May 14, 2018, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
Glad to hear this is starting to ship, even if only to the EU guys.

I haven’t received a shipping notice for my order. I wonder if there is still a shipping issue to the US?
I believe the shipping problem with my evaluation unit was unique to my individual package. The other evaluation unit going to another country was delivered and my unit should be in the next couple of days. Hope to get some detailed reviews created soon.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2018, 08:08 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
That’s good news about your evaluation unit. I’ll be looking forward to your review.

I guess I just have to be patient and wait for my number to come up soon.
May 14, 2018, 12:34 PM
That guy from the Internet
So the X-LITE won't charge batteries and uses exotic 18500 batteries?

Any ways to charge them using my good old B6AC or ISDT Q6 Plus charger?
May 14, 2018, 12:45 PM
Not that exotic, many vape stuff uses that. I think my 18650 charger can also handle 18500. 18650 is used by the Fatshark goggles battery module which is why I am kind of surprised they didn't go with those.
May 14, 2018, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer777
So the X-LITE won't charge batteries and uses exotic 18500 batteries?

Any ways to charge them using my good old B6AC or ISDT Q6 Plus charger?

Yep
May 14, 2018, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
Those are D8 receivers and they can be used with both type of radios if you don't set the "EU" checkbox in the compile options of Companion
Hey, you are indeed right, thanks for the info. LBT, I'm coming back.
May 14, 2018, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangPhil
Hello Hutt,
From what I understood from the manual and the specs published by various vendors:
- The USB port is not intended to charge batteries.
- Batteries are not included in the kit.
- Batteries must be charged prior to be inserted in the X-lite.
So I bought 2 batteries and a usb charger from amazon... I think I should have bought 4 instead of 2 ... just in case in the field...

Page 2 of the pdf manual says (in different paragraphs) :

- Battery Polarity: Ensure the battery polarity is correct when connecting batteries into the battery compartment. Otherwise Taranis X-lite might not be powered on.

Then a few lines under :

- Note: Please make sure the polarity of the batteries is correct. Put the batteries with positive pole as head into Taranis X-lite.

Then, some paragraphs later in the tech specs section:

- Micro-USB port (charging function unsupported)
- Easily accessible battery compartment uses (*not included) replaceable 18500 Li-Ion batteries.

- Battery information: Flat top / Heigth 500 mm (They must mean 50 mm) / Diameter 18 mm (this one is right)
Should be easy enough to fit a charge socket if there is enough space anywhere.
May 14, 2018, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloweenhamster
Yep
Do you have a link to this device that you could give us please?
May 14, 2018, 07:38 PM
Maybe we can use two small boards with the IC TP4056 for charging.

Something like this:

TP4056 5V 1A Lipo Battery Mini USB Charging Board Charger Module
https://banggood.app.link/OqH0fjVrVM

I'm going to a shop today where they have so I'll buy a couple, are so cheap.
Last edited by jafc76; May 14, 2018 at 07:45 PM.
May 14, 2018, 08:46 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Maybe we can use two small boards with the IC TP4056 for charging.
That would be the simplest and the cheapest way to charge these batteries (in parallel, outside the Tx).

I had thought to do the same thing, but to wire them in series, directly to the batteries inside the Tx. This method, however, does require a couple of B0505S-1W modules to isolate each charging board to a common power supply.

If there is room in the Tx for the charging components, this may be a good internal charging mod.

Here is a short youtube video explaining the wiring.
More Details on the Balanced 3S Lithium Cell Charger using the TP4056 (2 min 59 sec)
Last edited by KC; May 14, 2018 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Charging in parallel, outside tx.
May 14, 2018, 08:54 PM
I wanna make it simple so maybe I can use two diodes like in this picture but if it works without diodes will be better.
I'm gonna buy two boards today and I'll play a little before I receive the x-lite.
May 14, 2018, 09:11 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
I’m no expert and someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but the diodes seems to be on the Tx "circuit" side for reverse polarity protection. I don’t think we have to worry about that, as the batteries will be out of the Tx to be charged.

Here is a single cell charging diagram. Of course two cells can be in parallel and be charged with one TP4056 board, but at half the charge rate.
May 14, 2018, 09:25 PM
👽🛸👽
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoonga
Not that exotic, many vape stuff uses that. I think my 18650 charger can also handle 18500. 18650 is used by the Fatshark goggles battery module which is why I am kind of surprised they didn't go with those.
I have a Nitecore i2 charger left over from when I vaped. Its a $15 charger, it charges just about any kind of rechargeable battery from 18650 to AAA

It has become a super useful charger on my desk for mouse batteries, 18650 for my goggles, camera flash batteries etc etc
It fits any size (18650 or smaller) because the contacts are spring loaded.
May 14, 2018, 09:37 PM
What I wanna make is to open the x-lite to install the two small boards inside.
I don't know if using a different connector or using the power from the microusb connector that it has.
The problem I see is how to open the x-lite. I don't see any screws so maybe it's a hard task.
Last edited by jafc76; May 14, 2018 at 09:45 PM.
May 14, 2018, 10:03 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
The Xlite appears to be held together with 4 locking tabs. But Wayne from Aloft Hobbies has reported that the Tx should be user serviceable.

The batteries in theTx is wired in series, so I f you connect one charging board to each battery, each board will require a separate power supply, as to not create a short. To have one power supply for both charging boards, the boards have to be isolated with a B0505S-1W moduls, as I mentioned above.
Last edited by KC; May 14, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply