Jul 09, 2018, 06:53 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
X-lite sticks are 2.5mm. Some people have been making adapters to fit the larger stick ends though.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=833

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=836
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2018, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
X-lite sticks are 2.5mm. Some people have been making adapters to fit the larger stick ends though.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=833

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=836
Wish I knew that before I ordered these guys

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71R2ohtO2CL._SL1500_.jpg[/img}

They feel REALLY nice though(on my other tx), KC do you know anywhere I can purchase the adapters ? I think with these on the x lite it will be an unbeatable setup for me.

I am also having an issue with getting 3 different values on the three way switch. I searched this thread and google and had no luck. Basically, both my 3 way switches ( swA and B I think) will only show two values in beta flight. After doing a little research someone recommended switching the value to MAX and 500, but all this did was change the values from 1500/2000 from 1000/1500. I did all the other opentx firmware updates so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas how to actually get three values from the three position switch ? Would really appreciate any help with this issue.
Jul 09, 2018, 10:31 PM
Using the switch as the source of the mix automatically gives three values, -100, 0 and +100. You can adjust the weights to match any different requirements you might have.
Jul 09, 2018, 11:00 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Diesel
Snip...
They feel REALLY nice though(on my other tx), KC do you know anywhere I can purchase the adapters ? I think with these on the x lite it will be an unbeatable setup for me.
I donít know of any premade adapters, only diy solutions. Personally, Iíve thought about wrapping the sticks with Teflon tape (used in plumbing) or electrical tape for the 3mm stick ends. For the 4mm, I think the 14 awg silicone wire insulation is a good solution.
Jul 09, 2018, 11:06 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Diesel
Wish I knew that before I ordered these guys

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71R2ohtO2CL._SL1500_.jpg[/img}

I am also having an issue with getting 3 different values on the three way switch. I searched this thread and google and had no luck. Basically, both my 3 way switches ( swA and B I think) will only show two values in beta flight. After doing a little research someone recommended switching the value to MAX and 500, but all this did was change the values from 1500/2000 from 1000/1500. I did all the other opentx firmware updates so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas how to actually get three values from the three position switch ? Would really appreciate any help with this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Using the switch as the source of the mix automatically gives three values, -100, 0 and +100. You can adjust the weights to match any different requirements you might have.
Just will add that a common error is to use the switch as both the source and the "enabling" switch for a mix.
The latter should be left blank (---)
Jul 10, 2018, 01:09 AM
I pre-ordered a red one from GetFPV on 5/1 and last Thursday got tired of waiting, so Friday morning I ordered a black one from progressiverc and drove over and got it. After I got it kinda figured out(I came from flysky) and was setting up a couple quads in BF I got an email from GetFPV...

Just got my red one today and Iím a little disappointed. The mode gimbal screw thing on the black one is an m3 barrel screw(?) that doesnít have a head and it worked great, but the red one has an m2 socket head screw that isnít long enough to de-tension the spring... or so I thought.

When that wasnít working I did what any reasonable person would and took it apart. Turns out the screw was slipping off the lever and grinding into the side a bit, making the stick nice and loose in the middle, but super stiff at the ends.

I took the spring out and everythingís fine, but itís pretty annoying to get 2 of the same thing 3 days apart that have a huge disparity in a very crucial part.

I didnít break any tabs, but it rattles when I shake it.
Jul 10, 2018, 03:26 AM
slats move, slots don't
I have an X-Lite on the on way from HorusRC, but sans batteries.

I can't seem to find anywhere locally to get 18500's and postage from anywhere else is 3-5x the battery price!
Jul 10, 2018, 03:45 AM

Fitting tagged LiIon battery

I have had my X-lite for a month now and I have been well pleased with it for flying DLGs (I fitted the external aerial, a handle/neck-strap, and a launch mode button). The one thing I did not like was the removable battery/end cap system (an accident waiting to happen?) so I installed a charging lead and taped up the end caps. Any way I got hold of 2 tagged 18500 cells recently and fitted them last night to give a fully secure soldered system. You should be able to see how I did it in the attached image. I needed to extend the slot at the positive end of the battery boxes so the tags could emerge and also route the wires carefully and grind away some of the projections on the transmitter back to enable all the case clips to engage.
Jul 10, 2018, 05:17 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK

I can't seem to find anywhere locally to get 18500's and postage from anywhere else is 3-5x the battery price!
I got mine on Taobao. In the end, it cost HKD123 for the two Panasonic NCR18500A cells including delivery to the Islands District in Hong Kong. So about USD8 per cell. Shipping will be cheaper if you are anywhere other than the Islands District.

Forget Ap Liu Street, Sham Shui Po, Mongkok or any of the usual places. You will walk for hours in the hot and humid environment searching and no one will have it.
Last edited by dingrrcg; Jul 10, 2018 at 05:23 AM.
Jul 10, 2018, 05:24 AM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
I got mine on Taobao. In the end, it cost HKD123 for the two Panasonic NCR18500A cells including delivery to the Islands District in Hong Kong. So about USD8 per cell. Shipping will be cheaper if you are anywhere other than the Islands District.

Forget Ap Liu Street, Sham Shui Po, Mongkok or any of the usual places. You will walk for hours and no one will have it.
Yes, did that today, walked for 2 hours and found nothing I could use, so I came home and found them on Aliexpress with decent shipping to HK.

I am up in Northern NT, so lets see how fast SF express delivers them.
Jul 10, 2018, 05:52 AM
Look for a Braun shavers reseller. They should be able to source you without shipping cost.
Quote:

Jul 10, 2018, 05:52 AM
Happy FPV flyer
I use this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/131982982257
Jul 10, 2018, 11:46 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Do you know how much time you get off a single charge with them batteries (hours)?
Jul 10, 2018, 11:57 AM
Happy FPV flyer
You should get approx 10 hours.
Jul 10, 2018, 05:52 PM
Quote:

Not local, but:
https://alofthobbies.com/lithium-ion...d-charger.html

These are very good cells. If you want a cheaper charger:
https://alofthobbies.com/search/?q=xtar

-Wayne

Oh yeah, should have our third shipment of radios tomorrow.

Quick Reply