May 15, 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
yeah. does it do it when run from usb port for power?
Haven't even though about if it records with USB power?
I'll check. Haven't seen it in the feed though, just in the recordings.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2018, 06:46 PM
If clean power / a good SD card doesn't fix it, I'd start to wonder if the main board has an issue and needs to go back.
May 15, 2018, 06:52 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Max Micro SD Card Supported 64G(need Class 6 or above, recommend Class 10/UHS-I/UHS-II)
cards i use with split

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pololu i use

May 16, 2018, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongsr
If clean power / a good SD card doesn't fix it, I'd start to wonder if the main board has an issue and needs to go back.
It even happens on the bench, with the motor not running, so it should be clean. Unless the bec on the vtx can generate dirty power by itself?

I've already written to banggood who replyed extremely politely that they are contacting their reseller.
May 16, 2018, 01:19 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomus
I've already written to banggood who replyed extremely politely that they are contacting their reseller.
And so begins the usual run-around routine! All designed to stall for time and wear you down until you either buy another one or just give up.
May 16, 2018, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
cards i use with split

pololu i use
Thanks for posting the links. I'm planning to put together a build in the next month or so and will probably just go ahead and get the pololu you linked to make sure I don't have any video problems. I've had to try to fix a noisy FPV feed before and it's maddening.

-Dustin
Aug 10, 2018, 08:04 AM
I give up!!!

I can’t get rid of the fpv video noise. I first connected it to the fc bec (3a) and was bad, changed vtx, still the same, I then connected to the battery directly, same. I then bought a polou and still the same. Almost unflyable. Managed to get rid of most of the jellow by soft mounting everything at least!
I cannot reccomend this runcam split mini, i hate it, wish I didn’t buy it now, going to bin it and buy the caddex version.
Bad bad Runcam - not happy.
Aug 10, 2018, 03:43 PM
UPDATE:
Didn’t want to throw the towel in so I tried 1 last thing. I stripped out the camera in my x140 and made a few adjustments to accommodate the split mini and hey presto, at last I have no fpv noise!! Just hope it doesn’t start freezing again now it’s connected to a fc......
Aug 10, 2018, 05:26 PM
so what was causing noise in the other setup?
Aug 10, 2018, 05:41 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Certain esc / motor combos have more noise than others.
Aug 20, 2018, 04:30 AM
Anyone tried the 2.0 firmware update for the split mini yet?

Quote:
1. Optimize the recording effect.
2. Optimize the TV-OUT (FPV) effect.
3. Add Saturation and Contrast options.
4. Modify the OSD menu style.
5. Remove the Volume and Date stamp options of the OSD Menu.
Anyone got a review/video that compares it to the old one?

https://www.runcam.com/download/runcamsplitmini
Aug 20, 2018, 01:21 PM
Settings affect fpv feed too, quick rundown :

Runcam Split Mini New Firmware 2.0 Menu/Settings - Contrast/Saturation/Brightness! (1 min 10 sec)
Aug 21, 2018, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface
Anyone tried the 2.0 firmware update for the split mini yet?

Anyone got a review/video that compares it to the old one?

https://www.runcam.com/download/runcamsplitmini
Please tell me they fixed the latency:-) I have the Caddx turtle on another drone and I can't fly my RunCam Split mini drone anymore, too much latency.
Aug 21, 2018, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr1089
Please tell me they fixed the latency:-) I have the Caddx turtle on another drone and I can't fly my RunCam Split mini drone anymore, too much latency.
I'm not sure about this, but I think I saw something about the SD card speed could affect latency. Or was that the turtle?
Aug 21, 2018, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomus
I'm not sure about this, but I think I saw something about the SD card speed could affect latency. Or was that the turtle?
IIRC latency is pretty much the same as with the caddx even on the old firmware (I think there are some youtube reviews who checked this)
Just make sure to run 1080p 60 fps NTSC and fullscreen (so non letterboxed fpv view), also make sure the datestamp is disabled.

I have both the caddx and the turtle and notice no real difference in latency but thats subjective.

Quick Reply