Frsky X-Lite and Taranis ELite - Page 47 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 13, 2018, 10:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
Something similar to a ps4 controller. ...
Something like a push button:
-Momentary switch, you have to keep pushing the button to hold the position
-Two positions switch you have to push twice the button

It is simple and you can choose in the soft if you want a dual position or a momentary switch
No thank you. I rather have some tactile switches. So i know what position is on and off, and i know what position they are in. I have pressed buttons on gamepads when i didn't mean to, i don't want that on my transmitter.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2018, 11:01 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
KC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
Something similar to a ps4 controller. ...
Something like a push button:
-Momentary switch, you have to keep pushing the button to hold the position
-Two positions switch you have to push twice the button

It is simple and you can choose in the soft if you want a dual position or a momentary switch
Iíve thought of hacking in some push buttons to the back of this thing myself.
A lot of people have modded their Taranis with button in the past and Aloft Hobbies even sells a push button for the mod.

Name: a6357280-109-Push%20button.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 195.3 KB
Description: Momentary button  for DLG launch. Name: pb_mom_swt_2.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 32.7 KB
Description: Sold at Aloft Hobbies.
Apr 13, 2018, 11:06 AM
Registered User
Cid156's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinRC
No thank you. I rather have some tactile switches. So i know what position is on and off, and i know what position they are in. I have pressed buttons on gamepads when i didn't mean to, i don't want that on my transmitter.
It has not to be excatly like a gamepad... We have these swiths since 30 years now... There are buttons where you can see if there are pressed or not...with light or a tilt button
Apr 13, 2018, 11:58 AM
Registered User
I prefer toggle switches to what's been suggested above
Apr 13, 2018, 12:27 PM
Registered User
On Instagram frsky_RC. So no Crossfire support?
Last edited by Galangl; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:39 PM.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
It has not to be excatly like a gamepad... We have these swiths since 30 years now... There are buttons where you can see if there are pressed or not...with light or a tilt button
I want to be able to feel what position a switch is in. How am i even going to look at my transmitter with my goggles on? Also, the switches are on the back. Even without goggles you would have to twist the transmitter around to see the color of the buttons. How is that a good idea?
A tilt switch is fine, but what exactly is the difference with a normal switch? What would be the benefit?
Last edited by ErwinRC; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:40 PM.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galangl
On Instagram frsky_RC. So no Crossfire support?
They are frsky so naturally they will make it more compatible with their product that is a director competitor the r9m. Itís like apple gotta keep it within the family right??
Apr 13, 2018, 12:52 PM
Registered User
I think it's time to change the form factor of the tx modules too.

Will be great if we have a new standard smaller than the JR modules.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:52 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
KC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galangl
On Instagram frsky_RC. So no Crossfire support?
Couldn’t care less about crossfire, but... what the hack! No Voice? Or am I just reading that wrong?
Then what is the "heatset port" for?

Last edited by KC; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM.
Apr 13, 2018, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Cid156's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinRC
I want to be able to feel what position a switch is in. How am i even going to look at my transmitter with my goggles on? Also, the switches are on the back. Even without goggles you would have to twist the transmitter around to see the color of the buttons. How is that a good idea?
A tilt switch is fine, but what exactly is the difference with a normal switch? What would be the benefit?
I was thinking to use a push button for the timer or the bepper.. . These switches can be on top or on the side... It is easier to check for a light than checking on the tiny screen.
Or the push button can be use as the arm mode with a red light.... you need to press 3s to arm the quad

I do believe that the tilt switch is more comfortable than the standard switch and there is less risk to break it

It just some ideas... It has to be study...
Apr 13, 2018, 01:08 PM
Registered User
I am not a huge OSD guy and use a lot of voice so that sucks. But if I can use headphones I would be ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
Couldnít care less about crossfire, but... what the hack! No Voice? Or am I just reading that wrong?
Then what is the "heatset port" for?
Apr 13, 2018, 01:19 PM
Registered User
I like voice for FPV. No voice would be a deal breaker for me.
Apr 13, 2018, 01:41 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
KC's Avatar
Yeah, me too. Voice through the headphones would be fine. I'm hoping they meant to say, "an additional feedback", and not, "an alternative feedback".
Apr 13, 2018, 02:21 PM
Registered User
A speaker is so trivial and cheap, I don't think they would skip it. "Alternative" has also the meaning of multiple options.
Apr 13, 2018, 08:55 PM
Registered User
I find Low RSSI voice warning and Count down timer voice info critical for me when flying FPV. Not to mention Low Battery Warning.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FrSky Taranis, Taranis Plus, Taranis E - OpenTX 2.1.X Jet_Flyer Radios 6955 Yesterday 09:22 AM
Discussion Serial or Parallel - Official FrSky 6 x AA's wrapped battery for Taranis Q X7? BlackVenom Batteries and Chargers 14 Apr 18, 2018 09:18 AM
Question HELI-X FrSky TARANIS correct stick mappings for multirotor kahoona Simulators 4 Apr 22, 2015 09:59 AM
Discussion Naza Lite + Frsky X8R S-Bus + Taranis albx Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 Nov 25, 2013 04:31 AM