Frsky X-Lite and Taranis ELite - Page 47 - RC Groups
Apr 13, 2018, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
Something similar to a ps4 controller. ...
Something like a push button:
-Momentary switch, you have to keep pushing the button to hold the position
-Two positions switch you have to push twice the button

It is simple and you can choose in the soft if you want a dual position or a momentary switch
No thank you. I rather have some tactile switches. So i know what position is on and off, and i know what position they are in. I have pressed buttons on gamepads when i didn't mean to, i don't want that on my transmitter.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2018, 11:01 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Something similar to a ps4 controller. ...
Something like a push button:
-Momentary switch, you have to keep pushing the button to hold the position
-Two positions switch you have to push twice the button

It is simple and you can choose in the soft if you want a dual position or a momentary switch
Iíve thought of hacking in some push buttons to the back of this thing myself.
A lot of people have modded their Taranis with button in the past and Aloft Hobbies even sells a push button for the mod.

Name: a6357280-109-Push%20button.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 195.3 KB
Description: Momentary button  for DLG launch. Name: pb_mom_swt_2.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 32.7 KB
Description: Sold at Aloft Hobbies.
Apr 13, 2018, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinRC
No thank you. I rather have some tactile switches. So i know what position is on and off, and i know what position they are in. I have pressed buttons on gamepads when i didn't mean to, i don't want that on my transmitter.
It has not to be excatly like a gamepad... We have these swiths since 30 years now... There are buttons where you can see if there are pressed or not...with light or a tilt button
Apr 13, 2018, 11:58 AM
I prefer toggle switches to what's been suggested above
Apr 13, 2018, 12:27 PM
On Instagram frsky_RC. So no Crossfire support?
Last edited by Galangl; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:39 PM.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:34 PM
Quote:
It has not to be excatly like a gamepad... We have these swiths since 30 years now... There are buttons where you can see if there are pressed or not...with light or a tilt button
I want to be able to feel what position a switch is in. How am i even going to look at my transmitter with my goggles on? Also, the switches are on the back. Even without goggles you would have to twist the transmitter around to see the color of the buttons. How is that a good idea?
A tilt switch is fine, but what exactly is the difference with a normal switch? What would be the benefit?
Last edited by ErwinRC; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:40 PM.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galangl
They are frsky so naturally they will make it more compatible with their product that is a director competitor the r9m. Itís like apple gotta keep it within the family right??
Apr 13, 2018, 12:52 PM
I think it's time to change the form factor of the tx modules too.

Will be great if we have a new standard smaller than the JR modules.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:52 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galangl
Couldn’t care less about crossfire, but... what the hack! No Voice? Or am I just reading that wrong?
Then what is the "heatset port" for?

Last edited by KC; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM.
Apr 13, 2018, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinRC
I want to be able to feel what position a switch is in. How am i even going to look at my transmitter with my goggles on? Also, the switches are on the back. Even without goggles you would have to twist the transmitter around to see the color of the buttons. How is that a good idea?
A tilt switch is fine, but what exactly is the difference with a normal switch? What would be the benefit?
I was thinking to use a push button for the timer or the bepper.. . These switches can be on top or on the side... It is easier to check for a light than checking on the tiny screen.
Or the push button can be use as the arm mode with a red light.... you need to press 3s to arm the quad

I do believe that the tilt switch is more comfortable than the standard switch and there is less risk to break it

It just some ideas... It has to be study...
Apr 13, 2018, 01:08 PM
I am not a huge OSD guy and use a lot of voice so that sucks. But if I can use headphones I would be ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
Couldnít care less about crossfire, but... what the hack! No Voice? Or am I just reading that wrong?
Then what is the "heatset port" for?
Apr 13, 2018, 01:19 PM
I like voice for FPV. No voice would be a deal breaker for me.
Apr 13, 2018, 01:41 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Yeah, me too. Voice through the headphones would be fine. I'm hoping they meant to say, "an additional feedback", and not, "an alternative feedback".
Apr 13, 2018, 02:21 PM
A speaker is so trivial and cheap, I don't think they would skip it. "Alternative" has also the meaning of multiple options.
Apr 13, 2018, 08:55 PM
I find Low RSSI voice warning and Count down timer voice info critical for me when flying FPV. Not to mention Low Battery Warning.

Quick Reply