Jan 02, 2018, 07:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Colorado RMSA F3RES

Hi everyone,

I would like to start this thread to keep the discussion separate from the Colorado DLG forum. Please post your ideas, build logs and anything F3RES here. Iíll start with pictures from yesterdays Fun Fly and my new RESi F3RES glider.

This was such a low cost/high fun value plane that I hope will encourage new pilots and young pilots to become more active in our club. It looks like there is a group purchase for the DJaerotech Chrylsales and I hope those building this plane will post their build log on this thread.

Let me know what you all think. Cheers, and happy new year everyone!

John
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 08:04 PM

I really love the photo's! So nice to see some thermaling going on some where.

I can only imagine what that feels like to core a thermal so early in the new year.
I am working on a F3 res. I would like to know if you were able to feel any bumps or was the thermal just mild and fairly easy to core?
I've never been to your part of the US.
Kyle
Jan 02, 2018, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the kind words. The thermals were light and there was a lot of boyant air, I think these new F3RES planes are built to fly in very light lift. I have flown 2M ships from the 70s and 80s but this RESi just flies so much more efficient that the slightest lift is indicated really well.

This will be a fun class of flying!

Cheers,

John
Jan 02, 2018, 08:27 PM
I sink, therefore I am...
John - Thanks for creating this thread!

I spent yesterday working on an F3RES fuse for my Allegro wing. Progress is coming right along.

Sam
Jan 02, 2018, 08:43 PM
Thread OP
Awesome Sam! Looks good! This is a fun class. I had so much fun yesterday!!!
Jan 02, 2018, 09:58 PM
Hi John,

PPSS members have about ten F3-RES projects going with four in the air so far. We are also building eight legal Hi Starts as well. Hopefully RMSA and PPSS can get together sometime this year. We also have our sod farm back.

Randy
Jan 02, 2018, 10:14 PM
Thread OP

F3RES in CO

Hi Randy,

Thatís awesome, I know there are guys here as well building! It would be great to have a year end inter-club contest!!

Cheers,

John
Jan 04, 2018, 02:24 PM

Great Thread

Hi John,
Just stumbled on this thread. Great idea. I'm just about to place the order for 5 Chrysalis Lite kits and 11 sets of high start rubber from DJ Aerotech. Just waiting on confirmation for a late addition to the group buy. I'm planning on building one of the kits and my wife has decided she would like to try and build one as well. Will need to start teaching her to fly while we build the kits. Should be interesting. I will post some picks when I get to that point.
Jim
Jan 04, 2018, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Thatís great Jim. Also awesome that your wife is interested, maybe we can get Erin and Barb interested as well. I think the F3RES class will help re-invigorate the club and flying as a whole. Like the good ol days but with higher performing 2M ships. Looking forward to seeing the build log.

Happy new year!!!
Jan 05, 2018, 11:11 AM
Afflicted with DDD
Subscribed!
Glad to see this local thread. I agree that the F3RES format will Make Colorado Soaring Great Again. MCSGA!
Bob
Jan 05, 2018, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Glad your on Bob, letís see some of your projects!!!
Jan 05, 2018, 06:50 PM
Afflicted with DDD
What, you mean all the kits that are still in boxes or waiting to be covered?
Jan 05, 2018, 07:26 PM
Hey, you Colorado guys!

Don't forget that there is a lot of F3RES action a day's easy travel South of you, in Albuquerque. You can check the Albuquerque Soaring Association's web site (www.soarabq.org) for dates of local contests.

Be aware also that we now have the 2018 F3RES International, scheduled for the weekend of 10-11-12 November. We actually did have several top-notch European flyers in 2017, and I'm pretty sure they will be back this year.

Yours, Greg
Jan 05, 2018, 08:37 PM
Thread OP
Thatís great Greg, thereís a group of CO guys in Colorado Springs too, it would be great if a bunch of CO pilots show up for the ABQ contest in Nov!!!
Jan 06, 2018, 12:09 PM
A few of us had a discussion about going down to Albuquerque last year but couldn't get things together. This year in PPSS we are going to run 3-4 practice events to gage the interest and also to try out a couple of modifications including not using the nine minute window but instead just doing the six minute task. For us that seems to simplify things a good deal Still doing the MOM though.

Also we're discussing a proposal to RMSA to convert the CCC to F3-RES. What about that?

Quick Reply