2017, safest aviation year - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 02, 2018, 04:35 AM
Link

2017, safest aviation year

... with all those drones buzzing around...

http://to70.com/to70s-civil-aviation...y-review-2017/

... definitely something should be wrong

Happy New Year 2018, let's make model flight great again !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
... with all those drones buzzing around...

http://to70.com/to70s-civil-aviation...y-review-2017/

... definitely something should be wrong

Happy New Year 2018, let's make model flight great again !
Didn’t real the whole article, did ya?

RStrowe
Jan 02, 2018, 08:40 AM
Yes, and other press releases derived from this To70 initial source, what's wrong ?
Jan 02, 2018, 08:42 AM
“Despite the good news, a note of caution needs to be sounded. Whilst the safety levels of modern civil passenger airplanes remain high, the extraordinarily low accident rate this year must be seen as a case of good fortune. Statistically speaking, in a dataset that starts with over thirty million flights, there is little difference between two accidents and ten accidents. That this year’s accidents only resulted in 13 fatalities is even greater fortune.”

Quoted from your article.

Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t. Aviation is funny like that.

RStrowe
Jan 02, 2018, 09:52 AM
RAF 001
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
“Despite the good news, a note of caution needs to be sounded. Whilst the safety levels of modern civil passenger airplanes remain high, the extraordinarily low accident rate this year must be seen as a case of good fortune. Statistically speaking, in a dataset that starts with over thirty million flights, there is little difference between two accidents and ten accidents. That this year’s accidents only resulted in 13 fatalities is even greater fortune.”

Quoted from your article.

Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t. Aviation is funny like that.

RStrowe
Murphy's Law.
Jan 02, 2018, 10:19 AM
"smile, tomorrow will be worse"
Jan 02, 2018, 02:03 PM
well, I'll tell you it won't remain safe as long a jerks fly above town way below minimum like the Cessna did not 30 minutes ago.
Idiot was so low I could see the panel rivets.
Several years ago another idiot with a certified pilots license flew a twin up the Chain 'O Lakes in Antrim County, Michigan and so damned low he clipped the power lines over Wilson lake. He barely made it to the runway in East Jordan and was promptly arrested. I hope he never got his certificate back.
It seems that I'm seeing more and more of this up here in Northern Michigan.
Jan 02, 2018, 04:19 PM
FAA doesn't seem to care if you fly too low. But they seem to care a lot if an aerobatic certified pilot does a 120 degree bank turn without a waiver. Never mind he can do the full routine at low altitude and has received and done many such before. Or maybe go after a famous pilot, one of the best, just because he is old. Never mind that he passed his physical and can fly better than any pilot young or old,.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:48 PM
Yes, well when they fly low enough to knock out electric power for an entire area, that's too low.
And too stupid and reckless.
Jan 03, 2018, 02:43 PM
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger
well, I'll tell you it won't remain safe as long a jerks fly above town way below minimum like the Cessna did not 30 minutes ago.
Idiot was so low I could see the panel rivets.
Several years ago another idiot with a certified pilots license flew a twin up the Chain 'O Lakes in Antrim County, Michigan and so damned low he clipped the power lines over Wilson lake. He barely made it to the runway in East Jordan and was promptly arrested. I hope he never got his certificate back.
It seems that I'm seeing more and more of this up here in Northern Michigan.
A few years back I had the honor of chasing down a Bonanza that blew through SEATAC's airspace. We were off Whidbey Island performing a post maintenance check flight in a Prowler. Seattle center came up on guard and asked us to contact them. Dialing up our #3 radio to the frequency, the controller asked us if we could see a Bonanza nearby. After responding yes, the controller then asked if we could provide a side number. We weren't that close, but we asked the controller if he wanted us to get it for him.

I can imagine the surprise as the Bonanza pilot saw this gray Navy jet pull up on his wing. He tried to turn away, but we just dirtied up and pulled alongside. The right-seater decided to be very obvious and held up his kneeboard as he wrote down the side number. We then made a quick call -- to a very happy Seattle Center.
Jan 03, 2018, 03:11 PM
Hmmmmm, drugs maybe?
For some interesting reading, check out Eugene "Chip" Tatum who flew for the CIA.

Quick Reply