new h9 warbird? - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2018, 04:16 PM
Discussion

new h9 warbird?

H9 posted this picture on facebook.
looks like a warbird to me. anyone got a clue what it could be?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2018, 04:29 PM
Retractable gear, tail dragger, 3 blade prop........Please be a 60 sized balsa warbird.......
Jan 01, 2018, 07:45 PM
Dinosaur
Oh please....not 'another' P-51. If it wasn't for Cubs and Mustangs the model makers would probably all go out of business. So many good possibilities out there that they seem to ignore.

Whatever that is under the tarp is either a model or the tailwheel is held on with what looks like Dubro wheel collars. A little Adobe Photo Shop, maybe? And why do we have to wait until the 4th?

Tom
Jan 01, 2018, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
I want one ...

Andy ...
Jan 01, 2018, 10:51 PM
Arrowhead
I think it's a 2-blade prop. There's a bit sticking out from under the cloth, and the peak of the cloth is directly in line. Not that it's really important.

It also appears to be "bare metal". There seems to be a sharp transition in the aft part of the fuselage... not quite like what I'd expect from a P-51's radiator... but it could be. Retracts & non-retracting tail wheel, looks like. The bit of leading edge we can see at the wing root *could* be the leading edge extension on a P-51; there's really not enough visible to be sure what we're looking at. The fuselage doesn't seem rounded like you'd expect for a radial-powered warbird, so can probably limit the possibilities to planes that used inline engines like the Merlin or Allison.

My guess is it's P-51. If it's 60-size and not a D, I may be interested. I won't fault them if it is a Mustang (any version). Their line of warbirds is at the point where they are rebuilding from scratch (IMHO). Let's face it: Mustangs make a solid foundation for any company's warbird line.
Jan 01, 2018, 11:20 PM
Sucker for biplanes
If the pic is a clue, it's not a P-51. The struts are on the inside of the wheels on a P-51. Sure looks like Bearcat landing gear and a 2 blade acp prop. Eitherway, I'm glad they have something coming out. We need more Warbirds.
Jan 01, 2018, 11:32 PM
Suspended Account
Are those Air intakes at the wing roots ? to skinny for a bearcat Im guessing ..
Is that an air intake underneath in fornt of the rear wheel ... P-51 ..

They'v done a good job of making us think anyway ....

Andy ...
Jan 02, 2018, 02:27 AM
its either a P-47 or a B-17
Jan 02, 2018, 03:57 AM
Looks like a Bearcat - Picture from seagull models facebook earlier in the year

looks very similar would be a 30cc size
Jan 02, 2018, 04:20 AM
Terminater -i think you nailed it!
Jan 02, 2018, 04:34 AM
If it is the Bearcat, makes me wonder how much in common it will be with the VQ.
Jan 02, 2018, 05:29 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Interesting, considering Seagull and Phoneix usually offer great value , I would bet they are at least $200 under the VQ Bearcat.
Considering the issues of Hobby King Batteling with VQ ( US Distributor ) on who will sell it and at what cost , this could be a good move ( a smart move ) .
Hobby King was selling the VQ at $500 with retracts and shipping, that was aprox $150 less then VQ USA . Then HK ran out + damage problems on many many model shipped and they stated “ we are out of stock for good” .
Then Mysteriously they came back in stock with a much higher price !
I was one of the ones that was shipped a broken plane and after 90 days was substantially compensated by Hobby King NY Office ( great servace ) .
However makes me wonder if we were shipped “seconds” with all having the damage in the same lower fin area of the model and perhaps that is why the planes were less money to begin with then VQ USA ?
REgardless I am glad to see H9 possibly offer something new , I think Great PLanes is kicking their butts with Phoneix and the value offering of the brand.
Jan 02, 2018, 05:38 AM
I really like what seagull and phoenix is doing and bringing to the table. Im building the phoenix stinson reliant atm. I dident know Great planes owned Phoenix.
Jan 02, 2018, 05:53 AM
Suspended Account
Sooo Ok ... were all excited but there is 2 things we need factor in here ...
Firstly we don't know what the model is for 2 more days ...
2nd : we don't know the size ...
3 rd : Its a hanger9 product ... It will be expensive

4th : Its got about as much chance of being a Bearcat ,, As me being able to access other forum here
besides this one .... ( Waves to the mods ) ...

Andy ...
Jan 02, 2018, 06:03 AM
Andy, have you been banned again
atleast you bring a smile and good spirit to the forum and a touch of herpes...

Quick Reply