Aug 24, 2019, 12:45 PM
How about we stop this pointless conversation and you promise to post pics if/when your prop teaches you a lesson?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 04:23 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I have about 25 wings, from Bonsai size to FX 79. Every one is launched overhand and I have done this for many years with no issues ever. Whatever is comfortable for you is the safest way for you. Try something different and you may very well have an issue.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:19 PM
I’ve never had a problem hand Launching any pusher prop wing. The f27 is probably the easiest to hand Launch.

I’ve been hand launching pusher prop wings for many many years. I hand launch a 4000 watt funjet and tortuga with out a problem and. Never worry about hitting my hand or cutting my fingers.

As said above you just have to be quick with your wrist and you will never have a problem.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:31 PM
Well I’m glad you all haven’t had any serious problems but the issue isn’t when you’re normally launching, it’s not like it’s guaranteed to happen, the issue is if you unintentionally do a weak throw, or the plane unintentionally pitches... I don’t think I’ll ever overhand launch a flying wing, it makes no sense to me when they launch so well with a wing toss. You can not wear your seatbelt for xx years as well, all it takes is one incident.

Like this one;
How not to launch a powered flying wing (0 min 46 sec)

That wasn’t me but I’ve had a similar prop cut on my hand, as I said before it sucks pretty bad, it’s a bruise and a cut that swells up turns purple then throbs for about a week... it’s not a fun injury, that’s why I am pretty adamant about not throwing in line with the prop.
Last edited by Siezed; Aug 24, 2019 at 10:32 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:51 PM
Also if you guys are saying you launch all your wings overhand I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing, there’s safe ways to overhand launch, like doing it sideways kind of over your head, that’s different than this plane which has an actual handle in the middle right in line with the prop. Or maybe you do some kind of balancing act with your fingers? I don’t get it, when you first started to fly flying wings wasn’t the first thing you looked up “how to launch a flying wing” and saw the millions of videos with about 15 different techniques all avoiding this exact issue were talking about? Or if you started before YouTube then a forum or if before forums I guess a stone tablet or whatever you guys used to use
Last edited by Siezed; Aug 24, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:08 AM
I used the grips designed for the purpose and normal caution and common sense. On 4-5 wings..
Aug 25, 2019, 09:07 AM
Oh normal purpose like throwing unpowered like it says in the manual with giant caution signs? Common sense says don’t throw a pusher in-line with your hand while powered, this is going in circles...
Sep 01, 2019, 04:41 AM
RC Addict
Has anyone set one of these up using the Spektrum receiver and a FrSky radio with Spektrum module?
Sep 01, 2019, 08:37 AM
Mine was just FrSky and Taranis. Just a plain receiver, no autoadjust.
Sep 01, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee
Has anyone set one of these up using the Spektrum receiver and a FrSky radio with Spektrum module?
Been ages since I did it, but I flew my Delta Ray way back with a Taranis and Orange module. With SAFE etc. So it's definitely doable...
Sep 01, 2019, 11:25 AM
Yea should be easy, all the mixing is done in the receiver, you just connect with a standard model as if it was a regular plane. Even safe is set up by flipping your desired switch a number of times to teach the receiver what you wanna use. I was a little weary it wouldn’t work with my modded devo 7e but it’s all pretty simple they did a good job with that.
Sep 01, 2019, 11:29 AM
Easily done, if it's your first time setting up the module make sure you map your channels correctly, and that you have your endpoints set down to specktrum levels - 87% as I recall last time I did one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Sep 01, 2019, 06:53 PM
RC Addict
I think I set the module up in a BNF quad once and I do think the endpoints had to be at -85% - 85% if I remember correctly. I also think the channel mapping for Spektrum is TAER, I guess I will find out soon enough.
Sep 02, 2019, 02:30 AM
TAER and %80 as I recall. It could be you have to up throttle to %90 for arming.
Sep 03, 2019, 01:44 PM
Do wings and fins stay securely locked after frequent assemblies/disassemblies?

Quick Reply