6 x 1S Lipo charging problem on B6AC+V2 - RC Groups
Jan 02, 2018, 06:36 PM
Discussion

6 x 1S Lipo charging problem on B6AC+V2

I have a SkyRC B6AC+V2 charger that I use to charge 6 (six) 205mAh Tinywhoop HV Lipos using a Crazepony 6 in 1 JST-PH 2.0 Lipo Charging Adapter Cable. I usually charge them at 0.2A, which I believe is 1C, sometimes at 0.4A (2C, right?).
This works just fine BUT...when I try to do the same thing with the 260mAh Lipos that come with the Boldclash B03 Bwhoop, it always times out and never finishes charging. I can charge these batteries one at a time on this charger, but not on the 6 in 1 adapter. I have even charged each of these batteries individually on this charger (the B6AC+V2) and then immediately after that, plugged them into the 6 in 1 adapter and tried to charge them (to see if it would say they were fully charged or not), and it still never completes.
Yes, I change the setting from LiHV to LiPo.
It can't be the cable, because I use it to charge the LiHVs six at a time.
Am I doing something wrong?

CORRECTION...I could've sworn I charged the LiHV batteries on the 6 in 1 before, but I don't seem to be able to do that now either.
I charged all of those individually as well, but they don't seem to completely charge even immediately afterwards on the 6 in 1.
I just noticed that one of the LiHV batteries is slightly puffed, but none of the others are.
could it be the power supply built into this doesn't have enough?

TIA,
bolts
Last edited by boltsinneck; Jan 02, 2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional info
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 09:44 PM
Here to just enjoy the hobby
The description says “Charge up to six Ultra Micro lipos 1S at one time”.
But then it implies it is balance charging by “Come with 6s JST-XH balance plug “ which means it is wired in series.
So you would have to connect six batteries to complete the series wiring.
The only way you can “Charge up to six Ultra Micro lipos 1S at one time” is if they are connected in parallel.

How have you been connecting it and what mode of charge are you using?
Latest blog entry: All things that fly.
Jan 02, 2018, 09:45 PM
Here to just enjoy the hobby
Double post
Last edited by Rhea; Jan 02, 2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: No need to repeat myself
Jan 02, 2018, 10:16 PM
My advice...

If you wish to obtain reliable and predictable results I'd recommend that you either reconfigure your charge cable into a parallel configuration or discard it and purchase one of these two options:

http://www.progressiverc.com/safe-pa...cp-x-pico.html

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...-2-charge.html
Jan 03, 2018, 12:44 PM
I personally use this to charge my 1S lipos: https://www.banggood.com/AOK-CX605-C..._warehouse=USA

I have a bigger charger for my bigger batteries. I'm not a fan of these parallel boards and stuff. That little charger can be powered by a DC power supply, by another lipo (it has a XT60 plug so just plug the big lipo and voila), and can even be plugged with a micro usb cable straight in a PC or a ac-dc usb adapter. It's very flexible, it's small, and not too expensive. Mke sure you select the proper version as there are 3 choices:
CX605(A): 0.1A~0.5A
CX610(B): 0.1A~1A <- this is the one I have
CX610 4.35V Upgrade Version can not charge 3.7V lipo battery.
Jan 03, 2018, 03:20 PM
boltsinneck, I have the same charger, and I use the Crazepony 1S Lipo Battery Charging Board I have been able to charge less than the full 6 batteries at the same time.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyAce
boltsinneck, I have the same charger, and I use the Crazepony 1S Lipo Battery Charging Board I have been able to charge less than the full 6 batteries at the same time.
From his description, he has this adapter, which connects all 6 cells in a series configuration and thus will not work with less than 6 cells. These series adapters can lead to unpredictable and even dangerous results, which is why I recommended that he either reconfigure to a parallel configuration or replace it with a parallel adapter (such as the one you linked).

Quick Reply