Dec 31, 2017, 01:05 PM
Question

real time altimiter display

utter newbie legion here, I was fascinated this week to see someone flying a small foam wing like my own ultrabasic model.

his chap had something inside his wing that was feeding data to his radio and on his radio, he had a separate screen showing height in feet.

Now at the moment as a newbie i have no fpv fitted, or any other toys, bells or whistles, which will come later, but i like the idea of a basic height display

what do i need to fit something like this cheaply
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2017, 01:34 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
You need a telemetry capable transmitter/receiver with an altitude sensor .
Jan 02, 2018, 09:23 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekeeper legion
utter newbie legion here, I was fascinated this week to see someone flying a small foam wing like my own ultrabasic model.

his chap had something inside his wing that was feeding data to his radio and on his radio, he had a separate screen showing height in feet.

Now at the moment as a newbie i have no fpv fitted, or any other toys, bells or whistles, which will come later, but i like the idea of a basic height display

what do i need to fit something like this cheaply
Just get a TX and RX with telemetry and an altitude sensor.

I'd suggest a Frsky Taranis, then you can either get a barometric altitude sensor or a GPS sensor. GPS is less accurate for altitude, but gives you GPS.
Jan 03, 2018, 06:57 AM
thank you both for those replies. I shall look into it. its a very basic 3 channel beginners set up I own right now and it has no room to expand on the radio, i shall look into changing the system set up

Quick Reply