Scorpion - RC Groups
Jan 03, 2018, 12:07 AM
Discussion

Scorpion

I have an older Scorpion commander esc (programming card uses dips) and the 3008-32 brushless. I've installed the combo into a new fixed wing airframe. On several occasions at power up it has continued beeping a single tone alarm after what I'd assumed was an arming chime. On a couple of occasions I observed a two tone alarm.
First things first.
1. I checked adjusted and rechecked my throttle trim.
2. I used freshly charged "nown good" lipo''s
3. After all 4 attempts at custom and factory default programming, I calibrated throttle after fist power up (on fresh binds)
4. The only luck I had getting it to proper function (sans-alarm) was after reversing the throttle channel, then resetting it to normal. The issue with this was it wouldn't stay locked in for subsequent power ups.

What am I missing ? I know this is supposed to be a quality product, and I'm looking forward to flying, but it's just irritating the he'll out of me. I'm hoping it's something simple, even if that means I look like an idiot on RC groups.

Regards,
Guy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 06:47 AM
Is the throttle trim all the way down?
Jan 03, 2018, 08:16 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Try a google or whatever you use search on -- Scorpion commander esc problems ---

Their are a few threads in various forums.

Jan 03, 2018, 08:36 AM
Trim was set to three positions including all the way down. I've searched rc groups as well as a Google search. I haven't found this specific issue on those threads. The issues I've found on line generally center around the ir programmer or are not the same issue I'm running into. As far as the manuals troubleshooting instruction are concerned, well I'll just say the trouble shooting tree is weak on limbs and branches not to mention leaves.
Jan 03, 2018, 10:36 PM
Messed around some more tonight, went through the reverse throttle servo scenario a couple more times and for some reason it stuck, through a few power up cycles.

Quick Reply