Jan 03, 2018, 11:45 AM
They call me Crash!
Discussion

US employers desperately need workers

OPINION: "With unemployment below 10 percent and 6 million jobs open across the nation, there is no reason that waivers to the work requirement should continue to be granted."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...into-jobs.html

Lets do this thing Trumpster!!
Jan 03, 2018, 11:52 AM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
There must be some mistake. One of our regular posters here constantly decries the lack of jobs. And he has been doing so for years.
Jan 03, 2018, 11:53 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
as real unemployment drops and the employment participation increases, wage rates will also increase as employers find it harder to find quality employees .... the key is "real unemployment" .... not this fake employment number that the government manipulates to sway public opinion.
Jan 03, 2018, 12:06 PM
They call me Crash!
Judging from the amount of jobs in this area, I would say the OP is correct.
Jan 03, 2018, 01:13 PM
I'll believe it when the real wages start to increase
Jan 03, 2018, 01:49 PM
I really don't see the problem. With the amount of taxes most people have paid in their lifetime, it should not be difficult to get a few hundred bucks to help them eat while between jobs.
Jan 03, 2018, 02:15 PM
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
OPINION: "With unemployment below 10 percent and 6 million jobs open across the nation, there is no reason that waivers to the work requirement should continue to be granted."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...into-jobs.html

Lets do this thing Trumpster!!
Doesn't say what jobs are lacking workers or how to connect the two. Employers list rediculous quals for jobs that don't need them and many don't want to pay much. And if a job pays less than the dole AND you have to provide child care and transpo, it's losing proposition.
Jan 03, 2018, 02:38 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
Doesn't say what jobs are lacking workers or how to connect the two. Employers list rediculous quals for jobs that don't need them and many don't want to pay much. And if a job pays less than the dole AND you have to provide child care and transpo, it's losing proposition.
because when you're unemployed and living off of tax payer benefits .... you still get to be picky about what jobs you want to take?
Jan 03, 2018, 02:42 PM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
Welcome to the thread, dll. I knew you'd pop in sooner or later!
Jan 03, 2018, 02:53 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring
Welcome to the thread, dll. I knew you'd pop in sooner or later!
someone's got to jump in and make excuses for others ....
Jan 03, 2018, 03:06 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
There are many great jobs available. Sometimes companies list qualifications yet they don't actually enforce them. I have not met the qualifications for almost every job I have gotten yet I still got the job.

There are training and internship programs to get people the skills they need. Sadly, our country has made blue collar jobs a bad thing. A buddy of mine works for a utility doing maintenance work on power lines. This year he finished at just over $250k for the year and that's in Ohio. Most of our friends with degrees will never see that income level.
Jan 03, 2018, 03:07 PM
They call me Crash!
Quote:
There should be no options...if you are on welfare and can work you must work and take less in welfare, saving tax payers big money.

I have been seeing signs painted on the sides of plumbing and electrician trucks for help wanted. A guy can make a lick doing that type of work.
Jan 03, 2018, 04:09 PM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
There are many great jobs available. Sometimes companies list qualifications yet they don't actually enforce them. I have not met the qualifications for almost every job I have gotten yet I still got the job.

There are training and internship programs to get people the skills they need. Sadly, our country has made blue collar jobs a bad thing. A buddy of mine works for a utility doing maintenance work on power lines. This year he finished at just over $250k for the year and that's in Ohio. Most of our friends with degrees will never see that income level.
Whoa Nelly! Power line maintenance work? In Ohio? That sounds an awful lot like work to some people. Easier to just wait till the first of the month for the SNAP card to be reloaded.
Jan 03, 2018, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
There should be no options...if you are on welfare and can work you must work and take less in welfare, saving tax payers big money.

I have been seeing signs painted on the sides of plumbing and electrician trucks for help wanted. A guy can make a lick doing that type of work.
The Trades are screaming for good workers & there is some great money to be made. The problems are the lazy useless millenials who learned nothing in college, can't read a simple tape measure, don't want to get their lily-white fingers dirty or a bit calloused, still live at home on mom & pap's dole, & cry like the snowflakes they are that there is no work out there. Tough shoot.....bathe in it.
Jan 03, 2018, 06:58 PM
I smell lithium now
We should start up an exchange program, and trade some of our spare useless entitled types to other countries in exchange for people who want an opportunity to make something of themselves.

Quick Reply