This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 03, 2018, 12:37 AM
Mini-Review

JJRC H28 Quad copter

Just before Christmas I came across some Ebay deals I could not pass bye ...
One of those deals was the JJRC H28 camera Drone ( or quad )

Two stand out features would be :
1) This quad is 2s rather than the usual 1s , it's also some what larger .
2) It has removable arms .. ( See pictures )

1) Battery :
That's right , 2s . I can't say the 2s give more power as it seems offset some by the larger size of the H28 and it's greater weight . The battery does seem to be a quality item , as I have not detected any variance worth mentioning ( seems well balanced / matched )

2) H28 :
The removable arms dont seem to affect performance . For now they remain tight and slop free .
The H28 certainly handles in a predictable and easy manner and should be noob friendly .

My only gripe here is as usual with the remote , it's a toy . The H28 quad itself could be considered hobby grade but just had to be bundled with a lower end toy controller . The remote is at best dead in the middle and vague when it begins to work . In nice open spaces it probably makes little difference but try being precise in a confined space and you will notice right away just how nasty the remote can be .

Binding the JJRC H28 to the iRangeX IRX4 multi protocol module .

As always , these toy grade quads perform so much better when bound to a real RC transmitter ..
I bound the H28 to my Taranis Q x7 with IRX4+ module .

I found the bind process a little tricky as the usual method does not seem to work : ( Let me describe it in detail )
What worked for me !

The protocol is advertised as being V2x2 / JXD506 ...
I got a bind with V2x2 / V2x2

And the process :
I turned on my Tx , set Autobind , and set the protocol to V2x2 .
Then started the bind process in the transmitter ..
After having done that I turned on the H28 .. Took all of about 2 seconds to get a bind ...
Doing it the other way :
Turn on the H28 , then start the bind process in the Tx - I did not get a bind ...
I think the reason I did not get a bind is that the H28 goes through a quick bind process on start up ( lights blink quickly )
Once the lights change to blinking slowly , the H28 will no longer bind - It is simply waiting for the Tx that it is bound to to be turned on ..

A lot of these toy Quads want the quad turned on first then the Tx ...
With the H28 bound to the Taranis , I can now start the Taranis first and then the H28 and get a bind .. ( Or I can do it the other way )

After getting the H28 to bind with the IRX4 the wind has been up , it's kind off howling out there so I wait to see how it handles ..
Also I removed the fact supplied camera and fitted a action cam mount .. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...F60-Action-Cam

Looks like it will work ..
I will updated this with some video from the factory cam :
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 06:01 AM
H28 (1 min 16 sec)

I had a little bit of video I put together :
Hopefully get some decent weather for some real action cam footage .
+ Some time with the Taranis
Jan 04, 2018, 08:15 PM
This morning I took the H28 in the back yard and flew it VIA the Taranis Q x7 ( IRX4+ ) and it was smooooooooth .. Responded to the slightest control inputs ..

Honestly , the H28 is a very stable platform ..
Next time I hope to do some park flying and get some nice video ..
But color me impressed ...

Quick Reply