Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 30, 2017, 02:59 PM
Ken Stuhr
Question

Motocalc

Right forum for this question?

Just starting with Motocalc and Motowizard. In the Wizard, I see no prompts that an underlying assumption is that the props it analyzes are 2 Bl. Is this correct and is there a way to calculate results for 3 and 4 blades?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2017, 02:54 AM
Supersonic Engineering
In the 'Drive System' area (lower left) there's a box for 'Num Blades:'. Two blades is the default if you leave the box empty, otherwise enter 3, 4 or even more.
PS - I think this only appears on the main screen, not the wizard.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:27 PM
Ken Stuhr
Thanks Gordon. Yes, I had seen that but never yet have gotten beyond the Wizard. The main seems to ask many questions about motor that I need to be solving for. Looks like I'll have to read the instructions. Damn.
Dec 31, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyken
Thanks Gordon. Yes, I had seen that but never yet have gotten beyond the Wizard. The main seems to ask many questions about motor that I need to be solving for. Looks like I'll have to read the instructions. Damn.
Yeah, RTFM, ie, read the ( ) manual!

Quick Reply