Runcam split mini - HD for micros @15g - Page 4 - RC Groups
May 03, 2018, 04:14 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Had issues when I trusted HGLRC's amperage rating for their zues' 5v rail. Mini split working good for me since I wired up a plololu.
What kind of problems did you have?

Mine keeps locking up intermittently (both the FPV feed as well as the recording) resulting in crashes. The cable seems to be attached fine under the clamping retainer. Powered from a 4s source.

It's gotten so bad that I am afraid to fly that quad.
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2018, 10:25 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
What kind of problems did you have?

Mine keeps locking up intermittently (both the FPV feed as well as the recording) resulting in crashes. The cable seems to be attached fine under the clamping retainer. Powered from a 4s source.

It's gotten so bad that I am afraid to fly that quad.
image would lock up with a frozen screen. would have to disarm and let it drop.

after i installed pololu i flew it with the split and a separate VTX and cam for 20 packs , just so i could be sure i could trust it.
been over 100 packs now without a blip. (well other than once or twice that the split did not power up right, and just had a black screen. replugging the pack back in makes it work again)
May 05, 2018, 09:08 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
image would lock up with a frozen screen. would have to disarm and let it drop.

after i installed pololu i flew it with the split and a separate VTX and cam for 20 packs , just so i could be sure i could trust it.

been over 100 packs now without a blip. (well other than once or twice that the split did not power up right, and just had a black screen. replugging the pack back in makes it work again)

Perhaps my lockup problem is due to noise on the main battery line. Perhaps itís time to add a capacitor to smooth things out.
May 05, 2018, 09:36 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
Perhaps my lockup problem is due to noise on the main battery line. Perhaps itís time to add a capacitor to smooth things out.
I had a cap. They only thing that helped was steady 5v from a step down converter.
May 09, 2018, 07:26 AM
Crash=start of next project
I want to use the mini on a Nano Goblin but the extension cable is too short for this application. Does anyone know if there is a longer extension cable available, like on the regular Split?
Thanks
May 09, 2018, 09:26 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg
I want to use the mini on a Nano Goblin but the extension cable is too short for this application. Does anyone know if there is a longer extension cable available, like on the regular Split?
Thanks
id ask runcam via email. they will have an answer.
May 11, 2018, 01:01 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Built this...
Neato Fastback HGLRC XJB F440 RunCam split mini (14 min 57 sec)
nothing but jello city over here.. soft mounted the motors, soft mounted the split, tuned tpa, tuned PIDs, different props still jello /shrug.. I run mine from the HGLRC TX-20 v2 that has a 5v 3A output and use a genuine Sandisk U3 card plus kept the heat transfer pad between the boards and no lock ups here at all just jello.. took the camera apart and put some soft foam between the sensor and back plate so I'll see if that was it..
May 11, 2018, 01:51 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle
Built this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNpCy_xCFQ nothing but jello city over here.. soft mounted the motors, soft mounted the split, tuned tpa, tuned PIDs, different props still jello /shrug.. I run mine from the HGLRC TX-20 v2 that has a 5v 3A output and use a genuine Sandisk U3 card plus kept the heat transfer pad between the boards and no lock ups here at all just jello.. took the camera apart and put some soft foam between the sensor and back plate so I'll see if that was it..
perhaps its a loose internal lens causing the jello? unfortunately its not something that can be trouble shot until you just try a new lens.
May 14, 2018, 01:47 AM
Hi,

I have some whiteouts of some sort. Its wired to a 5v out from the vtx (Matek), would it be better with pure lipo power?

Spitfire #1, Maiden (2 min 4 sec)
May 14, 2018, 09:44 PM
i don't own the split mini but i'm curious what SD card you're using? (nice flying, until the end anyway)
May 14, 2018, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongsr
i don't own the split mini but i'm curious what SD card you're using? (nice flying, until the end anyway)
Thanks

It's a 32GB card that worked fine in my runcam 3, I even formatted it again. I could try another though.
May 15, 2018, 10:05 AM
i just would expect analog / power issues to affect more than a single frame or two. it looks more like a digital encoding problem which is why i asked about the SD card. yeah try a different voltage and note what you try that doesn't work to try to eliminate causes.
May 15, 2018, 10:56 AM
Tried a Kingston and a SanDisk, both works fine in runcam 3 and gopro session but has the same issue here.
Next lipo power, after that a cap. Or the other way around. ��
May 15, 2018, 10:56 AM
can you just bench test with a different power source? does it do it while the quad is off?
May 15, 2018, 11:57 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongsr
can you just bench test with a different power source? does it do it while the quad is off?
yeah. does it do it when run from usb port for power?

Quick Reply