R a c e R e a d y III - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 11:36 AM
Will fly for food
At this point all the parts are made and the entire hull with the keel trunk and rudder post is now at 620g. The rear deck will be glued to the hull this weekend and I will start on the winch mechanics next week. I should have the foredeck glued on by next weekend. This build is going way to fast.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2018, 06:54 PM
Will fly for food
Yesterday I glued the rear deck onto the hull after I installed all the deck eyelets. Today I spent most of the day in the shop and got the foredeck fitted and the mast ram fitted into the foredeck. I built a deck patch which holds a std. bantock pot. It adds about 35g but may be worth it for the convenience. As she sits now with the pot she is 690g and if you say the pot is part of the radio she is 660g.
Jan 14, 2018, 11:48 PM

looking sharp

Looking sharp David.
Mike

Jan 16, 2018, 08:35 PM
Will fly for food

She is now One

One piece that is. Glued on the foredeck last night and got a good sanding session done this afternoon. As she sits without the wires for the jib connections she is 652g. I have to add one more overall coat of epoxy which will be 80% removed and Ill get the weight before the first shot of primer goes on. If I can keep the weight of the paint to under 40g I'll be in good shape to have about 175g of corrector weight.
Jan 17, 2018, 04:16 PM
Will fly for food
I applied the last layer of epoxy which added 32g. I hope to get 25g of it sanded off later this evening. Right now she is post curing in an electric blanket.
Jan 17, 2018, 11:23 PM
Will fly for food
I like West Systems. The stuff is hard and easy to sand? I got 22g of the last coat taken off and the surface looks good. There are only about 20 little areas I needed to fill and I'll get the final sanding done tomorrow. I expect the hull to be at or near 665g ready for paint. I will be shooting the first primer coat this weekend one month since starting the build. The paint will take weeks to complete as I let it dry for a many days before I touch it.
Today, 10:53 AM
Will fly for food
She is ready for primer at 668g however it will have to wait for a week. I'm on Vaca to Mexico

Quick Reply