Aug 18, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
Isopropyl alcohol releases hot glue. On your other thread - I'd encourage you to go easy upping the AS3X settings on this airframe, and setup a mode with them left off or stock. Too high and it will oscillate apart almost instantly.
Ah I didnít know that about the alcohol, maybe Iíll try that if the time comes. As for the As3x how high is too high?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Isopropyl alcohol releases hot glue.
? can the lam be reapplied?? Is this better than using a low temp iron to release lam??
Aug 19, 2019, 09:03 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I find it makes it a messy jelly. Which can be easily scraped off. My normal technique for releasing servos.

To your question, if you were to allow it to dry out, would it then just be normal, reuseable hot glue? Dunno -- have to try. But I also don't know how well this will work to release a section of lam. The alcohol will only affect the glue it can reach and it takes a few seconds to work. Might not be an efficient way to remove a sheet of lam.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:11 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siezed
@hard line Well I just did the maiden, man this thing is fast on 3s, itís a rocket ship on 4s, itís really like flying a jet. Anyways I can see why people would want to adjust safe parameters now, safe was really nice to have on takeoffs, landings and most importantly when I lost orientation. It was so nice to be able to just flip safe on and watch it level out after an unintentional roll or dive, but it was a bit restrictive, Iíd like to have it allow straight up and 90 degree banking. For now though Iím pleasantly surprised at just how useful safe was, and honestly having safe kinda negates As3x anyways since if youíre in trouble or get a lot of wind you always have safe to flip on and itís better than As3x for those instances. Kinda curious what else safe can do with some programming.
SAFE is very nice. I was flying a non-AS3X TuffWing 32 at my in-law's rural home and letting it rip. I got a bit low near some trees across a road and lost orientation so I hit throttle cut and hiked out to retrieve it. Eventually found it (after 30 minutes of looking and NO damage) but obviously a situation where SAFE could have prevented me from ditching the aircraft.

My nephews/nieces were treated to a pretty impressive airshow. Ages 2-28. I let one niece (age 8) wiggle the sticks of my Parkzone 1.0m F4F Wildcat on SAFE. Next time I'll bring another TX so I can set up the trainer function. Probably also useful to bring a laptop with a simulator.

I do have an F-27 Evolution which I've flown once on 4S. Using the stock setup.
Aug 19, 2019, 03:41 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
The area SAFE most often saves my ass isn't avoiding crashes. My eyesight isn't what it used to be and I easily loose visual contact of approaching wings and sleek planes like the F27. Sometimes dangerously close to the ground and I can only hear it. With SAFE limits I can just slam the stick back and go into a steep climb. The plane instantly becomes visible and I don't have to worry that I've just initiated a loop back into the ground. 2nd place goes to having the plane accidentally fly through the sun without worrying about where it will be, and what it will be doing once it escapes the glare.
Aug 20, 2019, 10:10 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Hey does anyone wing launch their f27? I just got mine in the mail and they want you to launch with the little grip and no throttle then throttle up after you throw? Thatís asking for a crash, Iíve always launched my flying wings with about half throttle and a gentle toss with the wing, the wings seem locked in fairly well I donít think itís gonna pull em out is it?
That is how i launch mine all the time. just as any pusher plane. works great,.
Aug 21, 2019, 12:27 AM
I throw it overhand javelin style, holding onto the grips which are designed in to the plane for precisely that purpose. The prop is not an issue.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I throw it overhand javelin style, holding onto the grips which are designed in to the plane for precisely that purpose. The prop is not an issue.
Are you saying you throttle up then throw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
That is how i launch mine all the time. just as any pusher plane. works great,.
Yea that’s how I’ve been doing mine as well now that I have it. I haven’t even tried the way they say in the manual but next time I might. The only issue I notice is I’m so conscious of pulling the wing off sometimes I give it an unnecessary twist, but as long as I compensate and remember not to do that I’m fine.
Last edited by Siezed; Aug 21, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
Aug 21, 2019, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
SAFE is very nice. I was flying a non-AS3X TuffWing 32 at my in-law's rural home and letting it rip. I got a bit low near some trees across a road and lost orientation so I hit throttle cut and hiked out to retrieve it. Eventually found it (after 30 minutes of looking and NO damage) but obviously a situation where SAFE could have prevented me from ditching the aircraft.

My nephews/nieces were treated to a pretty impressive airshow. Ages 2-28. I let one niece (age 8) wiggle the sticks of my Parkzone 1.0m F4F Wildcat on SAFE. Next time I'll bring another TX so I can set up the trainer function. Probably also useful to bring a laptop with a simulator.

I do have an F-27 Evolution which I've flown once on 4S. Using the stock setup.
Ya this thing is fast so a little mistake can send it quite far. This reminds me I should dig out a little anti lost buzzer, I know I have one I think it just connects to a servo and starts beeping when thereís no servo inputs for a certain amount of time, pretty simple and effective if I actually remember to use them =)
Aug 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
Quote:

Yes.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:48 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Hi...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=377
Aug 21, 2019, 01:31 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:

Yea that’s how I’ve been doing mine as well now that I have it. I haven’t even tried the way they say in the manual but next time I might. The only issue I notice is I’m so conscious of pulling the wing off sometimes I give it an unnecessary twist, but as long as I compensate and remember not to do that I’m fine.
I really don't throw mine as its kinda just a gentle toss. it will fly on its own fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
That is why I never like the idea of my hands near the prop at all.

Years ago folks didn't know how to launch the F27Q it was heavier and harder to get flying i made a video back then and as i said launch all my wings this way. Works great
Stryker Launch November.MP4 (0 min 18 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 01:51 PM
Quote:
You’d have to really screw up to make that happen launching an F-27.

Like have glue on your hands or something, and launch it by gripping the motor...

F-27, Z-84, Eachine Fury, Sonic 1212mm HD wing etc. All the same - throttle up and chuck’em... By the grips most of them have for doing just that.
Aug 21, 2019, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Couldnít have said it better myself, exactly what I was thinking.
Aug 21, 2019, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Youíd have to really screw up to make that happen launching an F-27.

Like have glue on your hands or something, and launch it by gripping the motor...

F-27, Z-84, Eachine Fury, Sonic 1212mm HD wing etc. All the same - throttle up and chuckíem... By the grips most of them have for doing just that.
You wouldnít have to screw up that bad, all youíd need to do is just not move your hand quite quick enough, or more likely the model pitches up cause of wind or safe or As3x, or perhaps you slip and don't actually throw the thing causing it to just fall on your hand.

The grips arenít for doing just that, the grips are for throwing unpowered then throttling up, thatís what it says in the manual and how the grips were designed to be used. Itís not a huge deal if you wanna keep doing it that way itís not like itís a life threatening injury but I would rather avoid turning my hands into burger meat if all it means is throwing it a different way.

Edit: Just thought it would be a good idea to show where it says in the manual to not power up till after you throw, they also have a good point with a weak throw causing a blade strike, thatís probably even more likely than my examples.
Last edited by Siezed; Aug 21, 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply