Runcam split mini - HD for micros @15g - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 31, 2017, 02:49 PM
New Product

Runcam split mini - HD for micros @15g

There is a new runcam split coming from Runcam, this one is for 20x20 form factor and a smaller (micro swift sized) camera, it will be great for smaller "legal" drones to get HD recording

https://www.banggood.com/es/RunCam-Split-Mini-FOV-130-Degree-1080P60fps-WDR-Low-Latency-FPV-Camera-for-RC-Drone-p-1248767.html

Specification:
FOV Angle of Field: FPV FOV 130 / Recording FOV 165
Video Resolution: 1080@60fps / 1080@30fps / 720@60fps
Video Files: MOV
Image Resolution: 2 MP
TV Output: NTSC (720*480) / PAL (720*576) Switchable
Interface: Micro USB / UART
Max Micro SD Card Supported: 64G(need Class 6 or above, recommend Class 10/UHS-I/UHS-II)
Hole Distance of Installation: 20*20mm
Dimensions: PCB 27*29mm / Lens Module 19*19mm
Power Input: DC 5-17V/DC 5V(USB)
Working Current: 650mA @5V / 270mA @12V
Weight: 15g

Features:
1080P/60fps HD recording & WDR FPV camera
Power-off protection for video files
Low latency TV-OUT
Wide voltage (5-17V)
Anti-drop SD card

Last edited by sevet; Jan 05, 2018 at 08:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2018, 05:17 AM
Watching with anticipation...
Jan 01, 2018, 06:10 AM
2mp again? It would be great if they offer a cam with >10mp. Ofc this will result in higher latency but this is AP/AV section not only fpv?
Jan 01, 2018, 11:40 AM
Great use for these cams. If the fpv feed freezes on a nano quad you can just go find it in your yard
Jan 05, 2018, 08:50 AM
Just popped up for Pre-Order @Banggood, updated the OP.
Jan 05, 2018, 11:23 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO.
anyone want to take the over/under on having 20 different threads on this thing before it even launches?
Jan 10, 2018, 08:04 AM
This appears to be the only thread so far, so maybe it will be the "official" one. Andy RC's review of this is up if you guys haven't seen it:

RunCam Split Mini (19 min 53 sec)

-Dustin
Jan 10, 2018, 08:07 AM
Any of you guys planning to put one of these in a 3" frame? I've been looking and there aren't many options that will fit this and get the camera far forward enough to get the props out of view. Flex RC did say they're working on some new frames for this specific camera though, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm hoping it will be something that supports a top mounted battery as well to get a better CG for freestyle.

-Dustin
Jan 16, 2018, 04:03 AM
Just started to rebuild my JET-110 with the runcam split mini. After installing the split, there is still enough space for the FC vtx rx.
Jan 22, 2018, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
Any of you guys planning to put one of these in a 3" frame? I've been looking and there aren't many options that will fit this and get the camera far forward enough to get the props out of view. Flex RC did say they're working on some new frames for this specific camera though, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm hoping it will be something that supports a top mounted battery as well to get a better CG for freestyle.

-Dustin
A friend of mine put it on a (what used to be a Leader 120mm now is just the bottom plate of a Leader and everything different) 120mm quad, at 93g, this is the output (forgive the quality, its from a whatsup message he sent haha):

Mini split test on 120mm 2.5" (1 min 23 sec)
Jan 23, 2018, 03:12 AM

Really, no WiFi???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet
A friend of mine put it on a (what used to be a Leader 120mm now is just the bottom plate of a Leader and everything different) 120mm quad, at 93g, this is the output (forgive the quality, its from a whatsup message he sent haha):

https://youtu.be/jKDuBtjs-jo
great night recording, although it's hardly "low"-light with all the high brightness street lights....

Anyway, really, no WiFi???

How set it up if you don't have any FPV gear like me?
Can we set it up through USB~PC connection?
Does it start recording AUTOMATICALLY when power applied to USB?
Last edited by dirkzelf; Jan 23, 2018 at 03:23 AM.
Jan 23, 2018, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
great night recording, although it's hardly "low"-light with all the high brightness street lights....

Anyway, really, no WiFi???

How set it up if you don't have any FPV gear like me?
Can we set it up through USB~PC connection?
Does it start recording AUTOMATICALLY when power applied to USB?
I never use the Wifi even on the regular split 2,
All the setting can be done through the camera live stream and buttons (problem w/o FPV).
There is actually nothing to setup from the default - 1080p60fps, NTSC
You can't set it up from USB
It starts recording as soon as you connect power, not sure if through USB power, it its connected to a PC it will start as "mass storage" and not record, didn't try to connect just USB power.
Jan 29, 2018, 01:38 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
it start recording AUTOMATICALLY when power applied to USB?

Yes, as long as it is purely power. If there is a serial connection detect (like when you connect it to a PC), it will not record.
Jan 31, 2018, 08:06 AM
Austrian FPV Freak
Hi guys, just finished my review where I compare mini with the Split2, do latency tests and show sample footage (no flying tho).
Runcam Split MINI - smaller but better? (9 min 28 sec)

I like the cam. It's a compromise - but enables you to use an HD cam where weight is critical...
Jan 31, 2018, 02:50 PM
Surely Runcam could fit this package, plus a small battery in an enclosure smaller than a GoPro and we could have the runcam 4?

Quick Reply