Jun 20, 2019, 05:08 AM
@fairplane thank you for your return.

I decided and we bought several cap 232 in Europe so with the old version with DS33HV.
I solicited in ground test the servo and we have problems on servo DS33HV.

- 2 or 3 times a servo did not respond, the connector was well plugged in but I still have a doubt about the reliability of the connector.

- Also another servo is moving it gently by hand is mechanically as with sand in it but it seems to respond even if it is very noisy.

=> Half of the servos are pretty quiet and work well and the other half are very noisy .... did you observe this problem or not ????

Do I have to dismount the servos to grease?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2019, 09:19 PM
When I did the aura control test I had 2 servos that were jittery around center and would cause the control surfaces to shudder. I contacted Flexinnovations and they said to remove the servos and send them to them and they would send me the DS34HV . They just shipped today. Great service from Flexinnovations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter
@fairplane thank you for your return.

I decided and we bought several cap 232 in Europe so with the old version with DS33HV.
I solicited in ground test the servo and we have problems on servo DS33HV.

- 2 or 3 times a servo did not respond, the connector was well plugged in but I still have a doubt about the reliability of the connector.

- Also another servo is moving it gently by hand is mechanically as with sand in it but it seems to respond even if it is very noisy.

=> Half of the servos are pretty quiet and work well and the other half are very noisy .... did you observe this problem or not ????

Do I have to dismount the servos to grease?
Jun 21, 2019, 05:09 PM
Ready to maiden! Plane will fly with FrSky x10. Several of my friends are flying the Cap and after seeing the plane fly in person and with a dealer
nearby in Rogers, AR, I had to have one. The factory pilot had to go. Replaced with this young lady.
Jun 21, 2019, 11:01 PM
Looks much better with your new pilot! What scale is she? And I like your “toy” behind the Cap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISAVOY
Ready to maiden! Plane will fly with FrSky x10. Several of my friends are flying the Cap and after seeing the plane fly in person and with a dealer
nearby in Rogers, AR, I had to have one. The factory pilot had to go. Replaced with this young lady.
Jun 22, 2019, 11:10 AM
@fairplane I could not buy at Flexinnovation.
Flexinnovation did not want to sell me in France and told me to order from a local dealer.
Will he take care of the problems on my servos I do not know.
I am trying to contact my reseller but he is on leave at the moment.

Question, by hand moving (or with the remote control) the noise is not at all the same.
Some make a very loud noise and others are very quiet, and I have even noticed that some are a bit harder.
(I also have a servo it looks like it has sand in it but it works).

I have never observed this in 20 years of modelisme.
=> Someone might have tried to tell me if I should worry about this noise that is not the same on every servo before flying with it?
Jun 22, 2019, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane
Looks much better with your new pilot! What scale is she? And I like your “toy” behind the Cap!
She is 1/4 scale and available here. https://www.gravesrc.com/airborne-mo...lot-white.html

And thank you for your like on the Savoy.
Jun 23, 2019, 09:26 PM
Hello, just got my replacement DS34HV servos kindly provided for free by FlexInnovations.

Anything I need to know on the replacement process or just direct swap?

Other than making sure the directions are good and setting the subtrim on the Aura...

Thank you.
Jun 23, 2019, 10:52 PM
Flying every chance I get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli
Hello, just got my replacement DS34HV servos kindly provided for free by FlexInnovations.

Anything I need to know on the replacement process or just direct swap?

Other than making sure the directions are good and setting the subtrim on the Aura...

Thank you.
From FI:

You need to connect the Aura to a computer. Once that is done click on the Aura Tools tab. The fourth choice down is Update Cap232ex servos . Click on that then a new page will pop up. Once at the next page just choose what surfaces you are changing and the tool will do the update for you .
Jun 24, 2019, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano
From FI:

You need to connect the Aura to a computer. Once that is done click on the Aura Tools tab. The fourth choice down is Update Cap232ex servos . Click on that then a new page will pop up. Once at the next page just choose what surfaces you are changing and the tool will do the update for you .
Thank you. Didn't know that.

What exactly does the tool do to configure the new servos? Just curious since I have the Aura on other birds and the servos never really needed that level of configuration.

Thx again
Jun 24, 2019, 09:21 AM
Flying every chance I get!
Quote:

What exactly does the tool do to configure the new servos? Just curious since I have the Aura on other birds and the servos never really needed that level of configuration.

Thx again
Sorry, no idea. I knew something needed to be done according to their site but there were no directions anywhere, so I emailed them. That is where I got the directions on where to do the update in the config tool.
Jun 24, 2019, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Sorry, no idea. I knew something needed to be done according to their site but there were no directions anywhere, so I emailed them. That is where I got the directions on where to do the update in the config tool.
Thank you.
Jun 24, 2019, 10:27 PM
Quote:

Thx again
Went through the update process selecting the servos I replaced, and I wrote everything to the Aura. Reconfigured the subtrims which were way off.

Is that it?

Ready to fly?
Jun 25, 2019, 06:16 AM
On 12 servo DS33HV I have half that are noisy (even moving by hand).
I still do not know if I am an isolated case for the DS33 and so if it is normal because I have not had a return.
Maybe those who have DS34 will tell me?

I prefer to abstain from flying while waiting for an answer.
Jun 25, 2019, 03:03 PM
Amsoil Dealer
Quote:

Thx again
Quote:
Speed and torque and such of the servos are different than the previous servos, which ultimately affects the way the Aura gain and such works - similarly to how a longer or shorter servo arm would affect it. New Aura profile is updated for similar performance with the updated servos.

Seth
Last edited by 3D-Seth; Jun 25, 2019 at 03:10 PM.
Jun 27, 2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
Speed and torque and such of the servos are different than the previous servos, which ultimately affects the way the Aura gain and such works - similarly to how a longer or shorter servo arm would affect it. New Aura profile is updated for similar performance with the updated servos.

Seth
Hi Seth,

When I open the Aura application I can't see where you would configure servo characteristics(speed, torque, etc.). Where exactly are they?

I ask since I am about to start the setup of a plane with Aura from scratch and I didn't think inputting servo data was required.

Thank you.

Quick Reply