Esprit Tech - Estar Fokker Eindecker - RC Groups

Esprit Tech - Estar Fokker Eindecker

Finally true to scale, faithfully structurally reproduced model. Flies exactly like a real airplane. Selected premium quality balsa and plywood. All the parts interlocked together for easy and fast building. Just assemble and then glue parts together.

Splash

The Fokker Eindecker

From Esprit

The Fokker Eindecker fighters were a series of German World War I monoplane single-seat fighter aircraft designed by Dutch engineer Anthony Fokker. Developed in April 1915, the first Eindecker ("Monoplane") was the first purpose-built German fighter aircraft and the first aircraft to be fitted with a synchronization gear, enabling the pilot to fire a machine gun through the arc of the propeller without striking the blades. The Eindecker gave the German Air Service a degree of air superiority from July 1915 until early 1916. This highly prefabricated kit belongs in the "Super Scale Competition" models category. Once built, the airframe is extremely light and clean but still able to withstand the high loads and stresses associated with aerobatic flight. The manufacturer uses the latest construction techniques including Laser CNC cutting to achieve high strength and low weight. Each part and every detail are meticulously made.

eindecker (1 min 19 sec)

Special Features

• Control surfaces: Ailerons, Elevator and Rudder
  • All balsa/ply built-up construction
  • Fully illustrated instruction manual
  • Laser cut interlocking structure
  • Scale wire landing gear
  • Interlocking parts for easy and fast building
  • Just assemble and then glue it

Photos

More Information:

http://www.espritmodel.com/estar-fok...ecker-kit.aspx

Jan 03, 2018, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Finally true to scale, faithfully structurally reproduced model
Quote:
This highly prefabricated kit belongs in the "Super Scale Competition" models category
Apart from the fact that it has ailerons, which the full-size didn't!
Jan 03, 2018, 11:55 PM
DFS#000178
Almost $200 for a box of wood is kind of expensive.

You can get the BUSA 90-size 80" Eindecker for just a little bit more money. And the 40-size 60" Eindecker is $110..
Jan 04, 2018, 08:38 AM
Morning Light Mountain
Never mind wrong thread!!
Last edited by badbill; Jan 04, 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Jan 04, 2018, 10:07 AM
Admin Deluxe
No comments have been removed.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:55 PM
Living in the south of France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Almost $200 for a box of wood is kind of expensive.

You can get the BUSA 90-size 80" Eindecker for just a little bit more money. And the 40-size 60" Eindecker is $110..
I have built them both, Fantastic quality, My 80" one has a twin Saito in it and it is the 'bees knees'.
Jan 08, 2018, 03:04 PM
I have all of the BUSA 1/6 fighters, very cool. I wish BUSA would "update" the Eindecker! The 80 inch is woefully out of scale, the .40 a little better. I think there is room for this one, though, I agree, a little on the expensive side. I will probably buy one.
Jan 08, 2018, 06:47 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Tough crowd...
Jan 08, 2018, 06:49 PM

proctor museum scale

http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/p.../eindecker.htm
Jan 09, 2018, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder
Wow, amazing that Proctor are still around. I remember when the Antic first came out.

And their Eindecker looks beautiful (with wing warping rather than ailerons ).
Jan 11, 2018, 08:42 PM
Computer says No .....
Beautiful flying with such an antique design.

I may convert my horrible HK Tuff Trainer 2 to an Eindecker but most likely to a Beliot. Wish me luck, will be a fun project.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:16 AM
Living in the south of France
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewjay
Beautiful flying with such an antique design.

I may convert my horrible HK Tuff Trainer 2 to an Eindecker but most likely to a Beliot. Wish me luck, will be a fun project.

Maybe a Bleriot
Jan 12, 2018, 03:23 AM
I don't understand the need to chastise a product so quickly. If you don't like it, just move on. If you can get another model from someone else that's also great but don't dump in a review thread. Its just poor form.
Jan 12, 2018, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneAlpha1
I don't understand the need to chastise a product so quickly. If you don't like it, just move on. If you can get another model from someone else that's also great but don't dump in a review thread. Its just poor form.
First of all this is a discussion forum ("Electric Plane Talk"), and this is a news item not a review.

If a model is promoted here as being "Finally true to scale", "faithfully structurally reproduced" and a "Super Scale Competition model" then IMHO it's quite valid to point out that actually there's a major problem in that it has ailerons, which are totally non-scale.

It's very likely some people are unaware that the full-size didn't have ailerons, so depending on what they might be considering this model for it could be important for them to know that it's not quite as accurate as stated.

Quick Reply