Reliable ESC - RC Groups
Dec 30, 2017, 09:50 PM
Discussion

Reliable ESC

Hello all,
I am building a quad and looking for 30A ESC.
I am not really sure as what kind to get.
For example, should I go with OPTO or BEC? I know the difference between the 2, but not sure if it really matters?
Also, should I go with simonk or blheli or really doesn't matter again that much?
Anyway, what reliable ESC can you recommend?

Thanks
Borna
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2017, 02:43 PM
What size quad? A racer or not? What flight controller are you using and how do you plan to power it? If you are using a pdb that has power for the fc and the video then u get opto esc's. If it is a racer are you planning on using D shot? We need a little more info to help you properly
Dec 31, 2017, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPheli
What size quad? A racer or not? What flight controller are you using and how do you plan to power it? If you are using a pdb that has power for the fc and the video then u get opto esc's. If it is a racer are you planning on using D shot? We need a little more info to help you properly
Hi,
The frame size is 450, non-racing quad. Mostly looking for stable flying with Camera for filming and maybe add mission planner in future.
The flight controller I am planning to use is either pixhawk 2.0 or Naza Lite and GPS. TX is Taranis Frysky.

With so many brands of ESC, I am not sure which brands provide you a better reliability in the form of quality with less chance of breaking and cause the whole thing to crash. Also, is it better to use BEC or OPTO for what I am planning to do?

Borna
Dec 31, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borna1
Hello all,
I am building a quad and looking for 30A ESC.
I am not really sure as what kind to get.
For example, should I go with OPTO or BEC? I know the difference between the 2, but not sure if it really matters?
Also, should I go with simonk or blheli or really doesn't matter again that much?
Anyway, what reliable ESC can you recommend?

Thanks
Borna
In the USA, Castle Creations makes good stuff. I've got over a dozen of them.

Quick Reply