new h9 warbird? - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 02, 2018, 09:19 PM
The Sea Fury has a straight centre wing section
The new model seems to me to have ample dihedral which is not consistent with a Sea Fury.

What makes people assume that the gear will be scale? The Sea Fury has a double oleo on each side I doubt they would do that

They probably my installed the stock oleo they put in most Seagull kits
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 10:01 PM
Sucker for biplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcesR
It's not a Yak, the Yak has the same style of strut as the P-51 and Bearcat. Hangar 9 never offered a Yak in the past, so it has to be a Sea Fury IAW the landing gear style and the air coolers shown in H9 photo. H9 did have in the past a 120 size Sea Fury as shown in the link below.

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdId=SEA3565
The Seafury your are referring to is still available from Seagull. Gulf Hobbies sells it, (pic is from there site) they also have the Yak. So did they just put a H9 brand on the Seagull Seafury? Or is the gear not scale on what they are showing? I would think there is going to be some Eflite retracts and struts to go with this new ARF. One thing I do know is Seagull just made a Bearcat in the 20-30cc size.
Jan 03, 2018, 12:30 AM
Here is the front view of my Sea Fury
I don't think it is a Sea Fury.
Jan 03, 2018, 04:51 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Hi Fille
I am not sure that Great PLanes owns Phoneix I just know they seem to be the exclusive distributor of the brand.
It may be Planes from the same factory and then GP created a brand in “Phoenix” .
I am hoping its a bearcat or seafury !
Jan 03, 2018, 06:36 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
I am hoping its a bearcat or seafury !
Don't you have a Wulf in mind for after the A26 Mr ldm ...
How many planes do you need ... ?

Andy ...
Jan 03, 2018, 06:39 AM
Hangar 9 claims quote 'Back by Popular Demand" unquote! Hangar 9 never had a Bearcat in their past inventory that I know of, so I doubt that the aircraft under the tarp is a Bearcat. They didn't have a Yak in their past inventory either so my guess is still the Sea Fury.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:06 AM
It looks to me like they bring the Corsair back.

Regards Aldo

But I would love to see a well done Yak3. Like the one Pat Mc Curry once was doing.
I am convinced it is not a Yak3.
Last edited by Aldo Rebsamen; Jan 03, 2018 at 07:51 AM.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:24 AM
Suspended Account
Maybe a p-51 after all ...

Andy ...
Jan 03, 2018, 07:45 AM
AA6JB
That's a 20cc Evo gasoline engine in the second photo ...

The key detail IMO are the small intakes on the leading edges of the wings. They don't look like the Sea Fury's leading edge inlets ... Closer to the Yak 3 but still not quite a match and I am not sure H9 would model that airplane.

How about that spinner nut lying there?

"Back By Popular Demand" ... is that phrase specific to this new model or, in a broader sense, to the H9 branding making a return to 60 size balsa warbirds?
Last edited by Bajora; Jan 03, 2018 at 08:03 AM.
Jan 03, 2018, 08:23 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
Looks like an Avro Anson !
Jan 03, 2018, 08:57 AM
It looks like the P-47.....but also appears to have brake hubs on outer rim
Jan 03, 2018, 09:07 AM
Ldm - I just received Towerhobbies towertalk. And it was mostly phoenix, great planes, sig and topflite planed in it. so i think youre right. would make sense with one distributor.

im hoping for a razorback
Jan 03, 2018, 10:24 AM
Bottom of fuse is too narrow for a bearcat or Sea Fury. It's not a P51 nor does a p47 have those air intakes.

It would suck if was just something dull like another crop duster.
Jan 03, 2018, 10:26 AM
I'm now beginning to think that H9 has taken bits and pieces from a number of aircraft and photo shopped then into their photo to confuse everyone. Although it's still fun trying to figure out what's going to be released tomorrow! Sea Fury, Sea Fury!!
Jan 03, 2018, 11:03 AM
Yeah only one day left now

Quick Reply