12th Annual TINY March 2rd,3rd, and 4th 2018 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 01, 2018, 11:13 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Fly-In

12th Annual TINY March 2rd,3rd, and 4th 2018

Get ready for the 12th annual

Fly-In

Wow, we made it to 12 years!! It has been a great run for all of us that enjoy indoor flying. This event has survived the years because of all you that attend and spend your precious hobby dollars keeping it going year after year. AND for the last FIVE years the cost of this event has been carried completely on your shoulders from your donations, raffle purchases, and landing fees! I am so proud to have been in this hobby and be able to have met and befriended people of your character. We have the best hobby in the world because of the people in it. You guys bring it every year, and I know this year will be no different. Thank you all.

Mark

Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas!

There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80' in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands.

At this point we are feverishly working on sponsorship. If anyone is interested of knows of someone who is, please get them to me!

The landing fee will be $20 per day with 2 raffle tickets, or $50 for the 3 day weekend which will include 10 raffle tickets. We also have a family package which will cover one parent and up to 3 of their kids for $100 and 20 raffle tickets!

HOURS

Pilots hours are 8 AM till midnight all three days. While you can get there as early as you want, per our contract I can't let you in until 8 AM so you might as well sleep in. The lights go off at midnight and we have to be vacated by then every night.

Public visitors are also welcome! The front doors will be open to the public on Saturday from 9 AM to 8 PM and Sunday from 10 AM to 5 PM. Since Friday is our set up day, per our contract it is for pilots only, The front doors will be locked and pilots and their guests only will be let in through the west side door. Friday is still a flying day, so plan on having fun!

While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the days, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to Foster Communications Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

We are planning to again to have a meal catered on Friday night about 6 pm. We will be Using Kenny Blanek again as you guys have crowned him king of food for our meal.
Contests

Lodging

RV Hookups

RVs and trailers are always welcome at the T.I.N.Y. and you can park them just outside the Coliseum free of charge if you don't need hookups of any kind. If you need hookups, they are a short walk away from the Coliseum and the contact info for renting those is below.

Kermit Wendland @ 325-653-7785 (M-F) is the contact for the SA Stock Show / Fairgrounds who owns/rents the hookups.

Event Motel

In years past I have negotiated a group rate at the Inn of the Conchos. This is where most of you stayed the last few years, and they are very close to the Coliseum. They have a hot breakfast, high speed wireless, and a Cafe on the property as well. You can usually have a room with 2 queen, or 1 king sized bed. Smoking rooms are available. They require a 24 hour notice for cancellation. For those of you in groups, you might consider the cabanas that the San Angelo State park has or that KOA has. They are very affordable!

Notice for lodging in general. The oil filed has let up considerably and with all the local motels, I don't see an availibility issue this year. PLEASE make your reservations early as you can always cancel them if plans change. I will follow up with Inn of the Conchos to see what they have for us this year.

contact info:

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

the wonderful pictures of the venue courtesy of Richard Ng:

to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 09:11 AM
We shall serve the Lord
I can't wait! I sure missed you guys last year and I'm planning way ahead this year.

So, let me get this started --- Who's ready to be the "First Loser"? I'm pretty sure I already know who's gonna have the fastest wing.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jan 02, 2018, 11:35 AM
I can't believe Mr Jones hasn't posted yet. Looking foreword to lots of fun this year.

James
Jan 02, 2018, 12:32 PM
AMA Member #6955

#getyourwhoopon

Working on a Tiny Whoop for the event. If there was a FPV course set up for the micro quads, who would like to join in?
Jan 03, 2018, 12:35 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC@HOB
I can't believe Mr Jones hasn't posted yet. Looking foreword to lots of fun this year.

James
he's hibernating...

or hiding...

cuz he's a scaredee cat!
Last edited by aeronot; Jan 03, 2018 at 02:01 PM.
Jan 04, 2018, 04:46 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Maybe he's waiting for the 18 Wheeler to bring enough blue foam for his next masterpiece.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jan 09, 2018, 07:47 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcntech
Working on a Tiny Whoop for the event. If there was a FPV course set up for the micro quads, who would like to join in?

We are indeed planning a tinywhoop fpv course complete with lighted gates. Due to the short flight times of these birds, we can have multiple interruptions to open flying throughout the weekend with a minimal loss of open flying airtime. Starting getting those whoops ready!
Jan 10, 2018, 09:40 PM

OK here it is.

We have approached the CAF about an indoor event . It looks at this time we will be flying in the big hangar February 23-25 2018 . I realize it is the weekend before TINY but is what we have available. They have totaly redone all of the lighting to LED and it is amazing. We have not set many details but I will be starting it's own thread in a day or two.
Last edited by adgnade; Jan 12, 2018 at 07:13 AM.
Jan 11, 2018, 11:05 PM
BFMAC Member #13
just a guess, but, do you mean February?
Jan 12, 2018, 07:12 AM
I do

Quick Reply