Trump pulls brakes on $13B Obama-backed rail-tunnel plan - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 31, 2017, 08:47 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Trump pulls brakes on $13B Obama-backed rail-tunnel plan


Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...nnel-plan.html

An Obama-era plan to have the federal government finance half of a $13 billion rail tunnel project ran into a red light Friday from the Trump administration.

The plan, proposed under President Barack Obama in 2015, includes revitalizing a deteriorating Amtrak tunnel connecting New Jersey to New York City, repairing damage to a dual-tunnel conduit, and reconstructing the New Jersey railroad network’s aging Portal Bridge, Crain’s New York Business reported.

Amtrak, which owns most of the rail tunnels and tracks between Boston and Washington, D.C., contends that the existing tunnel connecting New Jersey and New York City is damaged and could fail within 10 to 15 years, threatening daily rail transportation in the Northeast.


The original Obama-era plan called for costs to be split among New York state, New Jersey and the federal government.





Clyde
Dec 31, 2017, 08:50 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Big Foot 48's Avatar
Read this article if you want to see why funding anything in Democrat-union controlled areas will result in HUGE costs: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/n...ion-costs.html

Quote:
The estimated cost of the Long Island Rail Road project, known as “East Side Access,” has ballooned to $12 billion, or nearly $3.5 billion for each new mile of track — seven times the average elsewhere in the world. T
Good for Trump. Just say NO!
Dec 31, 2017, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
Winning.

Thank you Mr. Trump.
Dec 31, 2017, 09:57 AM
Registered User

Trumps MAGA again


Screw all Ds & Rs that use the tunnels & bridges in the USA. .............

Actually ALL that transportation money will go to the billionaires SECOND kickback to the super rich. In 2018.


Brain dead liar again on everything he said & promised since being elected........ Simple endless lies. Vote Republican !!
Dec 31, 2017, 10:02 AM
Registered User
Trump knows how to tear down......... incapable of creating anything............ No Leader
Dec 31, 2017, 11:49 AM
Altitude is my friend...
Depronicus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck711
Trump knows how to tear down......... incapable of creating anything............ No Leader
His legendary vindictiveness has no limit. He lives to get even with people. It's the driving force in his life.

New York and New Jersey are deep blue. New York City voters, who've been putting up with him for decades, utterly rejected him in the election. He got thoroughly trounced in New Jersey, too.

The plan is Obama's work. Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to get even with Obama for the 2011 White House Correspondent's dinner. Trump will never forget it.

"... the existing tunnel connecting New Jersey and New York City is damaged and could fail within 10 to 15 years, threatening daily rail transportation in the Northeast."

Perfect. He can really, really screw up all those people who didn't vote for him, and deliver another jab to Obama at the same time. There's no way he can resist it! It's all he could ask for!
.
Dec 31, 2017, 12:11 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
His legendary vindictiveness has no limit. He lives to get even with people. It's the driving force in his life.

New York and New Jersey are deep blue. New York City voters, who've been putting up with him for decades, utterly rejected him in the election. He got thoroughly trounced in New Jersey, too.

The plan is Obama's work. Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to get even with Obama for the 2011 White House Correspondent's dinner. Trump will never forget it.

"... the existing tunnel connecting New Jersey and New York City is damaged and could fail within 10 to 15 years, threatening daily rail transportation in the Northeast."

Perfect. He can really, really screw up all those people who didn't vote for him, and deliver another jab to Obama at the same time. There's no way he can resist it! It's all he could ask for!
.

Sounds like a plan to me, a sound one as well.

Hussein Obama Publicly Insinuates Trump Will NEVER Be President (0 min 21 sec)




Clyde
Dec 31, 2017, 01:04 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Depronicus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor

Sounds like a plan to me, a sound one as well.
Glad to see you're not disputing why he's doing it.

Your above graphic further confirms it, of course. Trump is beyond thin-skinned. What a punk he is.
Dec 31, 2017, 01:10 PM
Registered User
sdigrazia1's Avatar
Trumpeto is backing winners, did you complain when the Kenyan backed his loosers?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
Glad to see you're not disputing why he's doing it.

Your above graphic further confirms it, of course. Trump is beyond thin-skinned. What a punk he is.
Last edited by sdigrazia1; Dec 31, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
Dec 31, 2017, 01:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
Glad to see you're not disputing why he's doing it.

Your above graphic further confirms it, of course. Trump is beyond thin-skinned. What a punk he is.
Honestly, I don't care why he's doing it, I'm just kickin' back enjoying the libs go crazy over him doing it.

Clyde
Dec 31, 2017, 01:43 PM
Hillary Lied, 4 Americans Died
Dave Barrow's Avatar
They wanted the Federal Government to loan them the money for their two thirds share of the project. If they come up with their shares, I'm sure the Fed will keep their end of the bargain.
Dec 31, 2017, 01:45 PM
Free Tommy Robinson now!
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
Winning.

Thank you Mr. Trump.
President Trump's top 10 accomplishments in his first year in order of importance are:

1. Appointment of Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court

2. Appointment of 18 Federal judges (12 US Court of Appeals, 6 District Court)

3. Tax Reform

4. Immigration reform, war on open borders, ending DACA, etc.

5. Repeal of Obama regime’s regulations stifling economic growth, especially those regarding the coal industry

6. Pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Change Accords.

7. Pulling the U.S. out of the Pacific Trade Pact.

8. Reestablishing foreign respect for the U.S. by denouncing the Obama Iran deal, confronting DPRK aggression, defeating ISIS, moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, putting the U.N. in its place, making NATO members pay their fair share, etc.

9. War on crime

10. Support for the 2nd Amendment
Dec 31, 2017, 02:30 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
rcposter's Avatar
Forget partisan politics for just a second and consider this.

In my region, we just spent over $8billion (originally approved at $3bln) to build a 3km highway bridge. We are now considering a second bay crossing bridge for $100 billion, which means we might get away with spending around $200 billion.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at Cern, a 27 km long tunnel 100 meters below the earth's surface and traversing two countries, including the world's most sophisticated particle physics detectors (called "experiments")(not one, but four of them, each designed to detect different phenomena), lined entirely with the world's most sophisticated helium super-cooled magnets,...
cost $10 billion.







I wish this was just a debate about building infrastructure and carrying this great nation through the 21st century and beyond. It's really about which fat cat politicians and business executives can fleece the burgeoning hapless population of this corrupt and dying country.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:33 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
His legendary vindictiveness has no limit. He lives to get even with people. It's the driving force in his life.

New York and New Jersey are deep blue. New York City voters, who've been putting up with him for decades, utterly rejected him in the election. He got thoroughly trounced in New Jersey, too.

The plan is Obama's work. Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to get even with Obama for the 2011 White House Correspondent's dinner. Trump will never forget it.

"... the existing tunnel connecting New Jersey and New York City is damaged and could fail within 10 to 15 years, threatening daily rail transportation in the Northeast."

Perfect. He can really, really screw up all those people who didn't vote for him, and deliver another jab to Obama at the same time. There's no way he can resist it! It's all he could ask for!
.
Only in the liberal mind does being financially responsible equate to getting even.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:47 PM
Kraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT
President Trump's top 10 accomplishments in his first year in order of importance are:

1. Appointment of Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court

2. Appointment of 18 Federal judges (12 US Court of Appeals, 6 District Court)

3. Tax Reform

4. Immigration reform, war on open borders, ending DACA, etc.

5. Repeal of Obama regime’s regulations stifling economic growth, especially those regarding the coal industry

6. Pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Change Accords.

7. Pulling the U.S. out of the Pacific Trade Pact.

8. Reestablishing foreign respect for the U.S. by denouncing the Obama Iran deal, confronting DPRK aggression, defeating ISIS, moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, putting the U.N. in its place, making NATO members pay their fair share, etc.

9. War on crime

10. Support for the 2nd Amendment
Lay off the cool aid.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blame it on Trump OR should we blame it on Obama? rimshotcopter Life, The Universe, and Politics 10 Aug 12, 2017 05:01 PM
Idea Lets take the Trump --Obama care cut back money savings cyclops2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 1 Apr 26, 2017 08:01 PM
Alert Trump: I Will Veto Obama Actions On Guns "We're not changing the Second Amendment." traceyl Life, The Universe, and Politics 30 Aug 11, 2016 08:55 AM
Alert Obama Planning To Pull The Trigger On Gun Control Executive Order traceyl Life, The Universe, and Politics 45 Dec 06, 2015 02:36 PM
Discussion Trump: I Have Very BIG News on Obama Pipemajor Life, The Universe, and Politics 162 Oct 25, 2012 08:55 PM