenty of uptilt, but if you need more uptilt, you can cut off these little clips on the back of the camera, it gets caught up on the esc board preventing the camera from tilting up any further.

Lowest- It's unlikely anyone is going to be flying with the camera like this, but I'm just showing how far it can go.

On the back of the camera is a toggle switch allowing you to adjust camera's settings: brightness, contrast, exposure etc...

Side view: microSD card slot for blackbox logging,

XT60 connector soldered directly to the 4in1 ESC, nice beveled corners on the arms.

Rear view: A pagoda antenna, bright LED's and a very loud buzzer

Top view:

Bottom view: There's a foam pad included in this kit that youll need to apply yourself. Does a good job preventing the battery from sliding around.

LED and buzzer board which will alert you when your battery's voltage drops below a predefined voltage, you can also bind it to a switch and use it when you cant find it after a crash

2308 @2200KV motors, constructed using high quality parts: Kawasaki stators, NMB bearings, aluminum shell, Nd-Fe-B magnets, and steel shaft.

Each motor weighs 38g (pretty heavy), and is stated to produce 1865g of thrust per motor. Unfortunately it's quite vague as it doesnt state at what voltage nor using what size props.

Stormer220 is available in pnp or bnf with frsky xm+ receiver.

The flight controller is an Omnibus F4 Plus, it's a feature packed flight controller with a built in 48 channel, 5.8ghz VTX with switchable 25, 100 and 200 mW power schemes. It uses an ipex pigtail that's connected to an RP-SMA connector which is then connected to an RHCP Pagoda antenna. The boards features include betaflight OSD, LC filter, BEC, microsd card slot, and more. Ships out with Betaflight firmware 3.2.0

Below the FC is a 35amp 4in1 BLHeli S ESC, and this ships out with firmware 16.6

Weights:

No props, No battery strap

AUW minus battery

Measure:

Thick 4mm arms that are ultra stiff, this frame is very durable. Furibee's been using quality carbon in all of their recent miniquads, this one is no exception

2x2mm plates sandwich the arms together

Initial impressions:
Furibee packaged the Stormer in a nice looking box this time around which is a nice surprise. The drone itself looks very nice, just as the past few that I've reviewed. Also like the past few, the Stormer is a bit on the heavy side at 341g. The quality and feel of the drone is very good, I have no doubt that this is a very durable drone, and should be able to handle moderate speed crashes with no problem. The carbon fiber they have been using on their drones have been really good quality

Flight:
I was only able to get a few short flights in today, I forgot to charge my lipo packs. So far this is what I can tell: on 4S, it does feel a bit underpowered, my guess is due to the combo of low KV, heavy AUW, and use of 5042 props. 2 of these things can be changed easily: lipo, and props. It's not weak, it's just doesnt feel as powerful as the other Furibee drones that I've flown.

However, on a 5S there was more power than I would ever need. Which is making me think that this setup requires a higher voltage to reach its full potential.

-1/12/18
After a week of testing...

I still think out of all the Furibee mini's (5inchers), on a 4 cell pack, the Stormer is the weakest. It's not a weak drone, you can see in my video that there is plenty of power, just the weakest out of the lineup. During LOS flying, the Stormer flys great, very smooth and precise flight characteristics. The throttle response is very accurate, as soon as you hit the throttle, it instantly rockets away.

FPV Flying:
The Stormer is going to require tuning if youre looking for that locked in feel. I was disappointed the first few go arounds because the quad felt loose, and at times a bit uncontrollable. I was able to get it flying a bit better, but still not as controllable as I prefer. With most quads, all I need to do is bump up the rates and slight drop in PID's under pitch roll and yaw, and it flys perfect, but it looks like the Stormer will require some actual tuning.

-Durable
-thick 4mm arms, all other plates = 2mm
-Pretty
-Flys good (in LOS w/ horizon mode on)
-FPV clarity
-FRsky XM+ RX

Dislikes:
-Heavy
-Propellers
-No smart Audio or Tramp
-Need to remove top plate to access Camera OSD Toggle

Final Thoughts:
The Stormer 220 is the my favorite when it comes to the frame, arguably the best looking one yet. The frame is ultra rigid and ultra durable, the power is sufficient, FPV picture is clear and the reception is good. The components on the Stormer are all good parts, but a proper tune is required to get this thing locked in. Unlike other drones that will fly fine on a stock betaflight tune, this one requires a more in depth tuning.
Last edited by Danq0; Jan 13, 2018 at 01:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2018, 06:18 AM
reserved
Jan 12, 2018, 07:25 PM
added to writeup portion on post 1, video is uploading now

-Added parts list, you can build your own with all the spare parts
Last edited by Danq0; Jan 12, 2018 at 07:44 PM.
Jan 13, 2018, 02:33 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks nice so far. I do worry a bit about the cutouts on the arms, where the motors are sitting. If you can look right up into the motor, that also means dirt can rather easily work it's way in there, right?
Jan 13, 2018, 01:11 PM
I think no matter the design, if dirt wants to get somewhere it will find its way lol, but youre right the design doesnt help, and probably makes it a bit easier for it to get inside.
Added video to post 1
Jan 13, 2018, 02:40 PM
How it looks comparing to furibee darkmax which is 220 too?
Jan 13, 2018, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu70
How it looks comparing to furibee darkmax which is 220 too?
Id go with the darkmax, more power, easier to tune, flys better.
Jan 13, 2018, 03:18 PM
FWIW, in this price class I would suggest looking at the BF210. I have a Dark Max, and like many others, it’s defective. It’s limited to 3S . Try 4S and if falls from the sky.. Mine even had the camera connector ripped from the board . So no FPV. Anything Furibee is a huge crapshoot IMO.. ( I actually think it is worse than that, and that you are flat out likely to get something defective. )

I bought a bunch of 4S, and even a couple of 5S lipos for the dark Max, and now cannot use them. So I have considered getting a quad which actually works on 4S, and after looking around on the form it looks like the BF210 would be a much safer bet than anything from from Furibee.
Jan 13, 2018, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
FWIW, in this price class I would suggest looking at the BF210. I have a Dark Max, and like many others, itís defective. Itís limited to 3S . Try 4S and if falls from the sky.. Mine even had the camera connector ripped from the board . So no FPV. Anything Furibee is a huge crapshoot IMO.. ( I actually think it is worse than that, and that you are flat out likely to get something defective. )

I bought a bunch of 4S, and even a couple of 5S lipos for the dark Max, and now cannot use them. So I have considered getting a quad which actually works on 4S, and after looking around on the form it looks like the BF210 would be a much safer bet than anything from from Furibee.
I agree the Bfight 210 is a great quad, I personally haven't had any issues with my darkmax, but then again mine was one of the early releases with the round buzzer. I gotta admit, I haven't checked the darkmax thread in a while and thought they had fixed the issue, but skimming through the last few pages, it seems as if they are still weeding out the good from the bad, or trying to.
Jan 14, 2018, 02:51 PM
Furibee Stormer 220 Racedrone - Unbox - Measurements - Review - Flight tests (13 min 22 sec)

Quick Reply