Is Heaven like the movie "Groundhog Day"? - RC Groups
Jan 02, 2018, 06:52 PM
Discussion

Is Heaven like the movie "Groundhog Day"?

While I'm waiting to see how long it takes to completely boil away a quarter-firkin of beer in my microwave, I was thinking...

If Heaven is for eternity, wouldn't there come a time when Heavenites would say to themselves.... "I had this exact same day no less than 500 quadrillion times already!"

I mean, considering that there are only so many different things that could happen in the space of say, an Earth day, and there are an infinite number of these Earth days in heaven, it stands to reason that one could say, "I had this exact same day 500 quadrillion times already!"

Even if a day in Heaven lasted a billion Earth days, wouldn't the same scenario develop?
Jan 02, 2018, 07:01 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Yes but without all the white people.

Smash White Democracy!
Jan 02, 2018, 07:05 PM
Considering the mentality of peoples supposedly destined to go there heaven will be an horribly boring place!
Jan 02, 2018, 07:55 PM
Hillary Lied, 4 Americans Died
Why would you waste beer?
Jan 02, 2018, 08:07 PM
christian theme park operator
Given the Righteous are going to spend asymptotically close to 100% of their existence in heaven, one would imagine the bible should be quite descriptive about what exactly goes on up there. Same goes for that other destination, where nonbelievers are going to be punished forever for favouring logic.

Instead, it's all about not coveting your neighbour's wife and not having relations with his livestock, and there's scant mention of what exactly happens during eternity.

BlackAdder 'Hell' (1 min 20 sec)
Jan 02, 2018, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barrow
Why would you waste beer?
I realized after sampling stuff from my parents' liquor cabinet that my science project was due tomorrow and I didn't have time to grow beans in a jar like I've done the last 3 years.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4
Given the Righteous are going to spend asymptotically close to 100% of their existence in heaven, one would imagine the bible should be quite descriptive about what exactly goes on up there. Same goes for that other destination, where nonbelievers are going to be punished forever for favouring logic.

Instead, it's all about not coveting your neighbour's wife and not having relations with his livestock, and there's scant mention of what exactly happens during eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d85DsKjvU8
Good points. And no one knows what age we will be when we get there. I mean if you die an old person, like 40 or something, you sure won't want to celebrate by riding your shiny new Scwhinn bicycle after the street lights come on.

And if God makes you 10 years old (a boon to Catholic priests), you'll be spending eternity running away from them (who will be eager to fulfill their own wishes).
Jan 02, 2018, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Considering the mentality of peoples supposedly destined to go there heaven will be an horribly boring place!
I'm sure God could arrange for you to go somewhere a bit more exciting. It might be a bit warmer.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip63
I'm sure God could arrange for you to go somewhere a bit more exciting. It might be a bit warmer.
What happens when masochists are sent to that place of fire and pain? Are they soon discovered and kicked out?
Jan 02, 2018, 08:43 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
What happens when masochists are sent to that place of fire and pain? Are they soon discovered and kicked out?
Yes. Very kindly.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:47 PM
christian theme park operator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Classic
Jan 02, 2018, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
Yes. Very kindly.
I think the best way to get to Heaven then is to be one. I mean, one can break all the commandments, enjoy a wildly amorous life, and be guaranteed a spot.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4
Classic
There's just too many loopholes in the requirements, it would appear.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip63
I share his opinion
Jan 02, 2018, 08:55 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Yeahbut, how frustrating would it be to labor in perpetuity at bringing pain and misery to people who no longer have the capacity to experience it? Sounds like pure hell!

Quick Reply