SkyRC RS16 problem - Display shows only colored squares - RC Groups
Dec 30, 2017, 02:38 PM
Discussion

SkyRC RS16 problem - Display shows only colored squares

Hi.

Since 2 years i'm using the SkyRC RS16 to charge my LiPos and from one day to another, it stopped working when i switched on the power supply.
Now, the display only shows squares in the first row, initial beep apears when powering it, but i cannot do anything else.
Has anybody of you seen sth. like this with this (or any other SkyRC charger)?

Sadly, the SkyRC support doesnt answer to eMails, i wrote them 3 and no response at all.

Thanks for your help.

to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2017, 05:13 PM
Yep, luckily mine was like that brand-new so Hitec exchanged it.
Dec 30, 2017, 11:22 PM
Uzi
Uzi
Legends never die
You need to find seller for warranty. The RS16 can not be recovered by yourself.
SkyRC only has facilities in China, and sells to distributors only. They will not offer repair or replacement service directly to users, just to its distributors only.
Dec 31, 2017, 01:24 AM
After 2 years of using it, i may not have any warranty anymore
Dec 31, 2017, 06:47 AM
If you are in the USA, this could be an option for you if you'd like to purchase a new one for $50. The combo with the power supply is $80.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEMEY&P=7
Dec 31, 2017, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Myers
If you are in the USA, this could be an option for you if you'd like to purchase a new one for $50. The combo with the power supply is $80.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEMEY&P=7
Buying the same charger after the old one possibly died for no obvious reason, isnt really an option and even less if i dont get any response from the support of it ...
But nevertheless, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi
You need to find seller for warranty. The RS16 can not be recovered by yourself.
SkyRC only has facilities in China, and sells to distributors only. They will not offer repair or replacement service directly to users, just to its distributors only.
I'm gonna try it that way, thanks for the hint.

Still, i dont get why they have a support on their homepage and even a "chat" where you should get an answer in "a few minutes", but as u can guess, also nobody is answering to me for days now.
Last edited by mbandthegang; Dec 31, 2017 at 07:06 AM.
Dec 31, 2017, 09:16 AM
Buy a Reaktor charger I see you have the power supply,they come with good reviews, I own a duo and two singles of the 300w version which are trouble free, the first one is from when they came on the market 3-4 yrs maybe more ???
Jan 03, 2018, 09:36 AM
SkyRC finally answered to my eMails.... In a first eMail, they asked me, if a beep apears, when i push or move the button, which doesnt. The 2nd answer is below.

"Sorry to hear that.
Chipset issue can not be fixed by yourself.
Only in mainland China we can provide a life long repair service.
We are in Shenzhen only.
Maybe it is time for your to get a new toy in the new year!
Cheer up!"

Super disappointing, that after 2 years i have a trashy balancer without any possibility of repairing (not for free, id pay for that if it ll be worth it). I payed 80 for the RS16 and for that money i could have bought 3 imax b6....

Absolutely my last SkyRC product, not because of the balancer, but as of the service! Hopefully its different in the US then here in europe.
Last edited by mbandthegang; Jan 03, 2018 at 01:01 PM.
Jan 03, 2018, 10:09 AM
its a fart.
2 years of life..you got lucky.purchased a icharger 208 a few years back..some what similar issue on 1st power up.sellar said it was my fault..thanks to credit card.i recover my money..time to buy another charger maybe..highly unlikely youll find help or repair 4 this..
Jan 05, 2018, 02:58 AM
Uzi
Uzi
Legends never die
Hi Markus, have you told them you are willing to pay to repair the charger since its void warranty?
I can help inform them to repair the charger for you, if you can get it to them.
Jan 05, 2018, 05:20 AM
Today i got an eMail from SkyRC, that if i cover returning costs, they will fix it for free. Thats even more then i expected and i have to change my opinion about the service of SkyRC.

Uzi, thanks a lot for your help in my case! I really appreciate that.

Quick Reply