Brrrr - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by 420TEE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 01, 2018, 09:36 AM
Discussion

Brrrr

5* this morning in balmy TN. 20* in Juneau , Alaska. ?????
Jan 01, 2018, 11:14 AM
-10 and no power 7:30 today, Hope Maine
Jan 01, 2018, 11:36 AM
I took this at 9:08 this morning.

After it started warming up...

Andy
Jan 01, 2018, 11:49 AM
Slept in late, being new years day and all, got up about 10 and checked the weather here in Minneapolis. -10, with a wind chill of -23, think i'll go back to bed.
Jan 01, 2018, 12:21 PM
Grumpa Tom
It's that darned Global Warming that Al Gore warned us about!
Jan 01, 2018, 02:36 PM
Same global warming here in SE Wisconsin.
it's 68F in my workshop.
This is what I tell my uncle when he calls complaining about 50 cold weather at Port Richie Fl!

We are in second day of wind chills to -36F outside. Good reason to stay inside and work on projects.

Happy New Years everyone.
Jim
Jan 01, 2018, 03:02 PM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
This will warm you up..home made gulaschsuppe over egg noodles, seasoned cornbread with onions an cheese...not pictured is the black eyed peas that my wife wanted... not a fan myself😁
Happy New Year!
Jan 01, 2018, 04:31 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshander
We are in second day of wind chills to -36F outside.
Yikes!!

The coldest I ever experienced was +3F with a wind chill. That was cold enough. For the first time I realized that the expression "chilled to the bone" was for real!
Jan 01, 2018, 04:49 PM
I live in Massachusetts and were having one of the worst cold spells I can remember
It's been in the single digets at nite for over a week now and if we get to double digits during the day were lucky ....then factor the wind
Good luck jeno
Jan 01, 2018, 05:40 PM
Yeah... got the generator going, Power came back... managed to thaw the frozen pipe, in the model room, after three days. Ah well. Winter.. love it, or move.... or not.
Big pot of chili on the stove. The wife and I can snuggle in bed and play tugboat...toot toot!
Jan 01, 2018, 05:47 PM
I was stationed in New Hampshire and spent many a night working on the flight line at well below zero with the hawk blowing straight down from the Arctic circle, usually bare handed because you can't thread 3/8" nuts or safety wire with gloves on. Of course I was in my 20's then, 50 years ago. Cold is colder now.
Jan 01, 2018, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnchvs
I live in Massachusetts and were having one of the worst cold spells I can remember
It's been in the single digets at nite for over a week now and if we get to double digits during the day were lucky ....then factor the wind
Good luck jeno
We've been getting UP TO the single digits in the day!

Andy
Jan 01, 2018, 06:52 PM
Just wait for six months... then I'll complain about the sun burn, humidity, tourists, traffic... oh what the h..l. What else is there to complain about.....hard water?
Jan 01, 2018, 06:57 PM

Cold temps

Its just b4 6:00 pm here in Davenport Iowa.
Its -12 degrees wind is 10 to 15 mph. Weatherman just said -29 degrees windchill. Makes me just want to go crawl under the blankets and stay there. Of course the dog wants to go outside every 15 minutes then I have to go out and get her as she just wants to stand just out of reach of the shoveled sidewalk in the snow.
Bob.
Jan 01, 2018, 07:37 PM
TV weather said we had a high of 0 here today and set a new record for overnight low at -14.

Andy

Quick Reply