happy new year!!! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 17, 2018, 06:29 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kollmann
Hey Denny, There is a P-47 here:

http://www.rcfbaircraft.com/
Is the P47 the same scale/class as your racers? It looks a little bigger?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2018, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank stocker2
I don't think so!?
That ghost looks very slow
Jan 18, 2018, 12:30 PM
We Shall see frank...
Did you build the little mustang with the stuff from the early Tiny racer?

I could probably be persuaded to make you another tiny racer airframe if not.

The mustang calls for a 2204 ( a little bigger) motor but it should go fine on the 1806, It's so tiny.

One of my next-do projects is a Czechmate version with a radial cowl and a 2600KV 2206. Maybe I'll do a P-47 for Denny while I'm at it...Pretty much just wing planform changes and a slightly different canopy/turtledeck.

I still don't think these little warbirds will be as nice to fly or as forgiving as the tiny racers...and far less durable, but they are fun to build!

I guess we'll see if they are any faster. But one thing for sure, mine will be faster than Franks!

Joe
Jan 18, 2018, 12:39 PM
Yes...the stickers make it go faster. Everyone knows this. Stickers = sponsors, sponsors=money, money=speed.

That's why NASA planes are fast. No richer sponsor than the federal governmnet. And nice stickers too!
Jan 18, 2018, 12:50 PM
Quote:
We Shall see frank...

The mustang calls for a 2204 ( a little bigger) motor but it should go fine on the 1806, It's so tiny.

One of my next-do projects is a Czechmate version with a radial cowl and a 2600KV 2206. Maybe I'll do a P-47 for Denny while I'm at it...Pretty much just wing planform changes and a slightly different canopy/turtledeck.

I still don't think these little warbirds will be as nice to fly or as forgiving as the tiny racers...and far less durable, but they are fun to build!

I guess we'll see if they are any faster. But one thing for sure, mine will be faster than Franks!

Joe
No way Joe! you will stick yours in the mud.-------
Jan 18, 2018, 12:51 PM
The scale P-47 is bigger, but it sure looks like a nice airframe.

A P-47 would be pretty easy to make out of the little mini mustang plans...just fishbelly the fuselage a bit under the wing and cut the wing and tails to Republic profiles and it would be pretty convincing with even the stock mustang bubble style canopy placed further forward.

The tiny racer is a bit larger than the mini mustang/corsair plans. I'm thinking of scaling them up so they would fly well and similarly on the same cheap (approved) stock class motor. It's a bitch though because you need to scale all of the foam thickness to compensate.
Jan 18, 2018, 01:06 PM

No Frank

No, Frank, I built this one specifically for landing in the mud.

For those interested its an AP KWAK foamboard version of the Jupiter duck.

Or for my purposes..." the mud-duck racer"

BTW , it's faster than franks Mustang, see the stickers? Very Important!
Jan 18, 2018, 01:13 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Quote:
The scale P-47 is bigger, but it sure looks like a nice airframe.
I would be happy to contribute to supplies and such if you wanna build a racer for me, but I would prefer to fly the little ones you have been building. I could do a Corsair or Mustang just fine. What stuff can I get for you? I really don't know anything about them.

Please make mine faster than Frank's too, thank you.

Hey Frank! There's a 50cc Aeroworks Yak air-frame only $225 on Craigslist this AM...
Jan 18, 2018, 01:25 PM

While you weren't looking

I also finished these while you guys were just goofing around. All of them have stickers , which will make them fast
Jan 18, 2018, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Wright
I would be happy to contribute to supplies and such if you wanna build a racer for me, but I would prefer to fly the little ones you have been building. I could do a Corsair or Mustang just fine. What stuff can I get for you? I really don't know anything about them.

Hey Frank! There's a 50cc Aeroworks Yak air-frame only $225 on Craigslist this AM...
Hah! I meant do the plans for the P-47.

I have motors and esc's and such for the tiny racers and the mini mustang/corsair.

Plans for the little warbirds are here. $30 for both

https://store.flitetest.com/mini-warbird-combo-pack/

It's almost not worth cutting your own at that price, plus you get all the sticks and wires.
Jan 18, 2018, 03:19 PM
Quote:
We Shall see frank...

Joe
Joe! ---- the tiny racer is still good to go! still looking for some super fast stickers
Jan 18, 2018, 05:16 PM
Whoops! I meant to link the mini mustang and corsair plans but did the speedbuild kit instead.

Here is a link to the mustang and corsair plans

http://www.stonekap.net/ftplans/FT%2...v1.0%20AIO.pdf

http://www.stonekap.net/ftplans/FT%2...v1.0%20AIO.pdf

Full and tiled plans are in these PDF's.
Jan 18, 2018, 07:40 PM
Quote:
We Shall see frank...

Joe
I don't think so
Frank
Jan 18, 2018, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Wright

Thanks Denny!
Jan 30, 2018, 12:13 PM
Well... I maidened Five Airplanes Sunday and here are the results:

Galloping Ghost was FAST! TINY and hard to see but FAST! must be the stickers. A lot harder to launch safely (underhand worked best) Pretty stable and groovy in the air. A lot more demanding to fly than the Tiny Racers. Did I say it was fast? I bet it's going 65-70 vs the tiny racers at 35-45. Less forgiving and doesn't turn as well either . It will be interesting to see if the mini - warbirds can really run the course as well as the super-easy, confident, quick -turning Tiny Racers. It only has two or three seconds on the straight to take advantage of the higher speed before some big arcing turn so it could be a wash.

Baby Brit 2-cell...FAST...A handfull to fly though. Like a smaller Super-bee. Goes like hell but doesn't want to fly straight and level. On our tiny racer motors and 3-cells this thing would be interesting to say the least. Survived a snap roll into the mud zero damage. It builds with a single sheet of board in about two Hours. Much simpler than the Tiny racer. It has an APC 5x4.5 prop with a prop saver which is a good idea as it is just as likely to crash as land safely.

The KWAK (Jupiter Duck) flies really well. Not underpowered despite the little two cell and 1250 KV motor. Does a stupidly perfect high speed step turn and the water handling is EXCELLENT. Did a couple of ROG runway takeoffs and it does fine but you need to wait until there is enough speed to make the elevator work, then it's fine. With the short span elliptical wing it has a nasty tip-stall. I slatted it into the water ad despite being half submerged for some time It is back up and ready with a new ESC. It looks kind of comical in the air as on the ground, but It's a deceivingly nice flying airplane. It would work fine on an 1806 or 2205 on 3 cell as wel. Very light and very fun build. It looks even more "cartoony" than the Sea Duck.

My own design Cassutt IIIm flies Great! Frank says it's dismally slow but he was flying with a crappy battery. It flies like a sportier Sig seniorita but looks like a Pylon Racer! Ground Handling and takeoff are trainer-like. Landing is super-easy. Maybe I'll make a fast one as I bet this would take 500-800 watts pretty well. Everything including the wire gear and wheel pants held-up to even a few rough landings. FLew eight batteries through it and it was very satisfying to have a first day with a fresh design fly so very well.

The new Flyzone Seawind is, well, slow and woefully underpowered. It does takeoff and fly and the gear, flaps and the looks are cool, but I don't think it would loop from level flight and it would likely have a hard time getting off the water in all but ideal conditions. Barely holds altitude at 80% throttle. Aside from that, it flies pretty decently. Sort of a letdown. I hear people are getting better results on 4S, But the whole idea was to have a seawind to use up all the 2200-3000 MAH 3-cells I have around. for fun , the seaduck puts it to shame.

SO, Foamboard RULES! Flyzone is weak as always and needs different motors and setups to be made to fly decently. Small airplanes are difficult and "MY" designs all fly the best.

Quick Reply