Frsky X-Lite and Taranis ELite - Page 22 - RC Groups
Feb 11, 2018, 12:51 AM
I don’t know about you, but if I take the time to look down at my radio to see an LED I will lose the model!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2018, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
I donít know about you, but if I take the time to look down at my radio to see an LED I will lose the model!
I guess I should've specified lol, I meant before putting goggles on but now I think of it that would be to good for the arm switch lol Bad idea I suppose but seems something could be done like this, perhaps not an LED tho lol
Feb 11, 2018, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon13110
Looking forward to this radio hitting the market. But there is one thing that still bugs me with every radio on the market. If you work on fact that 50% use the pinch style thumb and finger to fly this radio and every other radio is perfect for them . But if you are like me and the other 50% who just use thumbs then there is not a radio that works well , What I would love to see is the gimbals in stock position but the switches on the rear , I do a lot of flying and I want my switches at my finger tips and itís just not possible with any radio. I totally understand the rear of the case would need redesigned to incorporate a guard so when the tx is placed down itís not resting on the switches , Even thought about modifying my taranis to incorporate switches on the rear case . Is it just me or do you get what I am saying 👍
No reason these txs count be like a game controller in that respect, ergonomics suited to the hands with buttons sitting under the fingers.
Would be ready for the next phase is fpv....virtual combat!! ( I am just guessing at this of course but it must be coming soon right?not just racing around some gates but shooting virtual lasers at the other quad at the same time? )
Feb 11, 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
You know this because you're one of the OpenTX devs and received a sample from them to work on? Or you're a fanboy that can't imagine Frsky making anything that doesn't confirm your minimum requirements?

A lot of things like telemetry, voice feedback and OpenTX are taken for granted.

I had the X-Lite in my hands. Itís running OpenTX and yes there is telemetry.

There is a SD card slot in the bottom. Would not be surprised if you could even copy models from the Taranis and use sound files. But did not ask the technician about that.
Feb 11, 2018, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno

There is a SD card slot in the bottom. Would not be surprised if you could even copy models from the Taranis and use sound files. But did not ask the technician about that.
you don't happen to know if it has a trainer port so i can use this along side my taranis
Feb 11, 2018, 12:44 PM
Thumper King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno

All I want to know is if there are only two switches?
Feb 11, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon13110
you don't happen to know if it has a trainer port so i can use this along side my taranis
I don't think there is a trainer port.

They haven't said anything in their posts and the source code says "there is no Trainer jack on Taranis X-Lite".
Furthermore I think it won't have a bluetooth module.

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/blo...s/board.h#L202

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
You know this because you're one of the OpenTX devs and received a sample from them to work on? Or you're a fanboy that can't imagine Frsky making anything that doesn't confirm your minimum requirements?

A lot of things like telemetry, voice feedback and OpenTX are taken for granted.

This doesn't mean that I think you're wrong. It just doesn't mean that much if you're not telling us how you know these things
No, I'm not an OpenTX developer but it is open source so everyone can check the source code. If you do that, you see strong hints on telemetry and audio out (-> i assume also voice feedback)...

Edit2:
It will also have haptic feedback, led backlight and it seems like it has some sort of trim functionality which I don't yet understand. It is different than X9 and X7.

And it seems like they don't use the same internals as the X7. At least the GPIOs are different...
Last edited by flyingtoaster; Feb 11, 2018 at 01:19 PM.
Feb 11, 2018, 07:14 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
I’m not a coder, but I’ve had Basic and Fortran in high school, and I’ve been rooting around the source codes as well and what I’ve been able to glean is OTx has provisions (for now), 2 switches and 2 pots.

As to the BT feature, I thought I saw that XLite would have it. And As to trims, there are 2; Named TrH and TrV (Horizontal and Vertical trim).

I’ll see if I can find these again.

Edit:
BT, line 93 - I hope I’m reading this correctly...
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/blo...eLists.txt#L94
Last edited by KC; Feb 17, 2018 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
Feb 11, 2018, 07:37 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Here is the conversation between couple of developers about the trims.

Https://github.com/opentx/opentx/pull/5574
Feb 11, 2018, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
As to the BT feature, I thought I saw that XCite would have it.
I'm not sure... This line suggests it doesn't have bluetooth. Maybe there will be different versions like X7 and X7s.

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/blo...driver.cpp#L27
Feb 11, 2018, 07:50 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
I see... BT=0

You may be right. Perhaps an upgraded version may have it.
Feb 11, 2018, 07:54 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Hey, this is all quit entertaining isnít it?
Feb 11, 2018, 08:00 PM
Back in stock notifications are being taken at Ready Made RC. Lists the specs but no price yet...
https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=7571
Feb 11, 2018, 08:53 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Readymaderc is a FrSky Premier dealer, but I trust Wayne at Aloft Hobbies for the most reliable updates. Wayne has been there since the beginning.

Name: Taranis release.jpg
Views: 95
Size: 238.3 KB
Description:
Feb 11, 2018, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
Readymaderc is a FrSky Premier dealer, but I trust Wayne at Aloft Hobbies for the most reliable updates. Wayne has been there since the beginning.

Attachment 10725734
Yeah that's why I posted the link. Atleast we can trust the specs listed since they're a Premier dealer.

Quick Reply