Turnigy batteries any good - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2018, 05:12 PM
Discussion

Turnigy batteries any good

another newbie question found this battery in a 3s 30c 3200 mah are these a good battery? The price of this over the e-flight is about half at $22.00

Would love to here recommendations on batteries?

Not just looking cheap but longevity not worth buying if it only lasts half the life or does not perform..

What are you using?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2018, 05:43 PM
EFlite batteries are okay but VERY overpriced. There are many good options out there. Check out valuehobby.com (gforce), and china hobby line.
Jan 01, 2018, 05:43 PM
Turnigy batteries to me are very good for pricing and they perform with most other batteries, just take care of them and they will treat you very good.
I use Turnigy batteries in all my planes and monster trucks
Jan 01, 2018, 06:13 PM
fix-n-fly
Here is a link to a flite test video review of Turnigy battery:
Flite Test - Turnigy LiPo pack - REVIEW (7 min 21 sec)
. Note the actual testing doesn't take place until about the 3:30 mark. Hope this helps.

For what it is worth - I have been using the Turnigy nano-tech batteries for the last 3 years. Good quality and Hobby King has sales on them several times a year.
Jan 02, 2018, 03:28 PM
I got my first Turnigy blue (like the one in the picture in post #4) just over three years ago, after realising that more cheap packs is probably better than only a couple of expensive ones. So far none of them have failed. They're flown well within their theoretical amps rating, and are charged at 1C.
Jan 03, 2018, 10:05 AM
Marion
I've had good results with Turnigy batteries. That's about all I buy anymore.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:10 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
I've had very good results with Turnigy Zippy and Heavy duty lipos but not a good experience with Nanotechs.
I currently own six 6S 3300mAh 60C Turnigy Heay Duty packs which I use in my 30cc 3D planes on a 12S setup with great results. I do take good care of all my batteries (only balance charge, never let cells drop below 3.7V and never leave packs fully charged for more than 1 day).
I believe the majority of complaints about bad lipo performance is a result of bad use due to simple lack of information and proper care.
Ronaldo
Jan 04, 2018, 01:45 AM
I bought a set of Turnigys about 2 years ago. Iv always balanced charged them at 1c, never kept them fully charged for more then a week, never ran them to lvc , never ran them through a system that was to demanding for them and there still going strong. In my opinion they are well worth the money.
Jan 04, 2018, 09:16 AM
Bobbybrown
The standard Turnigy blue batteries are as good as any in their class. I have used them and also Zippy, Gens Ace, and China Hobby Line batteries, all with good results. I have not however, had good results with the Nanotech batteries. They tend to puff easily and don't last like the Turnigy and Zippy batteries.

I have to agree with everyone else that the Eflite packs are way over priced.
Jan 04, 2018, 12:29 PM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
EFlite batteries are okay but VERY overpriced. There are many good options out there. Check out valuehobby.com (gforce), and china hobby line.
i hate e flite battery's but i do use Turnigy the blue ones for my big Trex600 and my dad did in his logo690
i myself like the china hobby line battery's.
also check out Glacier. i have used them for years. i have mostly smaller ones but do have couple of 2200 4s
Jan 05, 2018, 11:46 AM
Ive had good luck with the turnigy light blue ones, and the nanotech ones i have (850 3s) have also fared well after 2 years of abuse and still working although the IR has crept up.

only time i lost any was it falling out the plane or over discharging one on a speed controller with no LVC
Jan 08, 2018, 02:02 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Most any of today's 30C rated lipo's will typically provide great performance and service life up to 15C - 20C. In the case of your 3200 mah example that would work out to roughly 50 - 60 amps. If you're needing something that can perform well and hold up a sustained 30C - 35C then you'll need to consider one of the good Graphene brands.

I believe many of us started out using the Turnigy Blues. They're probably the best bang for the buck however they are not graded consistently so you will have deal with the occasional DOA and weak performers. Since HobbyKing's customer support tends to suck it's usually less trouble to throw DOA's away instead of trying to get them warranty'd. But they're still a good value. It wasn't until I got into the higher performance demands of large EDF's that I had to move to different brands. Some of which I found to be way over priced and still under performed. So I started testing until I had a better understanding of my options: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-Comparisons

Joe

Quick Reply