Jan 02, 2018, 04:03 PM
I like foam
Fly-In

March 17th, 2018. Lansdale, PA. Indoor Fun-Fly

We're pleased to announce that North Penn High School in Lansdale PA, 19446 is hosting another indoor fun-fly this March 17th, 2018. Our event will take place in two of the high school’s gyms, with the divider removed between them. It is a large flying space. The ceiling is approximately 30ft high. The gyms share the long edge of the basketball court. We're not sure, but we think it's our 10th event! Yay!

GYM DIMENSIONS (both opened): 175ft Wide x 105ft Deep

Google Map of School
Approximate time/distance from locations:
2.1 miles from the Lansdale exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia
30 minutes south of Quakertown
100 minutes east of Harrisburg

TIME: 9am until 4pm (pilot registration starts at 8:45am)
PILOT COST: a $10 cash only donation to the club lets you fly all day. Grade school pilots 18 and under fly for free.
SPECTATOR COST: Free
BRING: an extension cord, cash, and your aircraft. A/C power is limited but we will have power cords out.
EVENTS: TBA, We're planning on something... not sure what yet.
REQUIRED: 2.4GHz radios.

We have enough flight line for 10-12 active pilots.
15 minute rotations of: micro only, open (no 3D), 3D, micro helis & micro quads (these could change, but it's likely to happen as such).

ROOM: Approximately 30 tables with chairs will be set up in a “U” shape around the flying area. Table availability is first come first serve. Maximum of one table per person. However, we encourage sharing! Chairs will be provided. Electricity is limited, but there. Bring an extension cord. Pilots can inhabit the bleachers as well.

PILOT REGISTRATION: at the door.

VENDORS: Vendors are welcome for the event. Contact voichemg@npenn.org if you're interested. (We'd love donations to raffle instead of a vendor entrance fee).

SPONSORS: Sponsorships are categorized at three separate levels: Gold ($50 value and above), Silver ($25 and above), and ‘Bronze (below $25). The level of your donation will reflect the prominence at which your business or name appears on our website and sponsor list. We will have posters printed for the event. The cut-off date for names to appear on posters is 3/15/2018.

FOOD: We will be selling food that day to benefit our school's Educational Foundation. They've supported us in many ways over the past 15 years and we are giving back again!

We hope you can join us!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2018, 07:11 PM
Excited to go to this again! It was great last year and fills the empty week between the Lebanon and Hamburg swap meets!
Feb 07, 2018, 07:45 AM
I like foam

Hobby Hut Joins the Party

We are looking forward to our friends from Hobby Hut in Audubon, PA, joining our event on March 17th. Thank you for supporting us Hobby Hut! Their store is only a 15 minute drive from our event.
Last edited by mikeythev; Feb 09, 2018 at 10:00 PM.
Mar 02, 2018, 05:35 PM
I like foam

Castle Creations just joined our vendor list!

A special thank you goes out to Castle Creations for supporting us! Our friends at Castle are sending us some goodies! Whoo hoo!

Name: castle.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 54.8 KB
Description:
Mar 04, 2018, 09:38 AM
Is this an AMA members only event?
Mar 04, 2018, 09:58 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopfox
Is this an AMA members only event?
The first POST says:

SPECTATOR COST: Free
Mar 04, 2018, 05:58 PM
Let me rephrase. Must one have an AMA membership to register to fly at this event?
Mar 04, 2018, 08:18 PM
I like foam
It's always recommended, but NOT required. Please spread the word about our event. Although this is our 11th year running it, my email list got destroyed last year when all the AOL and Verizon or Comcast emails went away.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:02 PM
Any chance we can bring Tiny Whoovs?
Mar 16, 2018, 08:16 AM
I like foam
I would be disappointed if you didn't! Just stay clear of the traffic on the ground and we can all get along just fine.
Last edited by mikeythev; Mar 16, 2018 at 08:22 AM.
Mar 16, 2018, 08:35 AM
I like foam

Schedule for the 2018 NPMAC Funfly

Here's the 2018 schedule. Thanks!
Mar 16, 2018, 11:30 AM
Hi Mike,

What is considered 3D flying?

So no aerobatic flying during the open time slots?

Thanks
Al
Mar 16, 2018, 01:07 PM
I like foam
It's kind of a grey area, but basically, we interpret 3D flying as a means of high-alpha flying with wild aerobatics. Most 3D planes eat up the flying area pretty heavily. It's hard to keep them in a pattern, and they create issues when that style of flying is permitted. That's why it's isolated to certain time slots. I've had very few complaints over the years using this system, and most individuals leave with their aircraft in great shape. Aerobatics are permitted, but wild crazy stuff needs to go during the 3D time slot.

Lastly, we generally fly in a left to right pattern around our gyms.
Mar 16, 2018, 01:39 PM
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

As a suggestion, would you consider alternating the pattern for each open time slot.

Right hand turns are just as important as left hand turns

Al
Mar 17, 2018, 07:49 AM
Mike,

I think your format is great. We use it at our club's indoor fly.

John

Quick Reply