Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by 420TEE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 01, 2018, 06:50 PM
Registered User
24 tonight in Houston a real cold spell for us !
Jan 01, 2018, 11:09 PM
Fast electric boats maybe
Jeffro Bodine's Avatar
Same here 420tee ,I dont live far from you here in Tn. damn rite it a bit nipply out there bro!
Jan 02, 2018, 07:15 AM
Registered User
Jerome Morris's Avatar
When it's cold out you might just as well get dressed and go out for a hike.
Sunshine is good for you right?
This very exposed view is looking south west toward lower penobscot bay from a elevation of 625'
016 (0 min 15 sec)
Jan 02, 2018, 09:53 AM
Big Boats Rule!
boater_dave's Avatar
It's been a stretch of near zero temps (negative at night, barely positive during the day) for a couple of weeks now in Wisconsin. Took a walk across the ice the other day. High winds made you feel really cold, but once you made the turn and went with the wind it wasn't too bad.

There's no such thing as cold, only improper clothing, right?


Dave
Jan 02, 2018, 02:30 PM
Registered User
mike woodyard's Avatar
Single digits here in East Liverpool Ohio. We soaked a t-shirt in water and put it on a hanger and hung it on the porch. 2 minutes later frozen solid. Bet my son 10 bucks to try and put it on. My wallet is $10 lighter but worth it. Never laughed so hard.
Jan 02, 2018, 03:11 PM
RBW's sock puppet account.
RaisedByWolves's Avatar
I enjoyed a nice half hour drive into work this morning in 9* weather with no heat in the truck.

Gonna have to fix that some day.
Jan 02, 2018, 04:23 PM
Boats on the brain!!
green-boat's Avatar
The vans thermometer this morning said 0 degrees on the way to work.
Jan 02, 2018, 04:23 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
It was probably just frozen there

Andy
Jan 02, 2018, 04:38 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
haxawsnavy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Morris
When it's cold out you might just as well get dressed and go out for a hike.
Sunshine is good for you right?
This very exposed view is looking south west toward lower penobscot bay from a elevation of 625'
https://youtu.be/mixCA7W-Cig
Quote:
Originally Posted by boater_dave
It's been a stretch of near zero temps (negative at night, barely positive during the day) for a couple of weeks now in Wisconsin. Took a walk across the ice the other day. High winds made you feel really cold, but once you made the turn and went with the wind it wasn't too bad.

There's no such thing as cold, only improper clothing, right?


Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves
I enjoyed a nice half hour drive into work this morning in 9* weather with no heat in the truck.

Gonna have to fix that some day.
To ALL my friends there in frozen tundra lands,.....:censored : How the friggin crap can you survive like that,??? So much on you can't move n then you'll be like "who killed Kenny",!!! We got temps down to 10*F here @ 8am today W/ the sun out,!! I can't stand it 2 days let alone how ya'll do it for 4 months and LAUGH about it,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax P.S. Guess Paradise of FLA. spoiled me before I moved here,!!
Jan 02, 2018, 04:39 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Bob Gaito's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-boat
The vans thermometer this morning said 0 degrees on the way to work.
Fahrenheit or celsius?-
My dad used to work for Pan Am in Newfoundland and he would tell me they had to do quick turns on the connies and stratocruisers but if they couldn't do it in a certain time (I don't remember how long) the engine oil would be too cold to start the engines and they had to put the aircraft in the hangar (too cold for perheaters) causing hours of delays...But the passengers would not board the plane ,they would just stand on the ramp and spectate the aurora borealis!!-they also had a man standing guard watching the mechanics for signs of hypothermia to make them take a break....you know, I can do 0 degrees.
Our Great South Bay is almost frozen ...in the early 80s it froze so solid thet people were 4wheelin on it every so often they would loose a truck and in the spring the police/ coast guard had to remove the vehicle and they charged the owner the fee. (No names) but people were doing touch and go s with small planes on the ice.
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Jan 02, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
Jan 02, 2018, 04:40 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
If it gets really cold, we'll let you know Tim!

Andy
Jan 02, 2018, 05:00 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
haxawsnavy's Avatar

Theres the Farenheight, Celeious, n NOW the HX scale .!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gaito
Fahrenheit or celsius?-
My dad used to work for Pan Am in Newfoundland and he would tell me they had to do quick turns on the connies and stratocruisers but if they couldn't do it in a certain time (I don't remember how long) the engine oil would be too cold to start the engines and they had to put the aircraft in the hangar (too cold for perheaters) causing hours of delays...But the passengers would not board the plane ,they would just stand on the ramp and spectate the aurora borealis!!-they also had a man standing guard watching the mechanics for signs of hypothermia to make them take a break....you know, I can do 0 degrees.
Our Great South Bay is almost frozen ...in the early 80s it froze so solid thet people were 4wheelin on it every so often they would loose a truck and in the spring the police/ coast guard had to remove the vehicle and they charged the owner the fee. (No names) but people were doing touch and go s with small planes on the ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
If it gets really cold, we'll let you know Tim!

Andy
The HX (Haxawsnavy variation) scale goes like this,....... 60* becomes "ZERO" or anything below it is considered "freezing to death",!!! Hence our 10* F WUZ 50 below "FREEZZING to death" (think Hypothermia here), You CAN"T put enough clothes ON n move to stay warm, How n Why ya'll LIKE it ,??? ( Ohio born but transplanted @ an early age so I can't even tolerate winter visits to my kin,!! (unfortunately). Tim aka Cap,n Hax
Jan 02, 2018, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro Bodine
Same here 420tee ,I dont live far from you here in Tn. damn rite it a bit nipply out there bro!
I live in a 150 year old farmhouse that was never built for this crap. I may have to sell it just to pay the gas bill. Damn thing rarely shuts off.
Jan 02, 2018, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Robert Pulse's Avatar

Furnace


Here in Iowa the furnace is cycling every 20 minutes or so. We run the heat at 64 degrees. All the cats sleep with us and the dog sleeps by the heat duct in the bedroom on my side of the bed. It is 7 degrees here tonite and rising. Supposed to be in the 30's this weekend. I think its funny that its something like 20 degrees in florida and 40 in alaska. Global warming? I think mother nature has been hitting all the states that have legalized pot so thats why the weather is like it is.
Bob
Jan 03, 2018, 07:00 AM
Registered User
Jerome Morris's Avatar
There's no such thing as cold, only improper clothing, right?
So very true!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flying in the cold...BRRRR Flying Low Parkflyers 25 Dec 06, 2002 04:44 PM