Depron problems - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2018, 07:33 PM
Discussion

Depron problems

Hey Guys
I'm building a Depron indoor 3D biplane ( Chinese kit) and need to hinge surfaces with tape. I've tried a bunch of different tapes and nothing sticks.
The instructions call for glue tape that I have never heard of in 30+ years of modeling. I have super sticky hinge that I use for sailplanes but its to stiff and heavy. Weight is a factor on a 150g airplane'
Thanks in advance for the help
Ed
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2018, 08:09 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Blenderm has always worked well for me on Depron.

Get the 1" wide version:

Blenderm

However, 3M may have discontinued it.

3M Direct

Good luck.

Jan 01, 2018, 08:35 PM
PapaTrey
You can also put down a VERY thin layer of glue and let it almost completely dry. The tap will stick....I promise.
Jan 02, 2018, 03:41 AM
I use blenderm as mentioned above but it's weird no where locally carries it . I had to order it off amazon . Just make sure it says blenderm . There are several different tapes that look like it .
Jan 02, 2018, 02:14 PM
Yes, use Blenderm tape. It is translucent and has a very smooth texture on top. I have built dozens of foamies over the years and they are all hinged with Blenderm (some of these foamies I still have and the tape is still stuck like glue to the foam). We also use it with giant scales to seal hinges, very versatile stuff and comes in handy for small field repairs to both airplanes and people
Jan 02, 2018, 02:31 PM
Happy Flying
I have plenty of 1/2" Blenderm tape still in stock if anyone needs. I sell 3 rolls for 12 shipped and Will throw in a 4th roll FREE.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-4th-roll-FREE

Quick Reply