Jan 02, 2018, 11:43 AM
Help!

Rimfire 120 with 2 wires ripped off by crash

I ripped the wing off my old HP Funtana 125 resulting in a crash that ripped 2 wires off. Is this repairable? And is it worth it? Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 06:39 PM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
Will cost a few dollars worth of wire and time.

Is the shaft straight yet?
Jan 03, 2018, 04:49 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
A rewind is the only option as far as I can see. Check my blog and this forum for tips, I'm very used to rewind larger motors (.120-30cc) and find them easier to work with.
If you have never tried, rewinding may look quite complicated at first but it is not, just takes a little patience.
The first step is to carefully disassemble the motor, check termination type (probably delta) and count number of turns.
Feel free o start a thread and post your questions and the guys here will elp you through the required steps.
Ronaldo
Jan 05, 2018, 10:20 AM
Master Prop Breaker
A rewind may not be needed. You need to separate the rotor from the stator/bearing assembly to get a good look. Most likely the motor is terminated in delta, Sometimes the motor leads are soldered to the windings, they may have ripped apart there. If so, its a simple matter of resoldering new wire and insulating with shrink wrap. Definitely check it over carefully to make sure there isnt stray strands or that no phase is shorted to the stator. Use continuity mode (beeps when test leads touch each other) on a multimeter for testing shorts.
Jan 07, 2018, 12:29 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The wires in the motor are insulated with resin/lacquer. Must remove before soldering.

Prettig weekend Ron
Jan 07, 2018, 03:24 PM
Thanks! You guys are so helpful. Happy New Year!

Quick Reply