May 12, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidRoberts
John,

I’m repeating myself but you’ve done a great thing with F3RES here in RMSA. I was impressed with how you adapted the scoring to best fit a club contest.

Simply put, I remember the first time I successfully launched a polyhedral sailplane up a high start and caught a thermal. I loved it. I was hooked and now you’ve helped us all capture that feeling again.

So great to see everyone doing well and having fun in a low key, collegial setting.

Well done and let’s do it again!

BTW, what were the prizes?
Thanks Reid,

I’m glad that this class is bringing folks to the field. But I can’t take the credit, without you pilots it would just be me out there. It’s everyone participating that makes it work. This has been a very enjoyable class to fly. I hope we continue to see a resurgence in participation and maybe even add new members due to the low cost low key experience in this class.

I also remember my first bungee launch and how exciting it was to actually stay in the air without a motor.

The award was an insulated Yeti like cup with AMA District 9 engraved on it. I’ll bring it to work for you....

Until next time!

John
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2019, 06:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by espe
Only two pictures I took yesterday.
Thanks for sharing Sam. It was an amazing day, finally some good weather!

Until next time!
May 12, 2019, 06:19 PM
Thread OP
Hi everyone,

Looks like there is an open Saturday in June, June 29. I was thinking we had so much fun this past Saturday maybe we should do it again on the 29th.

Anyone interested?

Let me know....
May 12, 2019, 07:57 PM
I’ll put it on the calendar!
May 12, 2019, 10:39 PM
I sink, therefore I am...
Interested? Yes.

Added to the (my) calendar. Will commit when we get closer.
May 12, 2019, 11:31 PM
Thread OP
Great, only thing that will stop it will be weather....Iím thinking we should be good in June....
May 21, 2019, 05:04 PM
At long last, I have arisen from my position of flat on my butt, and gotten to the scores for the postal contest.

Summary: Contestants included the Pike's Peak club, the RMSA and the "Arizona Bunch" (whom I know well, and haven't bothered forming a club). The ASA here in Albuquerque got rained out one week, and blown out the next, no help for it. I am still waiting complete times and landing points from the Pikes Peak club, and when I get those from Randy, I will add them in and that will alter the standings.

Both the RMSA and the Arizona Bunch flew four rounds. I combined times and landing points to get the final scores, so if you did not wind up where you remembered from the actual flying day, that is probably why.

There were three flyers in Arizona, ten in Denver from the RMSA, and XXX from Pike's Peak.

I am sending my spread sheet to John Hsu - it is an Excel spreadsheet, and RCGroups does not allow Excell files to be attached. He can distribute the spreadsheet, and you guys can pick it over and see what fundamental errors were made. I am sure there were some. Also, I got some different scores from what I was given, once I input times and landing points. I can't find my mistakes - I am sure smarter guys than me (like YOU!!!) can sort them out.

Here is how I read the standings:

Overall hi-point man: John Armstrong, with 3996 points out of 4000.
Top Club: John Armstrong, Lee wolf and Corky Miller accumulated 11,146 points out of 16,000 possible.
RMSA: Reid Roberts, Bowdie Omsbee and John Hsu accumulated 9,986 points.

Randy sent me final scores from the Pikes Peak flying, but I need times and landing points to fold in with the rest of you guys. He is working on it, and I expect them soon.

Well done!

We here in Albuquerque (call sign: Taco!) think that a hiss-n-boink would be fun for June.
May 21, 2019, 06:11 PM
Sonoran Laser Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang
At long last, I have arisen from my position of flat on my butt, and gotten to the scores for the postal contest.

Summary: Contestants included the Pike's Peak club, the RMSA and the "Arizona Bunch" (whom I know well, and haven't bothered forming a club). The ASA here in Albuquerque got rained out one week, and blown out the next, no help for it. I am still waiting complete times and landing points from the Pikes Peak club, and when I get those from Randy, I will add them in and that will alter the standings.

Both the RMSA and the Arizona Bunch flew four rounds. I combined times and landing points to get the final scores, so if you did not wind up where you remembered from the actual flying day, that is probably why.

There were three flyers in Arizona, ten in Denver from the RMSA, and XXX from Pike's Peak.

I am sending my spread sheet to John Hsu - it is an Excel spreadsheet, and RCGroups does not allow Excell files to be attached. He can distribute the spreadsheet, and you guys can pick it over and see what fundamental errors were made. I am sure there were some. Also, I got some different scores from what I was given, once I input times and landing points. I can't find my mistakes - I am sure smarter guys than me (like YOU!!!) can sort them out.

Here is how I read the standings:

Overall hi-point man: John Armstrong, with 3996 points out of 4000.
Top Club: John Armstrong, Lee wolf and Corky Miller accumulated 11,146 points out of 16,000 possible.
RMSA: Reid Roberts, Bowdie Omsbee and John Hsu accumulated 9,986 points.

Randy sent me final scores from the Pikes Peak flying, but I need times and landing points to fold in with the rest of you guys. He is working on it, and I expect them soon.

Well done!

We here in Albuquerque (call sign: Taco!) think that a hiss-n-boink would be fun for June.
We actually do have a an official club:

https://evefphx.net/
May 28, 2019, 01:09 PM
Fly it like you Built It !
OK Sam, here is how our spars, leading edges look, now I just need to get yours over to you, and we can get building . I like them, and until my wing folds, I believe they will work !
take a look !
HB
May 28, 2019, 08:46 PM
I sink, therefore I am...
Looks great HB! You're a brave man putting carbon fiber on your wife's white table cloth
May 29, 2019, 02:21 PM
Fly it like you Built It !
I made sure I cleaned em up real good first !
HB
Jun 15, 2019, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Howdy Folks,

Due to several weekends of rain and other groups needing to reschedule I am going to cancel the F3RES contest on Saturday the 29th since it was an unscheduled anyway.

We will have our regularly scheduled F3RES contest on July 20th.

Thanks All,

John
Jun 22, 2019, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Glad I made the decision to cancel our contest next Saturday. The F3K guys got rained out this weekend.

To make it up to you all here are the awards for July contest....

Hope to see you all out there.....
Jul 08, 2019, 09:30 AM
Thread OP
Hello everyone,

There’s an official F3RES contest on Saturday July 20th. I’d like to have a pilots meeting at 8:30 and start flying by 9:00.

There will be awards through 3rd place!!!

Please let me know if you plan on attending so I can set up the matrix.

Looking forward to some good weather and F3RES flying. Bring plenty of sunscreen and water!

Cheers!

John

Pilot List

John Hsu
Reid Roberts
Jack Pitcher
Greg McGill
Bowdie Ormsbee
Peter Wickwire
Kirby House
Last edited by luv2flyez; Jul 10, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 03:02 PM
Sign me up. Looking forward to it, haven't flown in a while.
Jack

Quick Reply