Aug 13, 2018, 03:31 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
If you reorder them alphabetical you end up having no control again on the screen display order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems View Post
No, please no ordering other than on the config screen.

Just refer to them everywhere by their name, but leave them ordered as on the config screen.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2018, 11:11 AM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Anyone know how to change the splash sound or power on sound ? I have tried to follow some folks changing it on the 9d+ but cant seem to get it to work .
Aug 14, 2018, 11:22 AM
change the file named hello.wav in the system folder in the SOUNDS folder on your SD card.
Aug 14, 2018, 11:43 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymcc View Post
Anyone know how to change the splash sound or power on sound ? I have tried to follow some folks changing it on the 9d+ but cant seem to get it to work .
The WAV file you're trying to use might not have the required specifications. First put it in your SOUNDS/en/ folder and see if you can play it with a Play Track special function.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Aug 14, 2018, 12:28 PM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
change the file named hello.wav in the system folder in the SOUNDS folder on your SD card.
Thank you both so much . Just needed to know which file to rename . Worked great . I had watched a video that told me to change a file tada prob an old video .
Last edited by Happymcc; Aug 15, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
Aug 15, 2018, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymcc View Post
Thank you both so much . Just needed to know which file to rename . Worked great . I had watched a video that told me to change a file tada prob an old video .
You might like to know you can also have a shutdown sound now called bye.wav
Last edited by scott page; Aug 15, 2018 at 12:13 AM.
Aug 15, 2018, 07:33 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Here's a turret from Portal 2 saying "Shutting down."

Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Aug 15, 2018, 10:51 AM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Thanks guys I like them both but love the looney tunes
Aug 15, 2018, 07:35 PM
fly by night
just got my X Lite. beautiful device, feels great . except of course the sticks are unusably too short. I am not going to waste my time trying to fly with it till I find a good solution to the short stick ends. I ordered the longer ones form Horus vendor in China, https://www.horusrc.com/en/frsky-tar...tick-ends.html but even those look way too short for me. I also ordered some 3D printed add-on tips, but they are janky looking. And yes I know about the heat-shrink mod w conventional stick ends.

might just find some thick aluminum tubing and glue it on .. unless someone knows of a great source of really long sticks in the works for this radio??

-

I also intend to try using my MFDLink (Rlink) 433MHz module with this radio. love how small the module is and how it causes no interference on my X9D (unlike TSLRS which causes the X9D to crash!). but then I read this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3187 anyone try Rlink/MFDLink with this XLite yet?
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Aug 15, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
Aug 15, 2018, 10:35 PM
fly by night
well I think I have something. got sticks that feel like a serious radio now

- went to Lowes and bought some ~7mm dia aluminum rod
- end-drilled holes to 3/32"
- cut the rod to 30mm length
- the aluminum is just the right inside diameter and softness for the XLite's steel threads to cut into the aluminum.
- roughened up the sides of the rods to add a little more pinch-grip.
- dremelled in 3 slots into the top end for more thumb-grip on top
- Now the two new stick ends thread on and off like factory-made stick ends
- just clears into each corner extent
- 100% reversible. just screw them off and replace
- Tx still fits in the case, though fits better without the moulding

- caveat: can be tricky end-drilling with perfect accuracy. I think I got it close enough. There is small risk of blunting the threads doing this, but so far mine look good and work as oem.

OK I am spoiled for long sticks. I once had a Jeti DC16, and those sticks were wayy longer than this even

Jeti sticks still longer, LOL. serious machine

Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Aug 15, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
Aug 15, 2018, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike View Post
Here's a turret from Portal 2 saying "Shutting down."

Thanks Mike. That's great. The one I use most of the time is the old AOL voice "Good Bye".
Aug 16, 2018, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/pull/5985

X-Lite only gets better and better!

I have no idea what CROSSFIRE Lua does, but it sounds pretty cool!
How do i d/l a working crossfire script?
I seems that its not implemented yet in the latest versions, the nightlies SD content is also old....
I have V0018

UPDATE: https://github.com/opentx/opentx/tre...s-x7/CROSSFIRE

It works but turns out i had to press right and not Enter to enter the configuration,
So it could be that it worked with the official SD Content...
Last edited by sevet; Aug 16, 2018 at 02:36 PM.
Aug 17, 2018, 06:18 AM
monkeymagic

Some other battery options

A quick note that it is possible to use 14500 batteries which can give you more options when there is limited availability of 18500s

Better yet for my fellow Kiwis and Australians I've found an option at Bunnings for less than US$7 to get you started. I've done something of a writeup here plus a budget option for charging with your standard lipo charger.

http://quadifyrc.weebly.com/tips-and...is-and-aussies

Aug 17, 2018, 06:56 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com View Post
A quick note that it is possible to use 14500 batteries which can give you more options when there is limited availability of 18500s

Better yet for my fellow Kiwis and Australians I've found an option at Bunnings for less than US$7 to get you started. I've done something of a writeup here plus a budget option for charging with your standard lipo charger.

http://quadifyrc.weebly.com/tips-and...is-and-aussies

Nice find.

The xlite will even run (a few quarters of an hour) on new AA batteries.

Lol.
Aug 17, 2018, 01:47 PM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Hello guys . I put some wav files in my sound to play background music . It works fine but is there any way to stop the file once it starts playing before its finished ? Any help would be great . Thanks

Quick Reply