Feb 12, 2018, 06:44 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdimand
Maiden done, great wing, very hard to see in air. Orange on top and black on bottom coming, superb wing, love it. My old 1800 4S Nanopuffs not up to task (same as above), had some Revolectrix 1550 5S 70 C, way better. Will download data logging shorty. All smiles!! Tough to hear much over the wind. Motor always came down cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uJYkgWtlw&t=133s
WOW it sounds very fast wish you could had gotten a long straighter pass at WOT. but i seen houses. i bet you would be over them in no time.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 06:54 PM
Yes it's very fast, and gets a very small quickly. Visibility a real issue. I'm hoping the neon orange really helps otherwise it'll have to be night flying to be able to see better
Feb 12, 2018, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdimand
Yes it's very fast, and gets a very small quickly. Visibility a real issue. I'm hoping the neon orange really helps otherwise it'll have to be night flying to be able to see better
i agree the colors stink they almost always do, After Friday i will have a Vinyl cutter so that won't be a issue for my planes anymore. got a couple i will be adding some trim to.. I normally just use the Trim sheet to make mine brighter.
Im trying so hard not to hit Add to cart for this plane.
Feb 12, 2018, 07:58 PM
*completely* off topic - what cutter did you get? I've been waffling back and forth..

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
i agree the colors stink they almost always do, After Friday i will have a Vinyl cutter so that won't be a issue for my planes anymore. got a couple i will be adding some trim to.. I normally just use the Trim sheet to make mine brighter.
Im trying so hard not to hit Add to cart for this plane.
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Feb 12, 2018, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
*completely* off topic - what cutter did you get? I've been waffling back and forth..
After looking, reading, watching youtube videos, joining a couple of Cutter Forums, talking to others. Changing my mind a few times. I finally picked the Uscutter 28 inch SC2.. Everyone says the Titan 2 is the best and I'm sure it is but i didn't have $1000 to spend on just a cutter. I just have quite a bit of signs, decals I want to make, few t shirts in mind and I hope to make a lil side money with it. some those guys making a killing selling t shirts and bigger logos. i live in a tiny town maybe can sell to some friends and family, already have couple people want stuff made, If you want to talk about it more feel free to PM me.
does anyone know anyone selling this plane Cheaper then the $149.99 for just the PNP? I don't think i want to mess with the AS3X stuff. got 6 channel rxs/. I never had issues launching my old F27 Q. I tried Amain hobby's with a code but it wouldn't let me use it.
Thanks
Feb 12, 2018, 09:48 PM
RC Addict
Had a weird battery issue while flying today. First I had several great flights on 3s then my older 4s 30c batteries. I'm really getting comfortable with the F-27. Then I stuck in a higher power Pulse 3s 75c 1550 mah just to see what it would do. Well, she did not like this one bit. Immediately the Evo started bobbing up and down, It was very odd. I could turn but really didn't have any elevator control. I got it down in one piece and I thought maybe I didn't give it enough time to initialize so I checked the battery, all cells were fine and re started. Same thing next flight. I got it down, stuck in a new Thrust 1800mah 4s and it was fine. Any idea what happened or what I may have done wrong?
Feb 12, 2018, 09:50 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt
Gents....who, if anybody, is flying with the stock AR636 (I got the pnp version)?

How you like it?
I am, it's great. I have this receiver in several planes, no issues at all. I'm finding the SAFE a nice backup as this thing gets small fast and I can switch into SAFE if she gets too far away and find my way back home.
Feb 12, 2018, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
Had a weird battery issue while flying today. First I had several great flights on 3s then my older 4s 30c batteries. I'm really getting comfortable with the F-27. Then I stuck in a higher power Pulse 3s 75c 1550 mah just to see what it would do. Well, she did not like this one bit. Immediately the Evo started bobbing up and down, It was very odd. I could turn but really didn't have any elevator control. I got it down in one piece and I thought maybe I didn't give it enough time to initialize so I checked the battery, all cells were fine and re started. Same thing next flight. I got it down, stuck in a new Thrust 1800mah 4s and it was fine. Any idea what happened or what I may have done wrong?
If the battery was much lighter, the cg may have changed enough to throw off the gyros (assuming BNF, not PNP). Check cg with pulse batteries, thereís really nothing else I can think of since thatís easily plenty of battery. It sounds like center of gravity is a little too far back and the gyro is overcompensating.
Feb 12, 2018, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Was the CG bad off?
Feb 12, 2018, 10:28 PM
Swapped on the EFLM1215 motor with 8x6 sport prop today. This will easily do 6s with the matching 70A eflite esc, and should get me close to 150mph, if not over. I’d like to figure out some airflow for the esc, since there’s not much right now.
Feb 12, 2018, 10:41 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork
If the battery was much lighter, the cg may have changed enough to throw off the gyros (assuming BNF, not PNP). Check cg with pulse batteries, thereís really nothing else I can think of since thatís easily plenty of battery. It sounds like center of gravity is a little too far back and the gyro is overcompensating.
I think you are right. That battery is very light and I didn't have it all the way forward. I'll move it up tomorrow and check the cg. I suppose I could add some weight if I had to but I have plenty of other batteries, I just wanted to see what this one would do in the Evo. Man, I knew cg was important and I usually keep an eye on it but I've never experienced anything like this.
Feb 12, 2018, 11:02 PM
Quote:
You did not forget to change LVC in your ESC when switching from 4S to 3S and back. Also CG could have been off as mentioned above...

Cheers.
Feb 12, 2018, 11:03 PM
SAFE is damned good about making something that would normally be completely unflyable flyable. I'm with the others, verify your CG and try again.

Quote:
I think you are right. That battery is very light and I didn't have it all the way forward. I'll move it up tomorrow and check the cg. I suppose I could add some weight if I had to but I have plenty of other batteries, I just wanted to see what this one would do in the Evo. Man, I knew cg was important and I usually keep an eye on it but I've never experienced anything like this.
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Feb 12, 2018, 11:13 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
SAFE is damned good about making something that would normally be completely unflyable flyable. I'm with the others, verify your CG and try again.
Will do and thanks for the assistance guys. I'll report back as soon as I get a chance.
Feb 12, 2018, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork
Swapped on the EFLM1215 motor with 8x6 sport prop today. This will easily do 6s with the matching 70A eflite esc, and should get me close to 150mph, if not over. Iíd like to figure out some airflow for the esc, since thereís not much right now.
What did that motor come off of? 6s... I'm guess you would use a small one? 1300 or something on 6s? I would think 6s be to heavy. you don't want a flying brick. do you have a way to get a speed reading

Quick Reply