Frsky X-Lite and Taranis ELite - Page 87 - RC Groups
May 13, 2018, 11:25 PM
I hope they start to send the first batch this week. If the R9M Lite module is ready too, would be nice to send both together.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2018, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
I hope they start to send the first batch this week. If the R9M Lite module is ready too, would be nice to send both together.
And I thought I was over optimistic hoping to get it before going on holiday on the 9th.

[EDIT]
I only just now realized that I only recently started to misread that delivery date.
It's April 30th... Not May 30th.

I now really need to think which model I can take with me that will fit in a suitcase.
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; May 14, 2018 at 01:57 AM.
May 14, 2018, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Have you had this email too?
May 14, 2018, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloweenhamster
Have you had this email too?
Wow! I didn't get any email. I don't know why because I made the preorder just after to get the notification for the first batch.
May 14, 2018, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Wow! I didn't get any email. I don't know why because I made the preorder just after to get the notification for the first batch.
Well.... If you don't have any other outstanding orders then there's no reason to ask you if they should send them in one package.

[EDIT]
It seems mine has been shipped...
May 14, 2018, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
Well.... If you don't have any other outstanding orders then there's no reason to ask you if they should send them in one package.

[EDIT]
I've ordered some R9 mini so I'm gonna write them. Too strange that I didn't receive any email. Thanks!
May 14, 2018, 04:58 AM
Quote:
EU or non EU?

Only seen EU ones been shipped so far
May 14, 2018, 05:08 AM
Quote:
EU or non EU?

I thought the whole world knew that Amsterdam is in Europe.
May 14, 2018, 05:25 AM
Quote:
I thought the whole world knew that Amsterdam is in Europe.
Im a European that always gets international radios to avoid limitations, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so his question is valid id say.
May 14, 2018, 05:31 AM
Quote:
EU or non EU?

Non EU. Maybe that's why. You make me feel better!
I'm living in Japan now.
May 14, 2018, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooohan94
Im a European that always gets international radios to avoid limitations, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so his question is valid id say.
Then he should also be specific to what he was referring to. The device or the destination address.

If the customs would be thorough you should not even be able to receive a non-EU radio.
Those "technical limitations" can be easily overcome by flashing the international firmware on it.

I don't see LBT as a technical limitation at all and I also don't understand why people speak about it as if it was obvious that it is. I see it as a superiour protocol as it doesn't move to a taken channel. Something all the other vendors already had in 2014
May 14, 2018, 06:32 AM
Sorry I did mean device, I'm in the UK & ordered non EU as the r9 system is only 8ch & 25mw in EU, its 16ch & 100mw non eu
May 14, 2018, 06:52 AM
Quote:
I don't see LBT as a technical limitation at all and I also don't understand why people speak about it as if it was obvious that it is. I see it as a superiour protocol as it doesn't move to a taken channel. Something all the other vendors already had in 2014
Still, there are 3rd party (non-frsky) receivers that are not compatible with LBT version of the frsky protocol. The ones I have are integrated in the flight controllers. This makes LBT somewhat limited.
May 14, 2018, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulya
Still, there are 3rd party (non-frsky) receivers that are not compatible with LBT version of the frsky protocol. The ones I have are integrated in the flight controllers. This makes LBT somewhat limited.
Those are D8 receivers and they can be used with both type of radios if you don't set the "EU" checkbox in the compile options of Companion.

I think you will receive your radio in Sweden if you buy non-EU, but you're taking a risk. A small risk, though. I would not want to take that risk if there is really nothing gained by it.

You need to flash a new OpenTX to it anyhow as they are still working on it.

@Halloweenhamster....
This is the X-Lite thread and it now seems you're referring to a complete other device.

On R9
The difference between EU and non-EU of "900 MHz transceivers" are of a complete different kind as the difference between D16 EU/FCC. Operating non-LBT equipment on 2.4 GHz is not illegal in itself. Most devices are non-LBT anyhow and will stay that way for the decennium to come.
R9 is completely different. The non-EU devices not only have more power, but they also operate in frequencies that are taken by mobile phones. You're not only disturbing the telecom in your area, but they are also disturbing you. I read a post on RCgroups that these network operators are quite keen on that and will take active measures to find you.
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; May 14, 2018 at 07:21 AM.
May 14, 2018, 07:37 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Glad to hear this is starting to ship, even if only to the EU guys.

I haven’t received a shipping notice for my order. I wonder if there is still a shipping issue to the US?

Mike, any new news about your evaluation unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
My X-Lite evaluation unit that was shipped from FrSky last week ran into a shipping problem and now is back where it started in Wuxi. So now it will need to be reshipped.

Mike

Quick Reply