Jan 06, 2018, 02:13 AM
Adam RED Weston
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay
Kinda, sorta. I've had to beg him the last couple years to do it. If I had to guess I'd think old will become new again at some point.

It's all good,
Rj
Era? It's only been since 2011 with this title...

I think you just need to wait for young too become older really...

I'll keep lurking, and it will be nice to have Rick in charge of updating the first post!

RED
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2018, 09:18 PM
Joseph Conrad

Calendar and Quiver

Really grateful to see the new calendar out! Thanks for doing this and all the hard work coordinating contests.

Quiver:
Snipe2 UHM (flew for first time today in Phoenix contest 78-degree weather, heading back up to Seattle in two weeks for tax season)
Snipe Light x 2
Flitz2 x 2
Vortex3 x 2
Cx5 x 2 (on order, not seen yet, told wings were finished 4 weeks ago by Rollo - shipping issues, no news)

TX: DX9

I love this stuff!!

-Conrad

PS - Banks ... a change of planes, awesome. As if you needed something better to beat us with

PPS - Web the Vortex3 (orange) I got from you this past year ... is a magical plane.

PPPS - When RED raises his head again, watch out! ... it will be times 3 (him and his two boys), that puts the rest of us fighting for 7th spot every contest! (Banks, Tim, Web, Red and his 2 boys)
Jan 06, 2018, 10:21 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
yes I have seen the paint job on my C-x 5 but no word on the eta of the shipment ...im eager to try that one out as well.
Jan 07, 2018, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Sloper
As for the Quiver, I'll probably continue w/ the current Snipes. Thought about trying out a Flitz or Stream, but we will see...
...OH YEAH, I ordered a Flare in like June of last year or something to get on the pre-order list. IF that arrives this year I might give it a throw.

Hi Thomas and Nick .
I heard a couple days ago that all pre order models are molded and finishing post production now... should be shipping soon I think!
Jan 07, 2018, 09:58 PM
Hopefully the shipping delays with the CX5’s will be over soon... we had a ton of delayed parcels as well in Dec but I think almost all have been back on track since Christmas. Fingers crossed for Rollo and all the guys waiting on the 5’s
Jan 09, 2018, 02:49 AM
Rick Rogahn
Yeah, saw that on the other thread; thanks Thomas. Looking forward to flying with you this year, I seem to remember a contest a couple years ago at the Carnation Farm where you sky'd out an Aerial between a couple of trees .
Jan 09, 2018, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Yeah, saw that on the other thread; thanks Thomas. Looking forward to flying with you this year, I seem to remember a contest a couple years ago at the Carnation Farm where you sky'd out an Aerial between a couple of trees .
That was a pretty good flight... 2014 I think
Jan 20, 2018, 08:34 PM
Scott Fintel

Portland DLG Flying

A bit chilly here in Portland, but Craig and I went to the PASS field. Sustained winds at around 10mph, with gusts up to ~18, per Craig's wind-o-meter-detection tool. Supposedly, was 63 degrees, but felt like 40.

As you can imagine, Craig flew like a pro - i tried a few flights, but without ballast, was pretty squirrly flying. Got some nice drone video though!

JanuaryPASSCompetion (1 min 1 sec)

Looking forward to the PNW season for sure-
Scott
Jan 21, 2018, 08:31 PM
plays with toy planes
I'm super glad that you're bringing your cinema skills with you wherever you go, Scott. Thanks! Look forward to flying with you this season.
Jan 28, 2018, 03:01 PM
Matt Haugh

2018 Oly Dates

We are proposing the following 2018 Oly contest dates.
None planned for July as our family will be in Europe all month.

May 5
June 2
August 25
September 22
Jan 29, 2018, 12:37 PM
Rick Rogahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy
None planned for July as our family will be in Europe all month.
Yeah buddy, nice .

On the July front, since SASS is not hosting either. We should get a big group and do the PASS contest, yeah? Given the schedule, I'm already going to be missing the May (annual event) and August (officiating a wedding, seriously) contests before the season starts. Might be hitting more Oly contests this year .
Jan 29, 2018, 02:53 PM
Matt Haugh
Quote:
Yeah buddy, nice .

On the July front, since SASS is not hosting either. We should get a big group and do the PASS contest, yeah? Given the schedule, I'm already going to be missing the May (annual event) and August (officiating a wedding, seriously) contests before the season starts. Might be hitting more Oly contests this year .
We'd love to have you down here!
I officiated a wedding a while back. It was a pretty cool experience.
Jan 29, 2018, 04:55 PM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
First post updated with Oly. I count 20 contests this year from Portland to Seattle, should get your fill of contests eh!

July, Portland, hmm, I like the sound of that!

Rj
Feb 18, 2018, 05:26 AM
Received a phone call earlier today from my cousin Gordon in Petaluma, He called to inform me cousin Lori who lived in Encinitas passed away last Thursday so I probably won't be going to Poway this year.
Feb 18, 2018, 11:07 AM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
My condolences, sorry for your loss Roy.

Rj

Quick Reply