Foxtech HUNTER-280 VTOL Aircraft - WOW - RC Groups

Foxtech HUNTER-280 VTOL Aircraft - WOW

I love an RC craft that is out of the norm and this VTOL from Foxtech is exactly that...

Splash

A BIG VTOL

I want you to suspend your normal RC mindset. Don't think about the cost...just think about how big and cool this thing is. This is the sort of RC craft you might create if you were locked in your shop for six months. I love innovation and I love it, even more, when a company has it for sale. I'm still on the hunt for a video. Please post it up if you know of one. So with that said let's check this big bird out!!

From Foxtech

The Foxtech HUNTER-280 is a newly released FPV plane with great performance. Foxtech HUNTER-280 is a VTOL aircraft that can hover, take off and land vertically. The HUNTER-280 is capable of carrying a large payload and offers a long flight time. The HUNTER-280 is an exceptionally large aircraft designed for professional use. This aircraft can be equipped with advanced control system and could run with the most advanced ground stations. This plane can perform most related tasks that you required.

Note: The HUNTER-280 will be shipped 7-10 days later after the order is placed. The appointed delivery method of HUNTER-280 Frame is EMS. ARF Combo can be shipped only by Fedex.

Features

• Wingspan: 2800mm
  • Length: 1900mm
  • Fuselage: Carbon Fiber
  • Wing Area: 90.8dmē
  • Frame Weight: 6.2 kg
  • Take off weight: 10.5kg(without battery)
  • Max Take-off Weight: 18 kg
  • Payload: 2-5 kg
  • Flight time: 1-2 hours

Purchase Includes

• Frame: 1x Foxtech HUNTER-280 VTOL Aircraft Frame
  • ARF Combo:
  • 1x Foxtech HUNTER-280 VTOL Aircraft Frame
  • 1x GA3000 270KV Thrust Motor
  • 1x 130A HV ESC
  • 1x Propeller with Spinner for Thrust Motor
  • 5x Servo
  • 4x 9010 Motor
  • 4x 100A HV ESC
  • 4x 24Inch Lift Propeller

Photos

Learn More

Head on over to Foxtech to learn more about this VTOL.

Jan 04, 2018, 01:47 AM
That's a nice bird! One hour flight time, sign me up. Would love to take that to the flying field and watch the look on peoples faces as I fly around while they have to land multiple times to fill their batteries up.
Jan 04, 2018, 11:21 AM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
I actually have a Mugin I have been working on converting to VTOL.
I highly suggest anyone getting into VTOL to start with something a lot smaller! This is no easy setup.
Jan 06, 2018, 09:56 AM
HOW MUCH?!
Jan 08, 2018, 10:36 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Go big or go home.
Go for the hydrogen fuel cell rather than battery power...

http://www.f-hobby.com/eagle-plusvto...rchc3lk0hvcu73

More models here:
http://www.f-hobby.com/uav-and-honey...ko1bas2bch0qr1
Jan 08, 2018, 01:56 PM

Video

" I'm still on the hunt for a video. Please post it up if you know of one. So with that said let's check this big bird out!!"

Here it is:
Foxtech VTOL Flight Test (2 min 37 sec)
Jan 09, 2018, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
I actually have a Mugin I have been working on converting to VTOL.
I highly suggest anyone getting into VTOL to start with something a lot smaller! This is no easy setup.
You are CRAZY!
Jan 09, 2018, 10:52 AM
I am just curios what the appeal is. This is a big aircraft that is obviously intended for commercial applications like mapping, etc, and it comes at a corresponding price. People get to have fun any way they want, but why is this fun? Is it just the appeal of having a big unusual aircraft, with no intent to use it for commercial purposes? Is it a platform for long range autonomous missions, just because taking pictures of something 20 miles away is a hobby of a sort? For those who enjoy developing the technology, it would seem unnecessary to buy it, though I suppose you might enjoy developing some limited aspect of it such as the flight control software, and not want to build the physical aircraft.

Just curious.
Jan 09, 2018, 12:02 PM
Design configuration is certainly nothing new.
Jan 09, 2018, 12:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Personally, I thought the transition from climb-out to hover to forward flight was rather unstable as was going from forward flight to hover to descent. I could understand this if it was being flown manually, but not when being flown in autonomous mode.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...

Quick Reply