Jan 04, 2018, 01:25 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Discussion

SVSS TD Contests 2018

Welcome to the SVSS TD Contests 2018 thread. Here you will find contest results, pictures, and/or sharing of comments from participants for all 2018 TD events.
Name: td-glider-logo-250px.png
Views: 23
Size: 12.4 KB
Description:
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2018, 12:03 PM
Skyking

thanks for 2108 Contest link and forum.

Good morning Chris,
Thanks for all the work you've done recently on the website and now the forums.
Much appreciated by everyone!
Ron
Jan 07, 2018, 09:08 PM
Team Hello Kitty

TD Lunch Volunteer Schedule

Lunches at 2018 TD contests will be handled by volunteers who sign up for one or more months. For those months where there are no volunteers we will do a Subway sandwich run. Please PM or email me if you want a slot. This post will be updated as slots are filled. Thanks in advance for your help! -- Chris

March 10 - Lou Fox (thanks Lou!)
April 14-
May 12-
June 16-
July 14 -
August 11 -
September 8 -
October 13 -
November 10 -
December 1 -
Last edited by SoaringDude; Mar 10, 2018 at 07:55 PM.
Jan 29, 2018, 12:13 PM
Team Hello Kitty

Newbies fly first time free!

Good news! If you have never flown in a TD contest come on out and give it a try. No charge the first time.
Feb 10, 2018, 09:04 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Feb TD contest blown out but for those who came to the field we got a few hours of flying until the winds came up--with a vengeance. When we left the field around noon the wind at ground level was 20-22. At launch height it was easily 2x that.
Mar 10, 2018, 08:35 PM
Team Hello Kitty

March TD contest results

Corrected scores posted. Thank you CD Bill Curry for a challenging season opener. March contest results posted in the PDF files below. It was tough conditions, 100% overcast with light cool breeze, very fleeting thermals. The top 3 pilots in each class:

MASTER:
Scott Meader - 5467.5
Chris Bajorek - 5460.7
Mehrdad Amir- 5441.6

EXPERT:
Ron Vlastelica - 5409.9
Lorenz Trockle - 5241.1
Randy Peeters - 5211.9

SPORTSMAN:
Ed Granger - 3669.4
John Eaton - 1159.7
Last edited by SoaringDude; Mar 11, 2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Corrected scores posted
Mar 11, 2018, 11:40 AM
Good for what ALES you
Yesterday's scores represented a fundamental change in how SVSS scores are calculated, creating as much as a 300% increase in the emphasis on landing points. Rather than flooding this thread with discussion on this topic, I have started a new thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...are-calculated
Mar 11, 2018, 07:47 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Thanks for the head's up and your analysis Aric. A setup error on my part caused GliderScore to add the landings before normalization. The setting is corrected which now adds landings to the normalized time score.

Now the ONLY deviation from our old scoring system is that the best TIME score in each round is normalized to 1000. This means that if even 1 pilot in a round gets their full time in a round then the score will be within a few points of our old system.

Apologies for the error.
Mar 11, 2018, 08:58 PM

March TD contest thanks

I would like to thank everyone who attended the first SVSS contest of the year and flew, as well as helping with the setup in the morning and staying after to help with the taking down of everything needed for the contest . A good time was had by all pursuing common interests , airplanes , and looking for that elusive thermal !!
With the contest being blown out in Feb. , this contest was the first test of the Glider Score system we will be using this year for TD . An error was found by a contestant and has been rectified . As usual the first run of new stuff will bring out the problems as it did here .
A special thanks to Chris for the time he spent setting up the equipment and helping all of us that didn't understand how Glider Score worked or how to use it . I'm sure we will all be experts by the next contest .
Another thanks to Lou Fox for seeing that we were fed if we wanted to be . I heard Lou's wife had something to do with that , Thank you !
I don't know who brought the mystery brownies . Very tasty , thanks .
Looking forward to next month's contest on April 14th which will be CD'ed by Scott Meader . Should be very challenging , as it is always with Scott's tasks . We need someone to create a menu and set it up for this contest . Contact me as soon as possible or the position might be filled before you get a chance at it !!

Thanks , see you all next month
BILL CURRY
Mar 13, 2018, 01:22 PM
Wow, very good consistent landing scores by Chris, Scott, and Jim. All the practice is paying off.
Mar 14, 2018, 01:33 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Hi Bob. We have had our Wednesday practice group going at the field for several years and all of us practice. It's a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing you and others from SBSS at the Spring Fling soon!

Chris
Apr 14, 2018, 09:36 PM
Team Hello Kitty

April TD contest results

Thank you CD Bill Curry and GliderScore master Sandy Smith for our Spring Fling warmup. 24 pilots and stunningly beautiful weather. Thanks to all our guests who joined us this month.

Results posted in the PDFs below (FYI I did a full scorecard check and found 3 entry errors: 2 minor and one major that did not change any of the top pilot's scores). A more detailed write-up is coming in our next newsletter soon. The top 3 pilots in each class:

MASTER:
Bob McGowan - 5482
Mehrdad Amir- 5477
Chris Bajorek - 5448

EXPERT:
Shawn Berkheimer - 5431
Tim Copp - 5430
Mike Clancy - 5379

SPORTSMAN:
Ed Granger - 4901
Bob Kuhlman - 2271
Apr 15, 2018, 12:03 AM
tpczx6
Great Day today, Air was a little light when we 1st Arrived but when The contest started it was building fast, A little wind but lift was there
I did good for myself considering my plane been in its bag since Visalia. 1st round I forgot to put my skig on and I nosed it right at the 100 mark but did not stick and slid out to a 75 landing, To date I think this was my beat overall contest as I made all my times (but total of 8 seconds over) one was 4 over and two 2 over, Landing of 75,89,95,99,93 for me that's a good day I will say the 89 and 4 over I should of called a relanding as we where asked to Move with with 45 seconds left so had to run to next tape.

NOW FOR A SOAPBOX

WHERE WAS THE CLUB MEMBERS 2 none club members went to help the one loan man to put away the3 Wenches before they even put away their planes while the MEMBERS went on about getting there stuff put away and leaving, It was gone over in the Pilot meeting to please help put away when done ( OH SORRY they had to call the meeting 4 to 5 times to get everyone there) Everyone wants to go home Early while so do the guys that are in-charge of getting scoring done and putting away EQ. A little help goes a long way

Ok Stepping off box now

Was a great Day to fly and if next weeks the same looks for close scores
Apr 22, 2018, 12:52 AM

SVSS 2018 Spring Fling Standings

What a day we had today...Some problems with equipment, etc but we "adjusted" to the situations encountered. All-in-all there was some really good flying today, in sometimes pretty challenging conditions, especially for Round 6! Attached are the results as of the completion of 6 Rounds.

Sandy-CD
Apr 23, 2018, 09:57 PM
Team Hello Kitty

Spring Fling final results

CD Sandy Smith asked me to post the final results below. Note that each class was independently scored (as usual). You can also check the public RC Groups thread for Spring Fling here for more pilot comments and pictures.

Congrats to the top pilots in each class:

OPEN CLASS

#1 - Bob McGowan - 10939
#2 - Scott Meader - 10835
#3 - Fred Weaver - 10714
#4 - Randy Everly - 10470
#5 - Ali Khani - 10433

ALES CLASS

#1 - Ali Khani - 10914
#2 - Justin Rizor - 9690
#3 - Frank Campbell - 9502
#4 - John Armstrong - 9360