new h9 warbird? - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 03, 2018, 12:43 PM
Arrowhead
Well it uses a hub rather than a spinner, which eliminates a lot of planes. Best guess over in the electric warbirds forum is a P-47. Thatís my current guess as well. Their last P-47 was quite popular and flies great.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 12:56 PM
AA6JB
Unless that hub is sitting there on the ground because there is a spinner on the model and there is no place to put the hub?
Latest blog entry: My Blade 200S
Jan 03, 2018, 01:02 PM
Gawd I hope not. Yet another boring plane. p47 are as common as p51s. Yawn!!!!

I'd much prefer a Wildcat or their old Hellcat

Of course, I'd much prefer they do an fw190 D9, but they've only done the Parkzone 190a one.
Jan 03, 2018, 02:43 PM
Landing gear WAY too short for a Bearcat unless they really mangled it.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Jan 03, 2018, 03:51 PM
Arrowhead
Katniss, if they did a Wildcat, they'd get charged with Manslaughter if not outright murder. I'd surely keel over from heart failure! But at least I'd die happy

The problem with the Wildcat is, of course, the landing gear. It's anything but the simple straight strut that folds up into the wing and therefore more expensive to produce while also being extremely limited to the planes it can be used in.
Jan 03, 2018, 06:44 PM
Sucker for biplanes
Well guess it's a JUG...
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Jan 03, 2018, 07:45 PM
Pro Hoarder
Could be a Tempest or Typhoon.The chin may be just under the cover..Very P47ish at this point
Jan 03, 2018, 08:43 PM
Sucker for biplanes
Not sure if the Typhoon or Tempest had stars and bars, lol. I'm in the need for a 60/20cc warbird so I will be pre ordering this one. Wonder if the retracts and struts they already have will work.
Jan 03, 2018, 08:44 PM
Dinosaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER
Well guess it's a JUG...
Oh great. Another 'D' Day color scheme. Black and white stripes. How original. No matter what it turns out to be its like a million before it.
Why can't these people come up with something new? How about an A-1 Skyraider in Vietnam camo. Yes, VQ had one but it has ben discontinued as I understand it. Maybe a decent C-47 in 'Spooky' livery? 3 mini-guns poking out the left side? How about a good rendition of the Cessna 337 with retracts that people can afford. So many good possibilities out there that have never been modeled. Too bad.

WWII gave us some great aircraft but they've all been done to death. Get out of the rut. Move on.

Tom
Jan 03, 2018, 08:48 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Tom,

The financial risk in doing those off-Center subjects is higher than you might think. The important news here is that they’ve found a new vendor to produce the printed-covering warbirds. Seeing this one means more will be on the way.
Jan 03, 2018, 08:55 PM
Uhh no! They haven't ALL been done to death.
No company has ever done an arf 20cc 60 size FW 190 D9
Closest was the out of production, not scale looking Graupner D9 at 69"
Or a Mig 3?
Dornier335?
Wildcat??

There's a lot of planes that haven't seen much attention
Jan 03, 2018, 08:58 PM
Sucker for biplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodor
Oh great. Another 'D' Day color scheme. Black and white stripes. How original. No matter what it turns out to be its like a million before it.
Why can't these people come up with something new? How about an A-1 Skyraider in Vietnam camo. Yes, VQ had one but it has ben discontinued as I understand it. Maybe a decent C-47 in 'Spooky' livery? 3 mini-guns poking out the left side? How about a good rendition of the Cessna 337 with retracts that people can afford. So many good possibilities out there that have never been modeled. Too bad.

WWII gave us some great aircraft but they've all been done to death. Get out of the rut. Move on.

Tom
I here you Tom, but your always going to have someone new getting into the hobbie, the first warbird. The P-47 is the easiest one to fly and it's a good starter. I don't think you will see HH selling exotic birds, that's what the kits are for.
Jan 03, 2018, 09:33 PM
Arrowhead
Daveís last sentence is what really matters. H9 is back in the warbird game, starting with this release. The aircraft they chose is almost secondary, at least IMHO.
Jan 03, 2018, 09:54 PM
Suspended Account
Oh ok ... Well I already got a JUG ,,, So I will keep my money for something else ...
Jan 04, 2018, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=Katniss;38921445]Uhh no! They haven't ALL been done to death.
No company has ever done an arf 20cc 60 size FW 190 D9

Wish Kyosho would redo the Ta152

Quick Reply